TR AOD2 - The Lost Dominion

stuck in a level/unofficial level editor

Moderator: QRS

Level NextGen

TR AOD2 - The Lost Dominion

Post by Level NextGen » 04 Nov 2016 00:20

http://thelostdominion.popzelife.me

About the project
Since the beginning of this project 3 years has gone and the team is not the same. Some have left, some have joined… Creating a continuation of Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness is huge amount of work, especially when dealing with the storyboard. Most of the real hard work was to achieve a convincing and realistic story telling with new elements without altering the true spirit of AoD.

In fact, as you might all know Tomb Raider – The Angel of Darkness storyline was cut a lot and some plots totally disappeared in the released version, including characters and locations (because of deadline priorities). The game released as-is forced the team to totally rethink the main plot, trying to fill the plot-holes left by AoD and also trying to bring a new key element that fit the AoD atmosphere. We wanted The Lost Dominion to be a continuation of Tomb Raider IV – The Last Revelation. We may have stopped counting the number of versions we have made for the storyline and the hours of talks on Skype or Slack we all had.

Today we developed a huge set of web tool to organize our work, going from private forums to private cloud and dashboard. All this dealing with our real life priorities. A real reshaping of the team effort was needed. Behind only creating an unique adventure we are also maintaining a team effort that need organization. ;)

You can check our website and follow our blogpost for more updates.

TLD Engine
Setting an engine for TRLE that fit the AoD gameplay needed an entire reshape of the TRLE mechanics. More than words lets show us a Beta preview of all that was done:
Youtube Video
Since this video was recorded we have fixed few things but it mostly shows how our old TRLE has been turned in an AOD engine, with new animation and settings.

The grip bar comes back but it won't be used as the same as in AOD. Lara can choose a direction when she slides on a slope. The flare is now an electric torch working with piles. A climbeable leader system has been created along with a manually open door made by Apofyse a long time ago. And we implement connection between parallel bar and siderope. There also some new items we'll investigate at a later time. Unfortunately we had a new swimming animation we just forget to put into stage here (the animations weren't updated).

Next time we'll show you the upgrade system being still in work.

Level Assets
We only started to build levels this year and for now we are working on 3 levels, so these screenshots are still WIP:
  • Egypt Underworld
ImageImage
  • German Backstreets
ImageImage
  • Cennet Monastery - Turkey
ImageImage

Contest:
For our first contest look at this post or click the image to read our blog post.

Team Members:
Here is the list of permanent or core members and time to time members. If you are in the list it means you helped us at one moment. PM me if I forget you or if you do not wish to be in this list.

Storyboard Writers:
Quentin Frémeaux aka Level NextGen
Nathan Hurley aka HURLEYstickmen
Jake Whitmarsh aka Ceamonks890
Przemysław Kochański aka Caesum

Level Builders:
Przemysław Kochański aka Caesum

Object Builders:
Ben Kettleborough aka benkb

Zoltán Berei aka Zolee
Dylan Forrest aka Thor2010
New Dwight
Titak
LGG_PRODUCTION

Music Compositors:
Adamm Khuevrr aka adammbommb
Thomas Kobialka aka tomekkobialka

Voice Acting:
.:Tirivol:.

Animators:
Krystian
Joey Quint aka Joey79100

Scripting:
Joey Quint aka Joey79100
Elio Qoshi aka Lara's Boyfriend
Krystian

AkyV
Last edited by Level NextGen on 04 Nov 2016 00:24, edited 1 time in total.
Signature under the property of CIA ;)

Level NextGen

Re: TR AOD2 - The Lost Dominion

Post by Level NextGen » 04 Nov 2016 00:23

Sorry for the double post it's easier for me to organize the thread with this post being separated.

I must admit I'm in late, because I wanted to make a special event for Halloween and TLD. You can participate to our first Contest - the special Egyptian "Trick or Treat". If the idea is a success, I will set a deadline very soon. I'm going for a one month deadline max!
We will invite you to join our Egyptian “Trick or Treat”. Help us to create an unique content or resource for The Lost Dominion game.

Quest & Theme:
Lara is beneath the Great Pyramid just after the events of Tomb Raider The Last Revelation. She is trying to find her way in a ancient maze among ruins. Her sight is blurred by dust and she barely notices shadows following her. Is she dreaming or is she awaken… maybe it’s just a nightmare!
Imagine the best puzzle or trap that could suit an uncharted underworld in an Egyptian pyramid. Use your knowledge about the Egyptian mythology to impress us and provide to TLD an amazing gameplay mechanic.
You can participate here by replying to this thread.

Winner & Price:
The winner will have its own creation included in the Egyptian Underworld level, he will be also included in the beta testers list later in the making process. Soon after the end of the contest the team will also update our showcase with now screenshots of the Egyptian Underworld.
If there are more than one impressive commit, we might also accept up to three winners

Submit & Rating:
We accept UV mapped objects (meta2tr) as long as they do not exceed a big amount of unique textures and vertices. You can create a TRLE map to demonstrate your concept - actually it's better. You are allowed to make more than one object - it's more about a gameplay concept than a stand alone object.
We will rate the quality of the object but also the quality of the concept, separately. One submit can have up to 2 authors if you decide to co-op with someone. And you are limited by two submit per person (including co-op submit).

Credit:
The amazing soundtrack played in this blog post was made by Thomas Kobialka for the TLD game and the featured image is taken from morcegan artwork
Signature under the property of CIA ;)

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: TR AOD2 - The Lost Dominion

Post by vimmers » 04 Nov 2016 05:27

good to see that lara can go from a swingpole to a tightrope now :2thumbsup:
rgs vimmers
hit f5 often in the forum