scottchu

Re: HyperSquare season 2 :)

Post by scottchu » 26 Apr 2018 05:44

vimmers wrote:
25 Apr 2018 21:02
use 7zip it's free and can unzip all files
and to all if you have a slow download go to your library
or at work or a friend and download it there
The rar can only be opened by new version's 7zip. My 7zip can't open it. I use other uncompress s/w to open same files ok. I believe the rar is compressed in rar v5.0 file format.
I may get older, but my heart for Lara is always young!
msn: scottchu_tw@hotmail.com
yahoo: scottchu.tw
email: scottchu.tw@gmail.com

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 26 Apr 2018 06:11

update your 7zip
cos i just tried

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 26 Apr 2018 16:51

scottchu wrote:
26 Apr 2018 05:42
SuzanneJack wrote:
25 Apr 2018 20:13
scottchu wrote:
25 Apr 2018 19:25
I use Net Transport to download the rar files (Using browser's normal is quite slow but Net Transport will be faster on my PC). But I can't use 7zip to open it? Is there any proection that prohibits Net Transport to get file correctly?
=======
EDIT: I see 7zip can't open a newer verison rar file. I change to use other uncompress s/w. A suggestion to Psiko: Maybe you can make them zip files rather than rar files for download.
That would be easier for zip. I'm afraid I won't be able to play since I've been downloading for 2 1/2 hours and only at 326 MB for only one file. :(
Try NOT directly using browser 's download manager. Instead, use some other download s/w. In my case, Using browser to download directly has speed at 130 kbps, whereas when I use NetTransport, I got speed with serverl Mbps.
I just downloaded NetTransport, but I don't know how to use it. Started downloading 1 file and it goes to download file again. I mean download folder on my computer. How do I make NetTransport the one that the downloads go to?

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 26 Apr 2018 17:21

probably in settings somewhere

scottchu

Post by scottchu » 26 Apr 2018 19:12

SuzanneJack wrote:
26 Apr 2018 16:51
I just downloaded NetTransport, but I don't know how to use it. Started downloading 1 file and it goes to download file again. I mean download folder on my computer. How do I make NetTransport the one that the downloads go to?
If I remember correct. First copy the download url. Then open NetTransport and click download tool button (a red arrow icon). It will open a dialog with the just-copied url already set in the dialog, just choose your download folder and click ok/start button. It will then show the download item and its progress in main window's on-downloading list table. You should be able to see there's a column showing current download speed. Check out this url: http://net-transport.findmysoft.com/screenshot/
I may get older, but my heart for Lara is always young!
msn: scottchu_tw@hotmail.com
yahoo: scottchu.tw
email: scottchu.tw@gmail.com

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Post by Gerty » 26 Apr 2018 22:44

OR try the Hungarian site for the download.
Oops, I did it again... Image

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 26 Apr 2018 22:56

Thanks Scottchu and Gerty. Which is the Hungarian link? In case I can't figure out how to do Scottchu's.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 26 Apr 2018 23:01

mirror 2 dear
it's clearly written above the download links

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 29 Apr 2018 23:53

Psiko, is there any way to disable the FMV that plays in the main menu without deactivating FMVs altogether? :anxious:

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 30 Apr 2018 01:25

Just press the ESC button. That is easier than messing around with the program.

psiko

Post by psiko » 30 Apr 2018 01:31

fmv's should not be disabled, because they activate things in game, so you need them :) in case you can substitute the title fmv with a shorter placeholder so it will load faster... but what is the actual problem with it? I assume you know how to skip it, right? Tombtitan gave you the correct suggestion, but you played season 1 four years ago and you hadn't problem with it, am I right...?

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 30 Apr 2018 01:32

Yes, that's what I've been doing. But I've found that upon reloading 4-5 times in a short span of time (when missing tricky jumps) the game crashes. I don't know about you, but I do have a terrible tendency of having Lara's neck broken in these levels. :lol:

If there's a way to simply override that particular FMV it'd be much quicker to get back into the action.

psiko

Post by psiko » 30 Apr 2018 01:48

scottchu wrote:
25 Apr 2018 17:34
OH! YEAH! Finally there's HS Season 2. Finally there's a big giant level! Way to go, Psiko. Someone already posts your new level message on China's tombraider forum (http://bbs.gmly.info/index.php/topic,13657.0.html) (Note: though I am from Taiwan). They are asking what's new in S2 and what's the difference between this version's S1 and previous version, if any?

Oh! Thanks for making our TR life bright again :2thumbsup:. Have you ever thought about recommend HS to movie studio to make it true to be a 3D animation movie?
in hs2 there are many vehicles (and many, many more will be in hs3, and even more innovative), there will be plot twists and few revelations. There will be many new features for usual interactive items and new items at all, new gears for Lara and many new possibilities for her on the gameplay side.

S1 now is easier (not easy in absolute terms) with many more in game helps, tutorial fmv's, traps are half shorter, less damaging, some jumps were made a lot easier. And many more user friendly additions. All reported bugs were fixed.

about your suggestion, I wish it was possible, but from Italy I don't know any way to achieve this. TechnoEgyptians' universe is complex and I will try to tell the main story in those three HS seasons and maybe a "Tomb Raider A" remake, called "HyperSquare Edition" but only after I finish S3, who knows. The details of this universe cannot be told entirely, only because those are only games, I would need the pace of big novels to tell everything I have in mind, but they are there and substain the story in those HS games seasons. I would made them a several books saga, if I had the time to tell the story, and even though I write often since I was a child, i don't know if I have the skill to tell everything properly. Who knows, if I were born in USA I would probably have had chances to make this universe something like Star Wars, lol :) (just dreaming) :)

This narrative universe will come to a complete story end with S3, but as it is intended, it can be made of many parts, diverging, converging, etc etc. :)

Life is only one, time so short, for now I'll make those games, but if you have some Hollywood boss to talk with about this, you're welcome, lol :)

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 30 Apr 2018 20:57

Psiko, some of your FMVs may not play directly in Windows depending on how Windows is configured with respect to video standards for the monitor, dvds, etc. This is because the installation of Windows chooses NTSC or PAL for the default video format based on the location of the computer (e.g. NTSC in North America and PAL in Europe). Depending on where the player lives, your FMVs 56, 57, 59, 60, and 61 may not play in media player or HyperSquare whether KLite codecs are installed or not. The sound may work in media player, but not the video. In the game, FMV60, for example, can even hang up the HyperSquare program at the place it is supposed to play the FMV causing the need to use CTRL-ALT-DEL to kill the program or in a worse case scenario the need to turn the power off on the computer and reboot in safe mode. Since I am in North America I converted these mpeg FMVs to NTSC mpegs, and they now work in media player and HyperSquare (at least those before the search for masks in Masai Village where I am).

veronia

Post by veronia » 05 May 2018 11:49

Omg I downloaded the files several times cuz I thought they were damaged, but winrar does NOT open them. Gee wish I'd known. 7zip is doing it now ..slowly lol. :roll:

This 7-zip works (download): https://sourceforge.net/projects/sevenz ... p_redirect
yaoza.