TR3 - levyhgb - Tomb Raider: North Pole Adventure - The Arctic

stuck in a level/unofficial level editor

Moderators: QRS, Gerty

ultraXgiotr99

Re: TR3 - levyhgb - Tomb Raider: North Pole Adventure - The Arctic

Post by ultraXgiotr99 » 26 Sep 2019 13:55

What ? Which enemy ? I kill every pistol guy.
One with fire drops the machine key but I try to kill other ones (not everyone) but they hadn't nothing :bomb:

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 26 Sep 2019 15:49

I've been asleep (it is almost dawn here), or I would have responded sooner.

The 4 keys are:
SpoilerShow
1. In empty storage room on ledge in wooden building where access to the ship is high above.
2. In the same building after using the second crowbar door and going down the ramp, it is in a corridor with a moving wall screw.
3. Dropped by a flamethrower after killing him in the room with the burning cans and trapdoor to the water area leading to the keyhole room hut.
4. At the end of the corridor behind the exit grate in the area after the second bridge doors.

ultraXgiotr99

Post by ultraXgiotr99 » 26 Sep 2019 17:08

Oh great news... I can't return in that area so for the second time I must replay a part of game :lol: :bomb:

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 26 Sep 2019 19:12

You can return to that area by the long backtrack route via the mine cart track (that is what I had to do for getting the fourth key). Just reset the switches for the moving bridge to move it and raise the water level on the return. You should not have to replay what you did.

nad

Post by nad » 28 Sep 2019 00:42

Okay, I made it with two secrets. But look at the pictures. With an old save game (in the first attempt I took the path after the slope and not the path to the ship), I made it to the point where you have to use the keys (only 3), but on the way back (for the 4. key), the lever was gone (not really a problem because you can jump from the ship on the raised platforms) but even worse, the platform was gone. So I had to play the game again from the beginning.
Bad game :beadyeyes2: :beadyeyes2:
Attachments
4.jpg
3-a.jpg

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 28 Sep 2019 14:06

Nad, I don't think anyone else would encounter this bug. It seems to be a random byte error in your gameplay by some action you took. This is because I am confused as to how you say you got to the hut area where the keys for the mine track door are used without going to the ship.

The game is structured that it is not possible to get to the four keyhole hut area without going to the ship. The bridge doors are only opened by a switch in the high cliff cave which can only be accessed by raising the water platform near the ship by a switch on the ship, and opening the door to the high cave by a switch on the ship. Also, the area below the mine track which leads to the hut with the 4 keyholes has no water for swimming until a switch after the bridge doors is used.

I had originally played this game as you did by not going to the ship and got stuck because the bridge doors were closed. I then went back to an earlier save in the building with the second crowbar door and went up to the top to get to ship and played the rest of the game.

Now, I just tested from an old abandoned savegame at the bridge area (where I had not been on the ship) by swimming to the ice ledges to the building and going up to get to the ship, etc. This process requires the use of 2 LMPs to swim (or saving/reloading the game in the water to avoid using medipacks). I never encountered your missing platform or lever. The one difference could be that maybe you never opened the doors to the roof of the building at the rafters in your buggy gameplay before going down the slope to the bridge area. I had opened the way to the roof in my original gameplay before going in the second crowbar door.

In any case, I doubt the actual game is buggy. I think it is one of those unusual bugs caused by player actions (in your case) that can not be replicated, or by illegal moves like the one in "Very Bad Grund" where the window has an invisible wall if cheat moves are activated. Most players at one time have encountered these "gremlin" bugs in some good level that are not the builder's fault.

nad

Post by nad » 28 Sep 2019 14:27

I do not know what I did in the game, but the missing lever was already gone when I played the route on the ship with an old save. Then on the second try, both the level and the platform were gone.
When I played the game again from the beginning, everything was ok.
As a precaution, I had deleted the old saves. I think the bug was born to take routes that were not so thought.
Even at the levelbase some players took the wrong route and had no problems finishing the game.
Maybe I played the game with the wrong fingers :lol:

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 29 Sep 2019 15:51

I'm in the exact same spot where the thread starts, I've been there for quite a while and there's nothing I can do except for getting a large medipack.

I took a look at the last part of a video (with different doors too) and there were platforms before the ship (here the platforms are down), the button moved the platform in the nearby frozen water area (it doesn't do anything in my game) and the door inside the ship was open (closed in my game). Ok, but the problem is I don't think I can get back anywhere to fix whatever I may have skipped doing, so I'm totally trapped.

I'm about to give up. Would anybody agree that this is bad design?

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 29 Sep 2019 18:32

no i don't agree about bad design
you can try to dive down in the water almost in front of
the ship are a hole
but i am not sure about it's open
i didn't test it when i was stuck
if not only way are to reload to before you slide down at the second crowbar door

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 29 Sep 2019 18:51

You can continue the game from this point without cheating.

1. You should swim back to where the gate is that leads to the ice path going to the building. You do not have to use medipacks if you save before the blue line runs out and immediately reload that save. Keep doing that until you can climb out at the water near that gate. There is a way to climb out on the ice next to the ship where 2 packs are used, but it is tricky to swim up and you may not see the ledge. And then you would run along the ice paths and make a final swim to that gate that does not need medipacks. Thus, no one needed to get stuck as at the start of the thread. The game was built fair.

2. Go to the top of the building from the inside rafters and climb on the cliff to jump to the ship and do everything there (see previous threads for advice).

This is a challenging, but enjoyable, game. It is not easy like "A Very Bad Grund".

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 29 Sep 2019 23:47

Will someone please get me this large med kit?
savegame.0
(13.59 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 30 Sep 2019 01:08

Suzanne, here you go.
You could easily have gotten it yourself by going left around the pool and over the blocks and jumping down to the LMP.

But as a bonus I got you the 2 LMPs in the water under the ice nearby.
savegame.4
(13.59 KiB) Downloaded 15 times

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 30 Sep 2019 01:18

You da Man!

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 30 Sep 2019 02:13

OK,,,, This freezing water is ridiculous I just don't know how anyone got thru it! It is too fast to kill you. Any one want to help, or I'm going to have to bin this level. There is no time to get through it!
savegame.0
(13.59 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Good night :(
Attachments
savegame.0
(13.59 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 30 Sep 2019 05:04

here you go dear