SARIKMAN-POSEIDON'S SANCTUM

stuck in a level/unofficial level editor

Moderator: QRS

AdamR

SARIKMAN-POSEIDON'S SANCTUM

Post by AdamR » 15 Nov 2011 11:28

Hello, I downloaded Poseidon's Sanctum yesterday. I played the first level, but I didn't manage to find two secrets. Found one on some rocks at the beach (shotgun), found one underneath the village, in a sewer with fires. It was underwter in a small opening (shotgun ammo), another one in the sea, just before the boat jump and another one in the cave by shimming and jumping on a bridge. I could not find the other two. I want to find them all. Now I am at the second level with the church, but I can't find the key to open its gates.

AdamR

Re: SARIKMAN-POSEIDON'S SANCTUM

Post by AdamR » 15 Nov 2011 12:07

Anyone found the key to the church?

Sarikman

Post by Sarikman » 15 Nov 2011 12:19

The key is on the rooftop of the church. You'll be able to go there by getting on the wall and jump to the lower roof. Then perform a good running jump from there in order to go on the top. The jump needs to be well performed or Lara will slide back.

dmdibl

Post by dmdibl » 15 Nov 2011 15:02

Sarikman wrote:The key is on the rooftop of the church. You'll be able to go there by getting on the wall and jump to the lower roof. Then perform a good running jump from there in order to go on the top. The jump needs to be well performed or Lara will slide back.
It can be simple. Lara can just jump over to the pillar at the front corner of the Orthodox church. From there jump to the pointed triangle over the entryway. If Lara stands on the exact center of the point she can jump straight up, with her hands grabbing on either side of the point above, and pull up to the roof.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 15 Nov 2011 15:11

damn a tr3 levelset at 160mb must be a huge levelset
vell yes
just downloaded it
and the cdaudio.wad are alone almost 174mb
rgs vimmers
hit f5 often in the forum

dmdibl

Post by dmdibl » 15 Nov 2011 15:16

Large audio, although I think a smaller file than the original TR3.

Four levels of classic play.

Sarikman

Post by Sarikman » 15 Nov 2011 15:26

vimmers wrote:damn a tr3 levelset at 160mb must be a huge levelset
vell yes
just downloaded it
and the cdaudio.wad are alone almost 174mb
I used many tracks for this game and there wasn't a way to make it smaller. So I am sorry about that. I think music in custom levels is significant manner. I also added tracks in which Lara is talking in order to help the player solve the puzzles.

AdamR

Post by AdamR » 15 Nov 2011 16:13

dmdibl wrote:
Sarikman wrote:The key is on the rooftop of the church. You'll be able to go there by getting on the wall and jump to the lower roof. Then perform a good running jump from there in order to go on the top. The jump needs to be well performed or Lara will slide back.
It can be simple. Lara can just jump over to the pillar at the front corner of the Orthodox church. From there jump to the pointed triangle over the entryway. If Lara stands on the exact center of the point she can jump straight up, with her hands grabbing on either side of the point above, and pull up to the roof.
I managed to get on the roof by jumping from the wall on the lower roof and from there, I did a curved running jump and I reached the rooftop. I even got to the next level. Those spikes at the end of the church level killed me twice.

AdamR

Post by AdamR » 15 Nov 2011 16:30

I am at the third level now. When I reached something like the main hall, I suppose, i chose a path where Lara slides down and ends up in a cave with lava and dinosaurs. I enjoyed the jumps over the lava, but now I am at a point where there is a giant boulder and I can't escape from it. When I press sprint, I fall in the lava because Lara can't jump while running fast. If I run without sprint, the boulder kills Lara. Any solution?

Sarikman

Post by Sarikman » 16 Nov 2011 10:17

AdamR wrote:I am at the third level now. When I reached something like the main hall, I suppose, i chose a path where Lara slides down and ends up in a cave with lava and dinosaurs. I enjoyed the jumps over the lava, but now I am at a point where there is a giant boulder and I can't escape from it. When I press sprint, I fall in the lava because Lara can't jump while running fast. If I run without sprint, the boulder kills Lara. Any solution?
All you have to do is to press sprint and let Lara run for a while, but let it go fast, so you will be able to jump. It isn't hard. It just needs good timing.

AdamR

Post by AdamR » 16 Nov 2011 10:43

Sarikman wrote:
AdamR wrote:I am at the third level now. When I reached something like the main hall, I suppose, i chose a path where Lara slides down and ends up in a cave with lava and dinosaurs. I enjoyed the jumps over the lava, but now I am at a point where there is a giant boulder and I can't escape from it. When I press sprint, I fall in the lava because Lara can't jump while running fast. If I run without sprint, the boulder kills Lara. Any solution?
All you have to do is to press sprint and let Lara run for a while, but let it go fast, so you will be able to jump. It isn't hard. It just needs good timing.
Thanks. I already did it. I even killed t-rex. Very funny. It ate Lara sometimes, but I enjoyed it. I got the gem and I went back to the main hall. Now I am dealing with a time switch.

AdamR

Post by AdamR » 16 Nov 2011 13:04

I found the Star and Lara started talking. She says that the holly symbol unlocks the exit and that the symbol is the cross. I found some pushable blocks but I don't know what to do with them. Do I have to find a cross item or something. Need help please.

Sarikman

Post by Sarikman » 16 Nov 2011 21:57

AdamR wrote:I found the Star and Lara started talking. She says that the holly symbol unlocks the exit and that the symbol is the cross. I found some pushable blocks but I don't know what to do with them. Do I have to find a cross item or something. Need help please.
I am so sorry for replying so late. I hope you've managed to solve the puzzle. Do you still need help?

AdamR

Post by AdamR » 16 Nov 2011 22:11

Everuthing is OK. I am at the last level right now in the room with wasps and lava. The room with the death tiles was hard. Performing running jumps by standing only on one square was hard. I loved the puzzle with the cross. You used really nice music and the title theme is very interesting. I think it is the same one that plays when you end a level, right. How is it called and how can I find it?

Sarikman

Post by Sarikman » 16 Nov 2011 22:15

AdamR wrote:Everuthing is OK. I am at the last level right now in the room with wasps and lava. The room with the death tiles was hard. Performing running jumps by standing only on one square was hard. I loved the puzzle with the cross. You used really nice music and the title theme is very interesting. I think it is the same one that plays when you end a level, right. How is it called and how can I find it?
This puzzle is my favourite in the whole game. Thanks. The track is written by a keyboard player who is in a rock group. They are not famous right now, but maybe one day they will be. It is performed for my project, so it is called Poseidon's Sanctum and I feel so thankful. I can send it to you if you wish.