Raider Croft - The Dream

stuck in a level/unofficial level editor

Moderator: QRS

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Raider Croft - The Dream

Post by Treeble » 24 Jul 2017 23:10

Not so much a stuck thread but rather a query. There seems to be a problem going on and I'm not sure how to fix this (if it's at all possible)... Reviews suggest it's not just on my end, so I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas?

The level worked just fine when I wrote the walkthrough, a lifetime ago.

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Raider Croft - The Dream

Post by Ryan » 24 Jul 2017 23:35

I encountered the same issue when I played and reviewed the level a few months ago and I never found out how to fix it, so I just played the level as is. A similar problem occurred during a TR3 epic that I'm playing now (the Crystal of Life) but closing and reopening the game fixed that. I don't think it would work for this level though.

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: Raider Croft - The Dream

Post by Treeble » 25 Jul 2017 22:50

Yeah, I've experienced myself that issue rather often with the TR3 engine, both with the official game and custom levels.

I might have discovered something here... I tried different executables, including the one I had archived for TR5 custom levels since the dawn of days, but to no avail. Most didn't even start, and the ones which did were no different. So I decided to mess with the -setup settings.

I first tried a "retro" setup (640x480 16 bit) and it worked, so I figured the problem might have been somewhere in between. Apparently the issue lies within Texture Depth, so I managed to get this running properly at "1600x900 32bit" but with a 16-bit Texture Depth. I have no idea whatever this means, but it seems to be working fine.

And I'd thought TR1 custom levels were going to be the only touchy ones lol. :hammer: