Getting English walk-throughs, reviews

stuck in a level/unofficial level editor

Moderator: QRS

dmdibl

Getting English walk-throughs, reviews

Post by dmdibl » 10 Nov 2008 15:57

Henk's larasmansion has disappeared, which is where one could get English language reviews and walk-throughs for unofficial levels.

For instance, I just played "Call of Cthulhu" by TMerlin. I think I finished the game, found the shotgun in the final ground floor room, and pressed a button, but don't know what it did. Open an exit door? There should be a walk-through by Harry Laudie but everything is gone. Google search turns up nothing.

This is a good link -
http://treditor.hu/english/5_regiek_eng.htm

There is a Hungarian walk-through, but when I use Google's language tools, it doesn't seem to allow for a translation from Hungarian. This also means that I can't translate Hungarian sites such as http://Tmerlin.com

For that matter, I find that all the links to Turbo Pascal's unofficial editor are now dead. Not even his home site works. Fortunately I have a copy of his editor somewhere in my Tomb Raider CD and DVD archives. Boy am I glad I kept my own collection.

So is all this stuff just disappearing? Are Harry Laudie's walk-throughs no longer available? Are they gone for good? Sure, laraslevelbase.org has some unofficial levels, but it's only a subset of what's out there.

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 10 Nov 2008 20:23

I've got all unofficial custom level walkthroughs backed up (I was the one in charge of that section at Lara's Home). If you're looking for any one in specific, just let me know.

Same goes for the levels. :)

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 11 Nov 2008 03:53

I have added a sticky to this thread because I am sure it will be welcome news to the unofficial custom level players.
Of doggie candle fame!

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 11 Nov 2008 04:35

I would try the tr1-3 levels but I never seem to get it to work :( Will try again when I'm done with my adventure I think. I long for some tr3 action :D
Currently playing: Babylon Is Fallen

dmdibl

Post by dmdibl » 11 Nov 2008 16:29

Treeble:
Good to know! I spent hours searching and I thought all that stuff was lost forever, and was getting upset. Thanks for your offer.

Henk's larasmansion had excellent tutorials on getting TR1, TR2, TR3 and TR5 unofficial levels to run. Lots of good information you don't see elsewhere. He warned that the levels and info might disappear from online. So I used the browser "save page" feature to make hard copies of all his installation instructions and stored those on my CDs. I also saved all the levels I enjoyed, but only kept a handful of walk-throughs.

Harry

Re: Getting English walk-throughs, reviews

Post by Harry » 23 Aug 2009 19:45

To QRS (the moderator)

PD. Lambeth suggested that I could send any English language walkthroughs for the unofficial editor to you for posting and safekeeping.

I have copies of hundred of them, some by me, others by someone else.

Would you be interested in having them. I can email them to you. If you want them, you can send me the email address in a PM.

If you already have them, just ignore this post.

Roli

Post by Roli » 25 Aug 2009 21:14

OBig say for you (unfortunately he can't speak english) if you can send for him the english walkhtroughs, he will gladly add the walkies to the TREditor page, so you can check easily the levels :D
If you have some images, and savegames too, he would thank very much! :D

We can't translate the hungarian walkies yet, but we plan. :)

Thank you very much!

Harry

Post by Harry » 26 Aug 2009 00:10

Roli:

Where do I email Obig or you. You can give the addresses in a PM if you do not want to post the addresses here.

Thanks, Harry

Roli

Post by Roli » 26 Aug 2009 20:21

I've sent you a pm in the morning :)
If anyone intrested in, please contat with OBig :)

obig/treditor.hu

/ = @ :)

Roli

Post by Roli » 29 Aug 2009 19:57

OBig got the walkies in english, he still add to the site, TR1 walkies are finished, you can check them! :-P Patiently, but every walkies will add to the site, shortly :)
If somebody have screenshots, savegames from the levels, he would add them gladly! :2thumbsup: :)

Harry

Post by Harry » 06 Sep 2009 19:46

Obig has finished his update at the treditor.hu site. He has stand alone playable levels and walkthroughs for more than 400 unofficial editor TR1, TR2, TR3, Tr4, and TR5 levels.