SARIKMAN-POSEIDON'S SANCTUM

stuck in a level/unofficial level editor

Moderator: QRS

Sarikman

Re: SARIKMAN-POSEIDON'S SANCTUM

Post by Sarikman » 21 Nov 2011 22:45

Christian wrote:I'm in the dungeons under the church in a room with 3 pushables on 3 levels. I arranged them so. that I could push the highest one in to the wall, but it's blocked. What went wrong? The door at the ground level ist still closed.

Edit: The mentioned arrangement of the pushables is for a secret only. Found the switch one floor up.
I see you have found it yourself. I must say that if you downloaded the game from 19th of this month till today just 3 hours ago, then you should have a wrong version of the game. Now it is replaced with the right one, so, if you did then you will have to download the new version or the last level will start from wrong point. Sorry about that. There was a complex with the files. You can keep your savegames and just put them in the folder of the new version. I think it will load them by having no problem. Or if you don't want to downloa the game again (it is pretty large, 160 MB) i can send you just the file of the last level which isn't bigger than 6MB and replace it in game's data folder. I am so sorry again for this mistake.

Sarikman

Post by Sarikman » 21 Nov 2011 22:49

The new version is uploaded. Now everything works fine. If you have the old one (from 19th of November till 21st) just download the new and place your savegames in game's folder. It will load them with no problem. If you don't want to do that, I can send you just the last level 6MB and replace it in game's data folder. If you don't want to do any of these solutions, you can just quit the game. I will understand. Thanks for playing...

Mazeh

Post by Mazeh » 22 Nov 2011 14:15

I am stuck at the block puzzle and didn't find any switch in the second floor. I downloaded the game the day before yesterday, 11/20. As I am loving the game (many thanks, Sarikman), and don't want to download it again, I will accept the offer of a savegame, if it is possible... :)

Sarikman

Post by Sarikman » 22 Nov 2011 14:51

Mazeh wrote:I am stuck at the block puzzle and didn't find any switch in the second floor. I downloaded the game the day before yesterday, 11/20. As I am loving the game (many thanks, Sarikman), and don't want to download it again, I will accept the offer of a savegame, if it is possible... :)
Well, you must be in a room with three pushables and some flames around, right? As you are getting into this room, just go to the far left corner and look up. You will see that there is a ledge. You have to push the two lower blocks so you will be able to reach it. The third pushable is used to take a secret. You have to move them again, so Lara will be able to push that from the other side of the room, which she isn't still able to go. As for the savegame, just send me in a PM your email and I will send you the right file for the last level. All you will have to do is to put that file in a folder named data. It will ask you to replace it or not. Choose yes. When the level you are right now will end, it will load the next level with no problem. So, you will not need a new savegame. You will be able to continue with your savegames.
The file won't be bigger than 6MB so it will be easy to get it.

Mazeh

Post by Mazeh » 22 Nov 2011 16:01

Thank you, Sarikman! I wrote "savegame", but I should have written "level", or something like that.

Yes, I must be in the three pushables room, the problem is that I only found TWO pushables in the ground level. I found two pushables more upstairs, after opening a door, and couldn't open the other door or find out what those two upstairs blocks were for. As to a ceiling opening, I found one beyond the opened door in a corner, and Lara could jump and grab the ledge upstairs without using the blocks. This opening led to a place between the two upstairs blocks. So is there another opening? I will look for it, and will look also for the third block.

My email is: maryjosey@yahoo.com. Congragulations for your very nice game and many thanks.

dmdibl

Post by dmdibl » 22 Nov 2011 16:23

The two blocks downstairs open the door to continue. The side door is opened if you figure out the obscure puzzle of where really to place those two blocks. That is only for a secret weapon. So don't worry about it.

The push blocks on the upstairs level have climbable faces, which is why the markings on their sides. Lara can go around to the right and climb upstairs. Lara has to get a block into that opening between them that you say she climbed up into. That is, find a way to get the block on the right (looking up from below) one square over into that opening. Then when Lara is back down below and jumps to climb up she will grab the face of the block and continue to climb up higher onto a ladder and she can proceed.
Last edited by dmdibl on 22 Nov 2011 17:06, edited 1 time in total.

Sarikman

Post by Sarikman » 22 Nov 2011 17:02

Mazeh wrote:Thank you, Sarikman! I wrote "savegame", but I should have written "level", or something like that.

Yes, I must be in the three pushables room, the problem is that I only found TWO pushables in the ground level. I found two pushables more upstairs, after opening a door, and couldn't open the other door or find out what those two upstairs blocks were for. As to a ceiling opening, I found one beyond the opened door in a corner, and Lara could jump and grab the ledge upstairs without using the blocks. This opening led to a place between the two upstairs blocks. So is there another opening? I will look for it, and will look also for the third block.

My email is: maryjosey@yahoo.com. Congragulations for your very nice game and many thanks.
Dmidibl is right. I thought you were at the third level of the game, so what I wrote is not right for the time being. I was reffering to the third level and you are in the first. Sorry.
I am sending you now the file for the last level. Put it in data folder and it will work.

Mazeh

Post by Mazeh » 22 Nov 2011 20:05

Thank you, dmdibl! What would I do without you? I hope to be able to help u sometime in the future! And I simply don't know how I could forget TR3 and its blocks' characteristics. It should have been obvious for me that the block was climbable. After all the times that I played TR3??

Thanks again, Sarikman. I will use the file in order to go on.

AdamR

Post by AdamR » 22 Nov 2011 23:40

Just finished the game and I got all secrets. Really great, wonderful, perfect. I would suggest anyone to play it again and find all secrets. I think when you complete TR3, Lara's inventory would be full of weapons and unlimited ammo, but the enemies would be thougher. I played it again by starting a completelly new game. I preffer searching for ammo, than have it ready.

shandroid

Post by shandroid » 23 Nov 2011 01:36

dmdibl wrote:
Sarikman wrote:The key is on the rooftop of the church. You'll be able to go there by getting on the wall and jump to the lower roof. Then perform a good running jump from there in order to go on the top. The jump needs to be well performed or Lara will slide back.
It can be simple. Lara can just jump over to the pillar at the front corner of the Orthodox church. From there jump to the pointed triangle over the entryway. If Lara stands on the exact center of the point she can jump straight up, with her hands grabbing on either side of the point above, and pull up to the roof.
dmdibl, Master of jumping!! Again, you have saved me. :2thumbsup:

TOWER

Post by TOWER » 27 Nov 2011 15:52

reached the end of this level, nice courses to play, well done sarikman, I will play your next courses too.

Sarikman

Post by Sarikman » 30 Nov 2011 10:00

TOWER wrote:reached the end of this level, nice courses to play, well done sarikman, I will play your next courses too.
Thank you. I had submit one more level in summer. It is scored about 8.50. The lighting is a bit monotonous at the beggining, but the whole game is really challenging. Poseidon's Sanctum is a piece of cake if you compare them. Sure Poseidon's sanctum is nicer, but this one is harder. It is called "the mountainous temple". It is my debut level. :P

Sarikman

Post by Sarikman » 30 Nov 2011 10:11

I'd like to ask you a question. Did you like the main theme (menu theme)? The person who wrote and performed it asks me about it every day. So, what's your opinion?

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 30 Nov 2011 14:39

I don't blame that person for asking everyday! I actually never listened to it in it's entirety until today and it's beautifully done. You should add a "audio credit" to your read-me file so that this person can be duly recognized. And tell the person to keep composing.
Of doggie candle fame!

Sarikman

Post by Sarikman » 30 Nov 2011 20:04

mugs wrote:I don't blame that person for asking everyday! I actually never listened to it in it's entirety until today and it's beautifully done. You should add a "audio credit" to your read-me file so that this person can be duly recognized. And tell the person to keep composing.
There is a picture at the credits with saying that the theme is written and performed by him... :)
When I will be able to make a new levelset, he will help me again with the music. Also, the theme which plays when you complete a level, it is the same with the main menu theme, but in a short edition.