Problems with Thames Wharf Remake

stuck in a level/unofficial level editor

Moderator: QRS

HD86

Problems with Thames Wharf Remake

Post by HD86 » 05 Aug 2016 21:08

Hello,

I am the builder of this level. I am now thinking of making a sequel and a revised version of the first level. I understand from the reviews that players hated the Save Game Crystals, and some wanted more ammo, but I do not understand statements like "There were really odd physics and mechanics throughout that didn't make sense and even caused me to unfairly die at a lot of moments." I would like to hear more details about those odd physics and mechanics.

If you played the level and found specific problems, please tell me about them here. It will be great if you can make a detailed report of bugs and problems you found in the level and send it to me as a private message. If you do that I will include your name in the credits of the level as a tester.

ultraXgiotr99

Re: Problems with Thames Wharf Remake

Post by ultraXgiotr99 » 05 Aug 2016 21:32

Hello :) I played and finished your amazing level in hard mode with more time and attention but I could finish it with crystals ammos and the 7 secrets. I have found a strange bug at the end when i pick up the last secret and i must fight the last two enemies all the weapons didn't work though I have ammo...luckily I have had the rockets ammo yet and I had to use it to finish the the level...I don't know what happened :?

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 05 Aug 2016 21:46

i think the save crystals was ok
but i think there shall be more
and unlimited pistols ammo
rgs vimmers
hit f5 often in the forum

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Post by Gerty » 05 Aug 2016 21:51

Personally I hate save crystals so right away I threw the level in the bin when I found out.
There are some levels that you can choose, either the save crystals or the normal save.
But for now... not playing it.
Oops, I did it again... Image

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 05 Aug 2016 22:39

I haven't even downloaded the level yet; the lack of limited saving puts me off. I know some raiders may warm to the idea of only saving in certain spots, or having limited saves at your disposal, but it's not for me. One of the upsides for the Tomb Raider series is unlimited saving (at least on the PC version) and that is one of the things that attracted me to it.

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 05 Aug 2016 22:43

I believe some of the animations were screwed up in terms of speed. It's been a while since I looked at this level, so my memory is faded, but I think certain animations moved a bit faster than normal, as if the framerate were changed. I know some of the jump animations and crawl animations were effected. It might not sound like much, but this could really throw off players who are used to the normal motions, especially if they aren't conscious of what the exact difference is.

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 05 Aug 2016 22:53

I might have a look at this level one day and compare it to the TR3 original and see what's changed in terms of gameplay and if it seems that the save spots are fairly spaced and the gameplay is fair to the player, then maybe I will stick it out, but until then...

HD86

Post by HD86 » 06 Aug 2016 18:39

ultraXgiotr99 wrote:Hello :) I played and finished your amazing level in hard mode with more time and attention but I could finish it with crystals ammos and the 7 secrets. I have found a strange bug at the end when i pick up the last secret and i must fight the last two enemies all the weapons didn't work though I have ammo...luckily I have had the rockets ammo yet and I had to use it to finish the the level...I don't know what happened :?
I am glad you liked it. I have fixed that bug in the 2nd release which is currently available on trle.net.

HD86

Post by HD86 » 06 Aug 2016 18:45

vimmers wrote:i think the save crystals was ok
but i think there shall be more
and unlimited pistols ammo
In the future I will make it possible to use every save crystal twice, and the player will automatically get some pistol ammo when they run out.

HD86

Post by HD86 » 06 Aug 2016 18:55

JesseG wrote:I believe some of the animations were screwed up in terms of speed. It's been a while since I looked at this level, so my memory is faded, but I think certain animations moved a bit faster than normal, as if the framerate were changed. I know some of the jump animations and crawl animations were effected. It might not sound like much, but this could really throw off players who are used to the normal motions, especially if they aren't conscious of what the exact difference is.
I have not changed any frame rates. I only added new crawl animations that did not exist in the original game. If the problem really exists try to capture it on video and show it to me, please. Thanks in advance.

HD86

Post by HD86 » 06 Aug 2016 18:57

Ryan wrote:I might have a look at this level one day and compare it to the TR3 original and see what's changed in terms of gameplay and if it seems that the save spots are fairly spaced and the gameplay is fair to the player, then maybe I will stick it out, but until then...
If you play it, please consider making a report of all the problems you find. Thanks.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 28 Oct 2016 16:04

I quit early in the level as soon as I understood what it was about. I mean, having to restart the game all the time from wherever the last crystal was is no fun for me.

But I understand you're not making your levels specifically for me, so I guess... stick with what you believe. :)
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."