questions/comments/screenshots

Moderator: Gerty

Nina Croft
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Dark City Pt. 2 Demo Coming Soon!

Post by Nina Croft » 23 Jun 2018 16:21

Hello, fellow raiders,

I am extremely happy to announce that Milan Penčić Lima is going to release the demo version of Dark City Part 2 in a couple of days. I've already contacted Michael via email, I hope he'll reply soon. The Demo version is being packed and prepared for upload as we speak, and I hope it will be available for you to download and play already on Monday or Tuesday.

Please note:
  • The Demo pack will be released exclusively by the level-builder through me on TRLE.net. Once it is released here, you may upload it and share it on other TRLE-related portals and sites.
  • The level-builder insists on one condition: do not publish any walkthrough for this Demo version before the official walkthrough is released here on TRLE.net. The official walkthrough will be released two weeks after the Demo version. Use Stuck forum for help, beta tester DJ Full and me will be there to help you until the official walkthrough is released.
  • Once the official walkthrough is released here, you can share it everywhere you want, and also add unofficial walkthroughs if you want.
  • Of course, you can publish a gameplay video on YouTube at any time, just make sure to indicate the level name, the name of the builder and the download link at TRLE.net in the description
  • All communication with the builder will take place here on TRLE.net through me, since the builder is a friend of mine and he doesn't speak English at all.
The entire levelset will be huge, with 12 levels + 6 bonus levels. Lima needs a few months to finalize the last levels. You must know that Lima creates all objects from scratch, there are hundreds of new objects and puzzles and the award system (secrets and bonus levels) is particularly complex.

The Demo includes:
1) Level One + bonus level
2) Level Two + bonus level

A few screenshots from the levels included in this Demo pack...

Anything you can buy with money is cheap (Remarque)...

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Dark City Pt. 2 Demo Coming Soon!

Post by vimmers » 23 Jun 2018 18:15

long long awaited after 8 years
and now you say it's only a demo
and he need only a couple of months to finish the last 10+4 bonus
why release a demo now then ????
but anyway i looking forward to it

Nina Croft
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Nina Croft » 23 Jun 2018 18:35

Hi, Vimmers,

First of all, don't shoot the messenger, please.
Second: Lima is a very busy man, being a graphical designer who must provide alone for his family. He has very little free time to work on these levels. Now, he is very ambitious about this level. He created tons of new objects and puzzles from scratch. Also, he developed really complex and advanced reward system, something we've never seen so far in TRLE. There are also many other new things, timed events, elevators, underground cities, elaborate traps, extremely complex puzzles, earthquakes, Lara will descend into the very Hell etc. All these things take a lot of time to make, adjust, code and build, and time is a rare and scarce asset nowadays, my friend.
Third: He decided to release the first two levels with their respective bonus levels for several reasons: to show you (the players) that he is working really hard on Part 2; to give the players a sneak preview of the entire game; to stimulate himself and also, to show the players why it takes this much time to finish the entire game.

And last, but not the least, it is not okay to be angry at Lima for his slow process of level-building. He invested a lot of time, efforts and love into building this game for you, so that you can really enjoy it once released in full. Please appreciate this. Yes, the waiting time is awfully long, I agree, but still, in this particular case, quality is Lima's top priority and haste won't result in quality, quite the contrary.

Please don't be angry (you do sound angry, sorry). I hope that it's just your impatience, and not anger.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 23 Jun 2018 19:06

it wasn't my intention to sound angry and i am not
i really looking forward to it
and could have waited those couple of months
pictures looking beautiful
(haven't you showed some of them before here)

Nina Croft
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Nina Croft » 23 Jun 2018 19:27

Yes, I shared some screenshots earlier here, but they got removed from the picture hosting site (no idea why).

Sylwia
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Post by Sylwia » 24 Jun 2018 11:39

Looking great :2thumbsup: Cant wait to play :)

Bojrkraider
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Bojrkraider » 25 Jun 2018 07:55

Awesome. I've been waiting ages for this. Even if it is just a demo, I can't wait to start playing it. The first part is one of my favorite levels.

billie2001

Post by billie2001 » 25 Jun 2018 10:11

Great news! Part 1 is one of my favourite trle's.
One question though: Since this demo includes the first 2 levels, will it be possible to continue the full game from our last savegame?

scottchu

Post by scottchu » 28 Jun 2018 10:16

billie2001 wrote:
25 Jun 2018 10:11
Great news! Part 1 is one of my favourite trle's.
+1. Part 1 is good one. Have good looking forward to playing part 2.
I may get older, but my heart for Lara is always young!
msn: scottchu_tw@hotmail.com
yahoo: scottchu.tw
email: scottchu.tw@gmail.com