Mehrbod... Lost Secret of Egypt discussion

questions/comments/screenshots

Moderator: Gerty

Mehrbod

Re: Mehrbod...

Post by Mehrbod » 13 Jan 2020 16:36

Phil wrote:
13 Jan 2020 15:53
I'm sure many of you have already noticed this, but kapil4417037 has done the community a great favor by providing a 25-part video walk on YouTube. His final stats show 64 of 64 trophies awarded, but I see that one of the screen shots on this page shows a total of 65 trophies. Which (if either) is correct?

Anyway, it's now time to be thinking about preparing a written walkthrough. Would someone like to volunteer to do the whole thing, or would it be more feasible to apportion the task among a number of writers?

I haven't downloaded the game yet, so I have no idea if it will even run on my XP machine.
Hi Phil! Thanks for pointing this out.

Actually, the number of videos are 25 by now, but it will go up to 28. This is because the number which the video represents is not the actual level index, but the number part in the playlist which Kapil has created on YouTube. There are yet 3 levels to be completed and the final trophy is located in TLSOE's Temple level. It is worth noting that the game updates the whole secret numbers based on the level, so it means that if Kapil gets to the next level, the number will change to 64/65 and he must find the last trophy available in the whole game.

About writing the walkthrough, well, I can offer you my help, but I'm not quite sure if my writing will seem to be genuine enough to the readers. Also, since it is very long, I need some more time to provide a walkthrough myself, as I'm a bit busy dealing with my school exams. :D

In addition to these, I'm about to publish an update to this game, but it won't really affect the walkthrough (since it is more focused on technical aspects of the game), so that won't be a problem.

Last but not least, I will be grateful to know your further opinion. Thanks. :2thumbsup:

Egypt has many secrets and mysteries yet to be discovered ... :)

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 13 Jan 2020 17:22

Thanks for your input, Mehrbod. Your offer to provide a written walkthrough is appreciated, and you can certainly do that if you wish, but our practice over the years has been not to expect builders to perform this extra work. For a project as large as yours, the job is typically undertaken by different writers who volunteer to take on specified levels until the task is complete (although the indefatigable Dutchy will often do the whole thing by himself, for example Fading Light 2). The posted videos will make the job much easier for all concerned.

Mehrbod

Post by Mehrbod » 13 Jan 2020 19:15

Phil wrote:
13 Jan 2020 17:22
Thanks for your input, Mehrbod. Your offer to provide a written walkthrough is appreciated, and you can certainly do that if you wish, but our practice over the years has been not to expect builders to perform this extra work. For a project as large as yours, the job is typically undertaken by different writers who volunteer to take on specified levels until the task is complete (although the indefatigable Dutchy will often do the whole thing by himself, for example Fading Light 2). The posted videos will make the job much easier for all concerned.
Thanks a lot for your kind words! :2thumbsup:

I can completely understand. I'm glad that the videos are helpful. So, if any of these kind walkthrough contributors wanted to know more information about something, I will be extremely grateful to offer my help at its most.

Have a very nice day. :)

veronia

Post by veronia » 15 Jan 2020 01:16

He hasn't done the final battle yet, which I'm in but I don't see any 'statues' to start shooting. Just a dragon head I pulverized, but the main dude won't get weaker.. weird
yaoza.

Mehrbod

Post by Mehrbod » 15 Jan 2020 04:54

^ PM Sent.
Last edited by Mehrbod on 15 Jan 2020 15:12, edited 1 time in total.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 15 Jan 2020 11:43

Mehrbod it's not a stuck thread
if people need help please say to them that they shall use
or search the stuck forum
all other problems or suggestions are ok to answer
or else it's being confusing

Mehrbod

Post by Mehrbod » 15 Jan 2020 15:11

vimmers wrote:
15 Jan 2020 11:43
Mehrbod it's not a stuck thread
if people need help please say to them that they shall use
or search the stuck forum
all other problems or suggestions are ok to answer
or else it's being confusing
OK! Thanks for mentioning.

veronia

Post by veronia » 15 Jan 2020 16:05

Uh.. vimmers just wants to be the cop again. I was replying mainly about kapil4417037's 26 part video walkthrough on this game (he completed it 2 hours ago). I just mentioned about my game, god forbid, there the cop was again. :roll:
yaoza.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 16 Jan 2020 07:18

veronia wrote:
15 Jan 2020 16:05
Uh.. vimmers just wants to be the cop again. I was replying mainly about kapil4417037's 26 part video walkthrough on this game (he completed it 2 hours ago). I just mentioned about my game, god forbid, there the cop was again. :roll:
i am **** don't care about u call me a cop
i just don't wanna report an issue to the mods every time

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 16 Jan 2020 13:44

And do you seriously believe that this is an "issue" that the mods will care or do anything about? Like this off-topic post, for example?

The mods are perfectly capable of monitoring this site. They don't need your help in the reporting of perceived violations.

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Post by Gerty » 16 Jan 2020 18:01

veronia wrote:
15 Jan 2020 16:05
It is so easy to delete your post but I find that childish and you should know better veronia, we are not in a kindergarten. It also did read as a "being stuck" post.
I for one am glad that vimmers is around and just a tad childish to call him a cop while the fault is at your end.
Oops, I did it again... Image

Mehrbod

Post by Mehrbod » 17 Jan 2020 10:26

THE LOST SECRET OF EGYPT
Update 2020

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Some major changes will affect the game after copying these files, and it is strongly suggested if you are in the middle of the adventure and you are already doing well with the game, do not update it. Otherwise, you might need to start all over again. You can still decide to continue from a save game or checkpoint made by the previous game version, but unstable results may be brought out, such as losing money, setting the difficulty to the easiest mode automatically, problems in buying ammo, etc.

This update brings some new features to the game, for easier gameplay and better character controlling. The list of the new capabilities and amendments is as follows:

--- Fixed some sound issues related to Kurtis (1st and 2nd) level. (Thanks to Dutchy)
--- Circular menu is loaded 5 seconds faster. (Thanks Teone)
--- Added LOAD GAME Entry to the circular menu. (Thanks Teone)
--- You are now able to customize controls, such as buying ammunition, displaying statistics and etc. via Main Menu -> GAME OPTIONS -> Enable Custom Controls -> Control Configuration. Select each available entry and then assign a new key by pressing a button on your keyboard.
--- Added "Player Tailoring"! You can now configure options such as disabling/enabling Automatic Grabbing feature for people who struggle to press "/" each time they want the character to release the edge, disabling/enabling Checkpoints, and Interactables Warning (Hand Icon). Access this menu via Main Menu -> GAME OPTIONS -> Player Tailoring.
--- Fixed bugs related to checkpoints. (Special thanks to Teone, nad and Sylwia.)
--- Fixed localization errors (some strings were missing in Spanish language, etc.)
--- Fixed texture and object errors.
--- Fixed minor bugs and issues.
--- Ability to skip tiresome tutorial levels now from Player Tailoring menu!

LINK: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_mFrQ ... BIDM6-x49V

Simply extract this ZIP file and copy and paste the files over the original ones inside the game's root directory.

Hope this update brings the best comfort to the players.

Notice: This will be the very last amendment made to this game, and I officially announce the end of support to this project, due to some personal reasons (busy studying at school, several exams, etc.). Whoever is interested can download and use this update, and whoever likes to use the previous version of this game, there are no problems with that of course.
Thanks a lot for your endless support with this project and sorry if I failed at bringing you the best out of this debut.
Your patience up to this moment is highly appreciated. :)
The walkthrough will be written by me and will be provided later. For now, you can have the best visual guidance via YouTube! :D
Good luck.

Teone

Post by Teone » 17 Jan 2020 16:33

Very good! :2thumbsup:
I hope the update package will appear also in the game info page, one of these days.

One more thing @Gerty
I wonder if this thread shouldn't be renamed with a more appropriate title. It's to you decide.

Mehrbod

Post by Mehrbod » 17 Jan 2020 16:47

Teone wrote:
17 Jan 2020 16:33
Very good! :2thumbsup:
I hope the update package will appear also in the game info page, one of these days.

One more thing @Gerty
I wonder if this thread shouldn't be renamed with a more appropriate title. It's to you decide.
Of course!
In a few days time, I will provide Mr. Prager with the new package, because this one is only for players who already have the older version of the game. :2thumbsup:

And yes... if that's a feasible idea, will a kind moderator change the name to something like: "TLSOE: Discussion"? Or whatever you decide! :D

nad

Post by nad » 17 Jan 2020 22:10

I finally did it. But I had to restart, because I realized in the middle of the game that I was playing the light version (it was to easy :-o ). So I ended the game and restarted it in the hard version. And I must say that I have not regretted it, because it has developed into a particularly interesting level. That was something completely new.
You have to be very careful how you use the acquired money, because the counter knows no mercy.
All in all a very successful start into the world of Tomb Raider.
This is definitely one of the most outstanding level this year.
:2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:
Thanks Mehrbold for this extraordinary adventure.
And it will be continued .. :D :D :D
FINAL.jpg
Last edited by nad on 19 Jan 2020 08:27, edited 1 time in total.