HyperSquare season 2 :)

questions/comments/screenshots

Moderator: Gerty

User avatar
psiko
Member
Member
Posts: 696
Joined: 02 Dec 2001 02:56

HyperSquare season 2 :)

Post by psiko » 18 Apr 2018 16:32

Finally
I was thinking this moment was never going to actually happen
HyperSquare season2 has a release date :D
I am going to release it on April 21st, 2018, exactly 4 years later since HS season 1 :D
After the so many trouble I had to realease it, I have to admit I made it possible only because I am a hopelessly stubborn and I get more creative during difficulties XD
This release date has been chosen so in the end, I'll have the same date to look out for celebrations when I'll have updates on future developments XD

S1 will get a re-release, and it will be playable as a whole bigger game together with S2: for the ones who played S1 already, there's a savegame inside the big download package to start at the beginning of S2 directly. This means previous HS release will be deprecated, as if you want to join this adventure, just download this big package and enjoy :)

Here's a YT video explaining this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4MSyAUyKZ4


Anyhow, this is a Highlights Movie regarding s1, just to get in touch again with what you might have already played
Highlights movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cthyk3mdK14

So, HyperSquare s1+s2 game will be released in 3 days April 21st at 21:21 Greenwich time :) I will post 2 other YT videos during this time till the game will be available:)
http://hypersquare.trle.it has been updated with a countdown till the release hour (well, wait few minutes and it will be on line) :)

KingOfTheValleys
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: 16 Apr 2015 11:47

Re: HyperSquare season 2 :)

Post by KingOfTheValleys » 18 Apr 2018 17:08

Finally a release date, and that so soon! Super excited; can't wait! Psiko, you're the best! :) Thank you so much for this amazing work!

User avatar
JoeTheCrazyGamer
Member
Member
Posts: 126
Joined: 07 May 2015 22:01
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: HyperSquare season 2 :)

Post by JoeTheCrazyGamer » 18 Apr 2018 20:05

So excited this is gonna be awesome.
"I understand that somehow is in my favour, so indulge me about the dagger. I'd be indebted with your life."

Image

User avatar
Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Posts: 3046
Joined: 08 Sep 2001 05:36
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: HyperSquare season 2 :)

Post by Treeble » 18 Apr 2018 23:58

psiko wrote:
18 Apr 2018 16:32
So, HyperSquare s1+s2 game will be released in 3 days April 21st at 21:21 Greenwich time :)
I AM NOT READY FOR THIS

Thank you so much Antonio. Looking forward to it to be hopelessly stuck on every new corner all over again. (Good times lol) :D

If both levelsets are included, how big is the download?

User avatar
Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter
Posts: 9520
Joined: 21 May 2003 04:26
Location: Portugal (Porto area)

Re: HyperSquare season 2 :)

Post by Jorge22 » 19 Apr 2018 09:55

I may not be playing as season 1 was too much of an ordeal to me as it was.

That's got nothing to do with quality, I must stress. I'm not looking but I may have given the first four well deserved tens.

I'm certain many players will love to go through the game and I'm glad somebody takes time to build such high quality projects. It's just that I want something lighter.
Image

User avatar
psiko
Member
Member
Posts: 696
Joined: 02 Dec 2001 02:56

Re: HyperSquare season 2 :)

Post by psiko » 19 Apr 2018 11:10

JoeTheCrazyGamer wrote:
18 Apr 2018 20:05
So excited this is gonna be awesome.
I hope it will :) and hs3 which I am already working on is promisingly the best levelset I've ever done :) but enjoy s2 for now :)
Treeble wrote:
18 Apr 2018 23:58
I AM NOT READY FOR THIS
Thank you so much Antonio. Looking forward to it to be hopelessly stuck on every new corner all over again. (Good times lol) :D
If both levelsets are included, how big is the download?
you wont't get stuck many time... it's slightly easier and most of the times it will be because you probably will forget to use the time flux specimen, whose use and features are given for granted in s2 :) I toned down slightly the difficulties so people can reach the end still focusing on the events and story I am telling :)
Size is huge, a whoping 10.7 GB divided in 6 files to download :)
KingOfTheValleys wrote:
18 Apr 2018 17:08
Finally a release date, and that so soon! Super excited; can't wait! Psiko, you're the best! :) Thank you so much for this amazing work!
thank you for playing it, let me know what you think once you finish it :)

@Jorge22, don't worry, the game is easier than season1 and slighlty shorter, but still not an easy cup of tea :) you might change your idea or mood in future :) download will still be there for you :) then you could wait for few someone else's comments to finally decide :)

****
Anyhow, about HSs2 features, it will have the highest amont of secrets in any of my levelset :) My Tomb Raider A had 7 secrets in about 30 levels, HSs1 had 5 in 12 levels. As I was asked for more secrets (for instance by JoeTheCrazyGamer himself) HSs2 will have 19 secrets in 9.5 levels :) (don't worry for the amont of levels, some of them are really long). And the last secret to be found is the craziest secret I've ever done :) it will take you around the whole level (or so) to pick it up :)

KingOfTheValleys
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: 16 Apr 2015 11:47

Re: HyperSquare season 2 :)

Post by KingOfTheValleys » 19 Apr 2018 14:40

I sure will! Looking forward to finding all the secrets! 8)

User avatar
psiko
Member
Member
Posts: 696
Joined: 02 Dec 2001 02:56

Re: HyperSquare season 2 :)

Post by psiko » 20 Apr 2018 00:34

finding all of them is really a challenge even for very experienced players, and I am thinking about a reward as a prize for the first one who can prove with screenshots and savegame he/she was able to find them all :D

anyhow, this is the third video from YT:
https://youtu.be/Z3t9-IL6qy8
it shows the working of one of the new items in game that enables new features in gameplay :)
Enjoy :)

TombTitan
Member
Member
Posts: 518
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 08:11

Re: HyperSquare season 2 :)

Post by TombTitan » 20 Apr 2018 04:10

Psiko,
Your six downloads total 10.7gb (about 2gb each). I hope you are using multiple servers which do NOT throttle the download speed or require membership fees, and also allow the downloads to be resumed (without starting over) if interrupted by outages. I have DSL and it takes 2 to 4 hours to download a 2gb file which is NOT throttled or interrupted. Not everyone can have high speed internet.

The trle.net server is too slow for these files.

User avatar
psiko
Member
Member
Posts: 696
Joined: 02 Dec 2001 02:56

Re: HyperSquare season 2 :)

Post by psiko » 20 Apr 2018 13:51

TombTitan, can't wait for you playing my game :D
I'm sad for your internet connection, I remind 10.7 GB are for two seasons together.. but I cannot split them due to technical reason because of trouble I had with my pc at a certain time... well, I am not a technician, but I'll have 4 mirrors since beginning, and one is from www.aspidetr.com which is really fast, so, unless there are too many users downloading at the same time, I recommend that server (they will be listed in the download page of the new upcoming site, http://hypersquare.trle.it ). In case of problems, try a download helper/manager, which would resume your download checking integrity of files too once it resumes them. There should be some free managers to try. Anyhow, no membership fees in any case :)
I hope you'll enjoy it once the ( maybe not so much troubled) download will end :)

KingOfTheValleys
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: 16 Apr 2015 11:47

Re: HyperSquare season 2 :)

Post by KingOfTheValleys » 20 Apr 2018 18:01

I'm sure it's a huge challenge to find them all and I'm also sure I won't find every single one all by myself, but I will at least try. :)

User avatar
JoeTheCrazyGamer
Member
Member
Posts: 126
Joined: 07 May 2015 22:01
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: HyperSquare season 2 :)

Post by JoeTheCrazyGamer » 21 Apr 2018 00:47

psiko wrote:
19 Apr 2018 11:10

Anyhow, about HSs2 features, it will have the highest amont of secrets in any of my levelset :) My Tomb Raider A had 7 secrets in about 30 levels, HSs1 had 5 in 12 levels. As I was asked for more secrets (for instance by JoeTheCrazyGamer himself) HSs2 will have 19 secrets in 9.5 levels :) (don't worry for the amont of levels, some of them are really long). And the last secret to be found is the craziest secret I've ever done :) it will take you around the whole level (or so) to pick it up :)
Thanks Psiko, And Craziest Secret i dont stand a chance, but Its like Ice Cream If i know its there i want it.
"I understand that somehow is in my favour, so indulge me about the dagger. I'd be indebted with your life."

Image

User avatar
psiko
Member
Member
Posts: 696
Joined: 02 Dec 2001 02:56

Re: HyperSquare season 2 :)

Post by psiko » 21 Apr 2018 02:10

And here it goes: a teaser trailer :)
https://youtu.be/K1Wdv2oMNxI

@joe :)
Image

User avatar
Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Posts: 3046
Joined: 08 Sep 2001 05:36
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: HyperSquare season 2 :)

Post by Treeble » 21 Apr 2018 03:56

I am a bit sad there aren't time distortions this time around, but damn if I'm not excited all the same. :D

That shopping cart looks like it might open up a lot of possibilities, I can already see myself getting stuck because of it lol. I remember in season 1 that "enemy" that we had to pick up something off his face to destroy it -- never would have thought of doing that. 8)

User avatar
psiko
Member
Member
Posts: 696
Joined: 02 Dec 2001 02:56

Re: HyperSquare season 2 :)

Post by psiko » 21 Apr 2018 15:29

That enemy was source of criticism because was not intuitive, not user friendly. It left the impression of a too hard game, even to reviewers. Obviously I disagree, because my goal is to always give a playing experience comparable to official classic games in lenght, longevity and difficulties. Chinese dragon in tr2 was an inspiration for that interactive enemy, and there weren't fmvs nor on screen helps to defeat it, which is something I was asked for to add, and I did it in the revision of this level. But I still believe that discorering everything by yourself is thousands times more satisfying. So helps are there but not invasive (so that players can decide if to use them or not). Same thing for vehicles: nobody teached you how to use them in Core games, we simply had to try all the available common keys to find their features :) you'll see how I managed this dualism of approach once you'll play HSs2 :) I think the problem is that today players maybe are afraid to dare and are taken to only do what they are told to do :) so if you don't tell them there's a new feature, they won't discover it by exploring and searching for new solutions :) so it's very difficult from me still giving new things, according my vision of level editing, yet make those innovations feel not "dangerous" to experience/experiment, but I love challenges :)

About time distortions levels, it would have been redoundant to give some more, because that was an inner trilogy of levels each with 4 sublevels in them and each sublevel has reason to exist (some of them will be unfolded in HSs3 ) and there's a reason why one of the 4 sublevels was HyperUranium :)

There are some features to enjoy in HSs2 and the main one is the progression of the story I am telling :) there is still diversity of environments, even if inspired by parts with same theme or "worlds" as much as tr2 was, which is an inspiration for HSs2.

The shopping cart (and its features) is used only once in this season, it could reappear in s3 in different form. I spoiled it for the reason to maie it useable without trouble by players of any kind :)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests