PedroTheGamer : The Egyptian Great Wall (Demo)

questions/comments/screenshots

Moderator: Gerty

MagPlus

PedroTheGamer : The Egyptian Great Wall (Demo)

Post by MagPlus » 19 Dec 2017 22:39

Hi everyone,

Not sure if it's the good place to post this, but I wanted everyone to know :

Just wanted to say that I never gave any permission to PedroTheGamer to release a game that is almost exactly the same as Egyptian Dream.
Yes, I provided sources of the level which is oubviously a kind of authorization to use them. But I thought it was obvious too that any builder would create his/her own level with them instead of using the whole project, changing little things here and there, breaking almost all the gameplay, and most of all claiming it's his level.

Hope you understand my point of view

Phil
Mod
Mod

Re: PedroTheGamer : The Egyptian Great Wall (Demo)

Post by Phil » 20 Dec 2017 00:15

If memory serves, PedroTheGamer is no stranger to controversy.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 20 Dec 2017 01:48

Why aren't I surprised? I can't think of anything useful to say... Maybe nobody should review the level. Or maybe everyone should rate it accordingly (which I'm sure we will)...

Ceamonks890

Post by Ceamonks890 » 20 Dec 2017 03:00

And its not just MagPlus that Pedro actively stole stuff from either. There's voiceover files from Max's Ancient Artifact II & PH's Tomb Raider Olkaira levels within the audio files and the general Great Wall level concept/load screen pic has been lifted straight from 911's 'The Great Egyptian Wall' release, with the latter lazily edited to have Pedro's name over it.

Frankly, I'm appalled that Pedro thought that this was somehow considered OK to release. He should be outright ashamed of himself :furious:

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 20 Dec 2017 09:09

Well, have you watched him on Youtube? Make of it what you will.

Maybe he has the soul of a hip-hop star doing really loads of samplings. But then of course he might have to face a lawsuit here and there...

Talos

Post by Talos » 20 Dec 2017 12:02

I can tell you that this user contacted me on Facebook asking me to help him in "his" Cakeworld 2... I told him he was a thief, and he tried to justify himself by saying that DJ had given him permission.

I had entered the screenshots of the chat of FB on the TRLE group and a screenshot from Pedro's FB profile...

Marksdad
Mod
Mod

Post by Marksdad » 20 Dec 2017 12:45

@MagPlus,
I would strongly suggest that you contact Michael (or alert him to this thread);put your views across,and see if it's possible for him to remove the level in question from the Index.
It's all very well to hope that players might punish Pedro with low scores and condemnatory reviews;but there may be some who, unfamiliar with your original work,might very well praise and reward him with high scores.

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 20 Dec 2017 14:20

Well, I can only agree with the points made, and in the old days when I played levels more actively myself, I might have caught this even before the actual release.

Having said that, I am fine removing the level, IF you strongly feel this should be done, Pascal, but on the other hand, I would rather leave it be as an example of what should NOT be done, as you can already see the initial reviews giving the builder the credit he deserves, ie very little to none, for this "work".

Mulf

Post by Mulf » 20 Dec 2017 14:44

MichaelP wrote:
20 Dec 2017 14:20
Having said that, I am fine removing the level, IF you strongly feel this should be done, Pascal, but on the other hand, I would rather leave it
Oh, come on. That’s just the completist speaking. We all know you’re better than that. :)

Mr XY

Post by Mr XY » 20 Dec 2017 15:10

The feedback to his first level hasn't stopped him doing this. Chances are high he will release more of these abominations.

MagPlus

Post by MagPlus » 20 Dec 2017 15:57

As I said, I provided sources which means that everyone can use them to create his/her own level. Everyone is free to use the textures, Wad, audios and PRJ. I also agree that everyone is free to release a level that is a remake of another one. But in this case, at least, it should be said somewhere "IT IS A REMAKE OF", well I think so.
Ceamonks890 wrote:
20 Dec 2017 03:00
And its not just MagPlus that Pedro actively stole stuff from either. There's voiceover files from Max's Ancient Artifact II & PH's Tomb Raider Olkaira levels within the audio files and the general Great Wall level concept/load screen pic has been lifted straight from 911's 'The Great Egyptian Wall' release, with the latter lazily edited to have Pedro's name over it.
I didn't know that because I didn't play these levels. But, why am I not surprised ?
Talos wrote:
20 Dec 2017 12:02
... and he tried to justify himself by saying that DJ had given him permission.
After reading DJ's review for the level, I believe you ;) And I'm wondering if this review is ironic or really objective.
Mr XY wrote:
20 Dec 2017 15:10
The feedback to his first level hasn't stopped him doing this. Chances are high he will release more of these abominations.
I know and totally agree with you. It reminds me another "troll" in a not so distant past
Marksdad wrote:
20 Dec 2017 12:45
but there may be some who, unfamiliar with your original work,might very well praise and reward him with high scores.
I checked and saw that DJ didn't review Egyptian dream. So, may be he's one of the players you mention ;)
MichaelP wrote:
20 Dec 2017 14:20
Having said that, I am fine removing the level, IF you strongly feel this should be done, Pascal, but on the other hand, I would rather leave it be as an example of what should NOT be done, as you can already see the initial reviews giving the builder the credit he deserves, ie very little to none, for this "work".
I'm not used to tell people what to do, especialy in this case. That's why I simply alerted people on this forum. Yet, if removing the level could make him understand what not to do in the future, it could be a good solution. So it's up to you.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 20 Dec 2017 16:55

I'll use the walkthrough I wrote for Egyptian Dream - Tutorial and see how efficiently it takes me through this "remake." I note in passing that Pascal's level consists of a frugal 28.20 MB, whereas the "remake" takes up 175 MB. I assume this is attributable to sound file bloat.

Die Basis

Post by Die Basis » 20 Dec 2017 17:03

This guy gets more attention than I have ever had with my levels.

It seems that throwing rubbish into the trle community makes you kind of famous. :hammer:

Talos

Post by Talos » 20 Dec 2017 17:13

Die Basis wrote:
20 Dec 2017 17:03
This guy gets more attention than I have ever had with my levels.

It seems that throwing rubbish into the trle community makes you kind of famous. :hammer:
I agree... I banned him on FB after insulting him due to the attribution of paternity of Cakeworld. I wanted to slap him with rage. :beadyeyes2: :beadyeyes2:
It should be banned for me. I won't hide it, but these little trolls have gotten tired. :beadyeyes2:

MagPlus

Post by MagPlus » 20 Dec 2017 17:17

Phil wrote:
20 Dec 2017 16:55
I'll use the walkthrough I wrote for Egyptian Dream - Tutorial and see how efficiently it takes me through this "remake." I note in passing that Pascal's level consists of a frugal 28.20 MB, whereas the "remake" takes up 175 MB. I assume this is attributable to sound file bloat.
You will see that you can finish the level w/o collecting all the items, and you'll also see that he thrown many items that are not usable, because I presume he didn't know how to use them XD
He surely learned the tutorial, especialy how to ruin each puzzle and gameplay ^^
Indeed, the audio directory is provided with all the musics from trle plus some ogg. That's why the level is sooo heavy