Wrong updated version of SARIKMAN-POSEIDON'S SANCTUM

stuck in a level/unofficial level editor

Moderators: QRS, Gerty

Sarikman

Wrong updated version of SARIKMAN-POSEIDON'S SANCTUM

Post by Sarikman » 21 Nov 2011 10:47

In 19 of November I sent an updated version of the levelset, but one file was misplaced. I sent the correct one and now I am waiting till it is uploaded. This wrong verion makes Lara start the last level from wrong staring point. I am so sorry. If you have downloaded this version, I am pretty sure that if you keep your savegames from the previous levels, it will work fine. If you are already at the last level, I can even sent you a savegame, just before the end of the third level. I am sorry again...

Sarikman

Re: Wrong updated version of SARIKMAN-POSEIDON'S SANCTUM

Post by Sarikman » 21 Nov 2011 23:49

The new version is uploaded. Now everything works fine. If you have the old one (from 19th of November till 21st) just download the new and place your savegames in game's folder. It will load them with no problem. If you don't want to do that, I can send you just the last level 6MB and replace it in game's data folder. If you don't want to do any of these solutions, you can just quit the game. I will understand. Thanks for playing...

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 23 Nov 2011 16:03

I'm in the Hidden Sanctum, having just completed the fire/block/timed run and entered the water (lara is swimming toward the first turn to the right). My game is freezing up in the same spot each time I try and play it. I am using the most recent download. is this the area that was giving you trouble ? has anyone else had trouble here ?
Of doggie candle fame!

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 23 Nov 2011 17:51

ok NM - I tried saving in a different spot and that "broke the spell".
Of doggie candle fame!

Sarikman

Post by Sarikman » 23 Nov 2011 17:55

mugs wrote:ok NM - I tried saving in a different spot and that "broke the spell".
That may sometimes happen in TR3 when you are using alternate rooms. I don't know the reason. As it may happen to save your progress in front of a fire and when you load your game, the fire would be off. This was happening very often in Aldwych level.

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 23 Nov 2011 17:57

thank you Zachos - I'm really enjoying your game!
Of doggie candle fame!

dmdibl

Post by dmdibl » 23 Nov 2011 18:41

Yes, same thing with me, freeze screen, same spot as Mugs.

I am replaying the game, have completed the first three levels. It is actually more fun the second time, because now I can more leisurely appreciate play, anticipate when the exciting parts are coming up. In last level played the timed fire pillar run. Then Lara dives down into water, swims forward, and at the first right turn (as with Mugs) the screen freezes. I was able to quit, reload, and swim slowly forward and now there are no problems, Lara goes through fine.

Maybe go slowly at that point?

Sarikman

Post by Sarikman » 23 Nov 2011 23:40

mugs wrote:thank you Zachos - I'm really enjoying your game!
Thank you... It is very nice to read that.

Blue43

Post by Blue43 » 24 Nov 2011 01:43

dmdibl wrote:Yes, same thing with me, freeze screen, same spot as Mugs.
Same here. It happened on the way in and also on the way out. Same exact spot. Luckily the save game was right in front of the water so after several more attempts she went by just fine. Never figured out what I did to finally make it work.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Sarikman

Post by Sarikman » 24 Nov 2011 11:49

Blue43 wrote:
dmdibl wrote:Yes, same thing with me, freeze screen, same spot as Mugs.
Same here. It happened on the way in and also on the way out. Same exact spot. Luckily the save game was right in front of the water so after several more attempts she went by just fine. Never figured out what I did to finally make it work.
Neither do I. It happend only once to me and it never happend again, so I thought it was something that happend just once by accident, but now I see it happens ocasionally. I don't know why is this happening to you. In my ocasion didn't happen again.

dmdibl

Post by dmdibl » 27 Nov 2011 20:24

I am finishing a walkthrough for this adventure.

During this I experimented with the screen freeze when Lara makes the first right turn in the water. This is what I found.

Lara does the fire pillar timed run. She returns and jumps into the water. She swims down to the depths. At this point players save the game in a new slot, then immediately reload that save game (i.e. restore the game when Lara is in the water). After this there was never any problem with Lara swimming forward through the tunnel.

Sarikman

Post by Sarikman » 27 Nov 2011 20:43

dmdibl wrote:I am finishing a walkthrough for this adventure.

During this I experimented with the screen freeze when Lara makes the first right turn in the water. This is what I found.

Lara does the fire pillar timed run. She returns and jumps into the water. She swims down to the depths. At this point players save the game in a new slot, then immediately reload that save game (i.e. restore the game when Lara is in the water). After this there was never any problem with Lara swimming forward through the tunnel.
Maybe this is fixxing the bug. I usually save my game before get into that hole with water and I never face that bug. I think that saving is good. I don't know if the player has to load that savegame again in order not to face the bug, but it could be a solution. I think that something which triggers the bug is when Lara is swimming (before turning right) close to the walls. I am gonna check it out more and will tell you more in few minutes.