What would you like to see in a TR custom level?

questions/comments/screenshots

Moderator: Gerty

Mulf

Re: What would you like to see in a TR custom level?

Post by Mulf » 10 Jun 2016 15:29

mugs wrote:I would also like to see some kick, push-pull doors that are closer to 6 clicks when the frame is applied.
I know, right?
Image4.jpg
You'll just have to wait, err...a bit before you can see that in-game. :D

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 10 Jun 2016 15:46

I can be patient! :2thumbsup:
Of doggie candle fame!

Luisa

Post by Luisa » 10 Jun 2016 19:23

DJ Full wrote:If you don't mind time travel then Jerusalem Project has the best ancient city and HyperSquare has the best future one.
Jerusalem Project is a personal favorite of mine. I just love the reconstitution of ancient architecture and etecetera, but when I say I would like to see more believable urban settings I mean modern urban settings :)

Now, something about HyperSquare's scenery just irked me -- I think it's the excess of psychedelic illumination, idk. I didn't get past the first level because of that.
"I'm a dangerous girl, and right now I'm losing patience."

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 13 Jun 2016 14:23

For builders who don't mind pushing the boundaries, I would like to see a custom level based on a certain concept. Possibly a Sonic the Hedgehog style one? Tomb Raider and Sonic the Hedgehog were the two games that I mainly grew up with so this would appeal to me greatly. :)

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 13 Jun 2016 15:56

Luisa wrote:
DJ Full wrote:If you don't mind time travel then Jerusalem Project has the best ancient city and HyperSquare has the best future one.
Jerusalem Project is a personal favorite of mine. I just love the reconstitution of ancient architecture and etecetera, but when I say I would like to see more believable urban settings I mean modern urban settings :)

Now, something about HyperSquare's scenery just irked me -- I think it's the excess of psychedelic illumination, idk. I didn't get past the first level because of that.
sorry to hear that cos you really missed something good
and now you also have a walktrough we didn't have that when we played first time
rgs vimmers
hit f5 often in the forum

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 14 Jun 2016 09:28

I would like to play a custom level that captures the tr1 feeling like the original did. Or at least close to it. Nothing fancy but actually the opposite. Almost no enemies, (Maybe a few bats and a couple of wolves..) not many objects...no background music, really...just the quite eerie feeling of "The Caves" or similar. I Really like the feeling of the tr1 kind of raiding :)
Currently playing: Babylon Is Fallen

Jenni

Post by Jenni » 26 Jun 2016 05:59

Mytly wrote: How about a level set in New Zealand?
Great idea! Though it will probably look something like Middle Earth, but that's ok :)
I may have said this before, but I would like to see something more real. I.e. if there are windows, she can shoot all of them, not just one (or pick up a rock and throw it at the window). I'd like to see Lara behave more human and not confined to fantasy limitations - and if that means that if she's shot once she dies, so be it. It shouldn't take multiple shots to kill someone anyway!

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 26 Jun 2016 14:20

more stealth like in Richard Lawthers Shalebridge Murder Mystery
and trix A TIME ODYSSEY (THE MUSEUM OF FINE ARTS)
rgs vimmers

JoeTheCrazyGamer

Post by JoeTheCrazyGamer » 25 Jul 2016 20:15

When she is running through spikes and glass (or something like that) I'd like to see lara take more damage in her barefoot levels than in her boots levels and if this is possible (which some say it is) For her to have more guns than usual
"I understand that somehow is in my favour, so indulge me about the dagger. I'd be indebted with your life."

scottchu

Post by scottchu » 09 Aug 2016 17:17

I only want to see there'are some very fast new move actions for climbing ladders, crawling in crawlspace. These actions mostly take too much time.
I may get older, but my heart for Lara is always young!
msn: scottchu_tw@hotmail.com
yahoo: scottchu.tw
email: scottchu.tw@gmail.com

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 11 Aug 2016 11:57

Crazyboy124 wrote:When she is running through spikes and glass (or something like that) I'd like to see lara take more damage in her barefoot levels than in her boots levels and if this is possible (which some say it is) For her to have more guns than usual
I think she takes enough damage as it is. :)

I'd like to see level sets where Lara travels the world, as in TR3. I think when Lara visits historical places/times it's also interesting. I would also like all builders to make their levels more balanced, as in not too many enemies (they're mostly a nuisance in TR as it isn't a proper shooter), not too many traps (as too many traps also become a nuisance and may act as a disguise for lack of ideas) and puzzles that all players can actually solve.
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 11 Aug 2016 15:09

Jorge22 wrote:
Crazyboy124 wrote:When she is running through spikes and glass (or something like that) I'd like to see lara take more damage in her barefoot levels than in her boots levels and if this is possible (which some say it is) For her to have more guns than usual
I think she takes enough damage as it is. :)

I'd like to see level sets where Lara travels the world, as in TR3. I think when Lara visits historical places/times it's also interesting. I would also like all builders to make their levels more balanced, as in not too many enemies (they're mostly a nuisance in TR as it isn't a proper shooter), not too many traps (as too many traps also become a nuisance and may act as a disguise for lack of ideas) and puzzles that all players can actually solve.
i like the traps and but i would also prefer less enemies
cos i like to explore the environment
looking after secrets ETC
rgs vimmers

JoeTheCrazyGamer

Post by JoeTheCrazyGamer » 12 Aug 2016 13:10

Jorge22 wrote: I think she takes enough damage as it is. :)
OK I'll rephrase it then. I'd like to see lara take less damage on spikes or glass in levels wearing boots than in the levels where she is barefoot.
"I understand that somehow is in my favour, so indulge me about the dagger. I'd be indebted with your life."

Alfonzo

Post by Alfonzo » 19 Aug 2016 17:09

Hello all.

I just wanted to put in some feedback about this subject. This is more about the technical part of gameplay, take it for what it"s worth.

I like the move that Lara has where she can jump up to the crack in the wall above while she's hanging from a lower point. I also like when she can hang from the crack to look to see what's on the other side and then jump there. And yet another new move that I'd like to see more often is, when Lara can climb directly onto a wall from swimming in a pool of water without the need of the sunken platform.

I would like to see that move Lara has from TR5-Chronicals where she can roll out of a crawl space and directly onto the ground more often. To me it seems silly that; in order to get out of a crawl space, you have to turn her around the full 180 degrees and then use the action key to lower her gently to the ground - each and every time. Didn't they fix this already ??

While on the subject of crawl spaces...

I would also like to see a new move where Lara can climb up into a crawl space without using the crouch key. I recently played "Lara Croft Returns" and found that this was part of the TR3 editor package, but is not present in either TRLE or NGLE. It is something to consider adding to the next revision of NGLE.

scottchu

Post by scottchu » 22 Aug 2016 15:00

vimmers wrote: ...
i like the traps and but i would also prefer less enemies
cos i like to explore the environment
looking after secrets ETC
+1 here :yay: .
I may get older, but my heart for Lara is always young!
msn: scottchu_tw@hotmail.com
yahoo: scottchu.tw
email: scottchu.tw@gmail.com