The hopefully useful blocked downloads thread

questions/comments/screenshots

Moderator: Gerty

Matie
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: The hopefully useful blocked downloads thread

Post by Matie » 04 Jul 2019 01:53

Hosts usually provide an option to generate free SSL certificates. All that needs to be done, I believe, is the files need to be transferred over from one folder to another, and the redirection needs to be set up, it shouldn't be too difficult (provided I've been able to do it for treditor.hu with no knowledge or experience at all, but some research), I'm sure Michael can do it. Whether he's got time to do it is another question. I'd gladly offer my assistance, but I'm too busy myself and I still don't think I have the necessary experience not to mess it up :sweatdrop:

Ceamonks890

Post by Ceamonks890 » 04 Jul 2019 06:42

I hope this gets resolved soon, because trle.net has proven to be such a consistently reliable place for me over the years. And if I'll be perfectly honest, the other TRLE level hosting sites aren't anywhere near as good by comparison. TReditor.hu is OK for more modern releases, but it isn't so good when it comes to older levels (would be nice if all of those were updated accordingly to be playable from download, as they are on here :wink: ). Either way, at least there are workarounds to dealing with this irritating issue in the meantime.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 04 Jul 2019 07:21

Treditor.hu should stay just the way it is!

There is a real advantage to being able to build many of the old levels the original way, and for backwards compatibility with all of the level editor features. If you want the stand-alone zips, trle.net is there for that,

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 05 Nov 2019 18:12

Forgot to bump it.

Here it goes: *bump*