Doro - A Little Help for some Friends

stuck in a level/unofficial level editor

Moderators: QRS, Gerty

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Doro - A Little Help for some Friends

Post by manarch2 » 13 May 2011 15:09

I am stuck in the beginning, in the rocky area. Have no idea how to progress from there. Cannot shoot this wall.

dmdibl

Re: Doro - A Little Help for some Friends

Post by dmdibl » 13 May 2011 16:40

I complained about this in my review. The readme indicates that the wall should be shot while facing it, but that never worked. I had Lara stand at the green crystal spot. Then she turns at an angle of forty-five degrees (to right, when facing wall) and shoots. The wall explodes.

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by manarch2 » 13 May 2011 18:04

Thanks very much, that helped for me, too.

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by manarch2 » 13 May 2011 19:15

What to do in the room with two non-moving rolling blades and a lever hidden behind one of them?

dmdibl

Post by dmdibl » 13 May 2011 20:56

I can't remember exactly what's right. I'm sorry if this is vague.

Not knowing what to do, I had Lara get up on a pillar: when first enter room, go forward to middle so slant is on her right side, back flip to slope, bounce up and curve left to get up on pillar. Jump around on top of the pillars--I think Lara went back toward the entrance first, up high, and the roller blades started up. Then jump on pillars to far right end of the room (from the entrance) and the roller blades stopped (either a trigger tile on pillar, or Lara dropped down for another switch--can't remember). Then Lara could get back down and use the lever behind the roller blade. Then get back up--I think this time Lara climbed up in the far right (from entrance) of room, jumped across to the high exit (far left from entrance).

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 13 May 2011 21:41

dmdibl wrote:I complained about this in my review. The readme indicates that the wall should be shot while facing it, but that never worked. I had Lara stand at the green crystal spot. Then she turns at an angle of forty-five degrees (to right, when facing wall) and shoots. The wall explodes.
in readme
there stays
Note: The big breakable wall in Tr3 can only be shot directly straight from the front, if it is placed into east direction. My first one shows to the north. When Lara says "Aah!" at the green crystal in front of the face vanishing bug she stands on the right point of view...
so dont complain cos u stay on the right spot

Doro

Post by Doro » 17 May 2011 13:33

Hello,
Thank you all for playing my level and for your very kind reviews! :)

I am sorry that you had so much trouble with the first breakable wall. I think that this is my fault, because my English in the Readme is probably too bad, so that, besides dear Jay and also vimmers, nobody could understand my explanations. And this Readme surely is too long, so that people got annoyed and maybe read only parts of these explanations, if at all.
Note: The big breakable wall in Tr3 can only be shot directly straight from the front, if it is placed into east direction. My first one shows to the north. When Lara says "Aah!" at the green crystal in front of the face vanishing bug she stands on the right point of view...
Thanks a lot, vimmers, for showing the entire text. :)

dmdibl, sorry for this miss-understanding! :(
You wrote in your review: "...whales are red..." So I assume, that you did not help the red one to meet the blue one? Too bad, my testers liked the "journey" with the whale as the best part of the gameplay.

Hello Jay, could you please tell me, in which room the tigers left their marked path? :-o

Diz, as for the guide - he actually was not meant to be a guide, but rather a friend, who needed Lara's help to reach his girl's house. I wished that I could have provided better activities for him, but unfortunately this Tr3 "Prisoner" is too stupid to do anything but climb low blocks, he cannot even jump over the smallest gap. And it was useless to set obstacle objects, like boulders or pushables etc. to block his way, because he (and also the tigers) simply ran through these objects. :(

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 17 May 2011 16:52

welcome to the forum Doro
good level u made
it also took me a while to figure that wall out until i reread the readme

Doro

Post by Doro » 18 May 2011 20:22

Thank you very much for the welcome, vimmers! :) I am a fan of trle.net since many years, its great walkthroughs and its really helpful and informative stuck threads and reviews.

Hello manarch2 - yesterday I forgot my biggest thanks to you. :blush:
Besides for your great walkthrough for my level, thank you so much, that you opened this stuck thread and asked because of a problem before writing your review. :)

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 18 May 2011 21:40

just adding my welcome to you also Doro! hope we see you around more often now and looking forward to your next game!
Of doggie candle fame!

Franco Bula

Post by Franco Bula » 18 May 2011 22:06

Add me too :D
Welcome to community Doro!
I liked your level..Good work

I wish you many success :) :wink:
Just open your eyes

Doro

Post by Doro » 19 May 2011 04:27

Thank you so much, Pat! :) Now I feel like adding, what I already thought about this afternoon: And since the old "New Tribune" days I am also a fan of mugs, Michael and Jay and a dozen others from whose walkthroughs and reviews I have profited all these years! :)

Thanks a lot, Franco! Your latest level is on my priority list right after the one from mugs. :)