The teacher's lesson about evil money

questions/comments/screenshots

Moderator: Gerty

Teone

The teacher's lesson about evil money

Post by Teone » 25 Sep 2018 13:43

Probably I'm one of the few estimator of the game #E.V.I.L by sonnyd83, or maybe the other estimators are ashamed to admit it. I don't care.

That game is so exaggerated that was incredibly exhilarating to me. :lol: Finally an anti-hero! Finally no exit door! Finally the Evil represented in its totally nonsense and not as an intermediate stage for a redemption.
Dave is a genius to me. He is my new idol, at least for the courage of publishing a game of that kind. :2thumbsup:

But now I have a request: could someone give me a text version of the teacher's lesson that you can hear in the secret room at the end of the game? No need to play the game to do it, just go in the audio folder and play the file 163_abetterworld.ogg

IMO in that speech are the keywords to understand the game, but unfortunately I was able to have only a "foggy comprehension" of it because english is not my mother tongue. I have no difficoulties to understand a written text, while if I hear an audio speech I miss some words.

Above all I'm interested to understand the final quote, when the teacher speaks about Robert Morris, a founding father and financier of the American Revolution.

If someone could give me a text version of that speech, I will appreciate.
Thank you.

Teone

Re: The teacher's lesson about evil money

Post by Teone » 02 Oct 2018 13:08

Never mind, I transcript it by myself. Not sure if all sentences are correct and still lacks of some words, but the meaning is clear. I put it here in spoiler, if may someone been interested in having a deeper comprehension of that provocative game.
SpoilerShow
You are late, boy... sit down!

So, children, today we're going to learn about money.

To the average person the word money is just what it sounds like "cash", just something you use to exchange for goods or services. To the more enlight [...] it is so much more than that.

An interesting quote from Nathan [...] a german british banker in the early 19th century: The man who controls british money supply controls the british empire and I control the british money supply. The keyword here is "control", no other word matters in this context.

Just think about it for a moment: you cannot legally buy anything without using the legal tender of a nation, [...] dollar, pound or your own, and one must conclude that is illegal to eat and therefore to exist without the permission of a central bank or those who founded it.

Indeed the trend over the past five hundreds years has been the centralization of power and money into the hands of the few: small states came together to form larger states, large states form unions, an so on. Free trade agreements are an extension of this. These things may allow large corporations to avoid paying hiring taxes, but also allowed them to move business abroad to countries such as China where wages are poor. This enriches them and they share all this [...] at the expense of everyone else. Their greed truly knows no bounds. They will certainly manipulate well all the events, so things go their way.

Indeed a founding father, Robert Morris, was a financier of the american revolution: The promise of wealth like a drug can eat away all the men's soul, until there is a little or nought, and a man with no soul is for all intents and purposes evil.

Topic (almost) closed. I'd still like to know if the quote from Robert Morris is authentic and where has been taken from, but probably only Dave could answer this question.

Thanks for reading