PedroTheGamer : The Egyptian Great Wall (Demo)

questions/comments/screenshots

Moderator: Gerty

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: PedroTheGamer : The Egyptian Great Wall (Demo)

Post by Jorge22 » 23 Dec 2017 11:35

I've got that feeling too but what the hell...

Talos

Post by Talos » 23 Dec 2017 14:13

DJ Full wrote:
23 Dec 2017 09:46
What about almost unchanged citadel in Talos's recent game? What about Psychedelic Angkor Wat? What about retextured Valley of the Kings in Secret of Forbidden Town?
Mah... For me, we're on another planet. Grey and I took PRJ officers released from Core, so free. Instead Pedro took a level not his saying it was his. There are several videos on Youtube about "his" levels.

I took the prj of the coastal ruins because it is free from bugs, and building an outdoor and vast environment is very complicated. Then I copied the Title of TR4 (because I like it and because it is historically similar to the period in which I set the level). I also wrote this in the readme.
I am not opposed to original PRJ modified: if Core has released them, why not use them?
I am against the theft of the levels without the consent of the author.

Alex Chap

Post by Alex Chap » 23 Dec 2017 15:40

Actually, I remember that PedroTheGamer did some videos on YouTube and one was claiming that he was mading my Desert of Despair, but his presentation was lacking some musics and maybe other things, I don't remember it was almost 10 months ago.

When he saw how dramatic it went in the comments section, he decided to delete his vid.

Personnally, I don't care if you do this, but it spikes a bit the heart when someone gets the compliments instead of you, even if in the community we clearly know who made which levels, I mean we all remarked this with that last release. :/

psiko

Post by psiko » 23 Dec 2017 21:38

has been already demonstrated he is not Dwight, or am I the only one who thinks there's more than few coincidences?

AlexCroft

Post by AlexCroft » 24 Dec 2017 02:07

I think that are different people substantially. The difference between Pedro and Dwight is that Dwight has got more computer technology knowledge than Pedro, indeed Pedro can't mod as like as Dwight, this last one not only modified entire levels adding new things, he added other moves and he was also good in scripting.
Playing the custom level Dark Passages - Skedar Mystery (Demo), which I did also a video-walkthrough published on my YouTube channel, there are noticed things that Pedro (or Joao Pedro, his entire name) can only imagine. The same I can say about The Paramina Rift, Soulcalibur III and the top of his "disastrous" building era, in The Mist, Resurrection. Furthermore Dwight Clemons I saw that he did a mod of the Steam version of Final Fantasy 9 called Evil Mist Rebirth ( source: http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/final ... 454993712/ , https://steamcommunity.com/app/377840/d ... 929058231/ , https://steamcommunity.com/app/377840/d ... 307744876/ ), really crazy things...

Mr XY

Post by Mr XY » 27 Dec 2017 14:35

FYI
Pedro has a twitch account named LoreTheGamer1237. (when you click his profile his real name is shown.) He was in a german stream the other day acting stupid.

Sorry, but he is not some misunderstood person, he is an obvious troll. :roll:

Talos

Post by Talos » 27 Dec 2017 18:10

Mr XY wrote:
27 Dec 2017 14:35
FYI
Pedro has a twitch account named LoreTheGamer1237. (when you click his profile his real name is shown.) He was in a german stream the other day acting stupid.

Sorry, but he is not some misunderstood person, he is an obvious troll. :roll:
Yes, he stole LoreRaider's nickname. I saw a live by DJ Full on one of my levels and it was annoying to read his mocking comments... :beadyeyes:

LoreRaider

Post by LoreRaider » 27 Dec 2017 18:12

Yeah, I know that, since a lot, he said to me he choose that name because he was thinking about me when he created the account (really...), so he used that :?

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 27 Dec 2017 23:05

What Pedro actually shows is one can be too immature to publish one's levels or even post videos to Youtube and so forth.

He seems to show other - more marginal, sociological - things but I refuse to get into that.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 28 Dec 2017 09:32

Talos wrote:
27 Dec 2017 18:10
Yes, he stole LoreRaider's nickname. I saw a live by DJ Full on one of my levels and it was annoying to read his mocking comments... :beadyeyes:
Except that none of those comments was actually mocking anybody... I just rewatched and re-read every single one.
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

Talos

Post by Talos » 28 Dec 2017 19:52

DJ Full wrote:
28 Dec 2017 09:32
Talos wrote:
27 Dec 2017 18:10
Except that none of those comments was actually mocking anybody... I just rewatched and re-read every single one.
With "mocking comments" I mean mocking behavior, its "disturbing" Lore stealing the nickname. I'm not used to streaming like Twitch and maybe these disturbing comments are normal (as I told you, I do not see the live because I do not have powerful Internet), but I remember well the comments to Lore. But you know it's a little troll. I've seen so many small trolls around the web, and I can't stand them. :angry: Even if they don't say profanity is the way to behave that is typical of the "troublemaker". I do not know how to translate Bing, unfortunately I do not speak English and I try to write short phrases and small from Italian :cry:

The fact is that he stole Lore's nick. And here we return to the focus of the topic. Although maybe we're giving him too much importance...

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 28 Dec 2017 21:15

Maybe we're giving him exactly what he wants... Or partly... Or not exactly... That's because I can't read people's minds.

Ranpyon

Post by Ranpyon » 28 Dec 2017 21:59

Just to let you know... he also posted on Youtube a video of the 3rd Venice level of the "Reign of Chaos" saga, claiming it as his level and changing its name ("The Secret of the desert Temple").
Really, I can't understand the behaviour of certain people. If they are like this with such small things like these, I can't imagine how can they be with bigger and more important things.

Luisa

Post by Luisa » 29 Dec 2017 01:55

I have dealed with people with a similar personality profile as his in my personal life. That is: people who would claim ownership over other people's accomplishments in order to feel good about themselves. I believe it's a case some sort of slight mythomania as those people are under the genuine dellusion that claiming ownership over other people's work genuinely grants them such ownership, hence why they feel no shame over it. One particular person I knew, when confronted with his lies, would straight up reply that the accuser was just picking on him for some completely unrelated reason without addressing their proofs and from the bottom of his heart he actually believed it. So no, I don't think calling this Pedro person out on what he's done or giving him poor reviews will help it. Just ban him.
"If I had a coconut for everytime some lunatic said something like that..."

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 29 Dec 2017 05:33

^ He's closer to this than to a troll. But I don't think he really believes in his ownership.
When I told him "don't use MagPlus's map" he replied "you hate me because I'm making a remake".
So he does know the project isn't his - but making 2-3 changes fulfill his remake definition.
Can you tell me how many changes actually define a remake? 200? 300? Does it even matter?

I'm speaking of his recent actions, not about what he did 1 year ago when he claimed projects.
"Remaking" like he does now is lesser issue, which may show he was able to learn something.
People speaking here still tend to mix events from that old phase and the current one.

In any case, I'm almost sure Pedro's actions don't originate from evil intentions.
And I would only ban true evil, not people who failed to define something.
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN