Kaslerka's Lara Croft and the Tomb of the Gods won't install

questions/comments/screenshots

Moderator: Gerty

Ceamonks890

Kaslerka's Lara Croft and the Tomb of the Gods won't install

Post by Ceamonks890 » 05 Jul 2017 07:57

Hi guys. For some reason, the custom installer for Lara Croft and the Tomb of the Gods won't function properly on my computer. I click Next twice, select the installation path, the installer seems to get ready... And then, poof. It just immediately shuts off on its own with no files installed to my custom folder whatsoever. I moved it to Desktop, Documents, ran installer as admin etc and yet nothing seems to work.

Now, this confuses me. I was able to install this levelset on the exact same computer back when it originally released last year. So there is really no logical reason for it to act this way(It is nowhere on my computer prior to installation attempts). I even checked installers for official video games and MagPlus's custom Tomb Raider Redemption installer(Those all work perfectly fine). So what could possibly be wrong here?

A shame too as I was actually planning to review this release next. But until the installer itself is fixed, I can't really play the game whatsoever :(

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Kaslerka's Lara Croft and the Tomb of the Gods won't install

Post by vimmers » 05 Jul 2017 14:30

nothing wrong in my end
so it's must be in your end
try to change location on where you install it
in documents e.g
rgs vimmers
hit f5 often in the forum

Ceamonks890

Re: Kaslerka's Lara Croft and the Tomb of the Gods won't install

Post by Ceamonks890 » 06 Jul 2017 02:03

vimmers wrote:
05 Jul 2017 14:30
nothing wrong in my end
so it's must be in your end
try to change location on where you install it
in documents e.g
Tried that. Exact same result. Wonder why it won't work for me :annoyed:

I also tried the version available from Kaslerka's personal website related to this game and it won't work properly either.

EDIT: OK, now the blasted thing decides to function properly after I turn off my internet security and disconnect from the internet. And even after turning them back on, the installer now runs as it should. Incredibly arbitrary for achieving the proper results, but at least I can finally play the game now :beadyeyes: