vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 10 May 2008 20:46

gail854 can u upload a savegame cos i really dont know where u are
or a pic

gail854

Post by gail854 » 11 May 2008 06:16

Vimmer, sorry it took so long. Our time is a little different and I've been planting flowers outside all day. I'll try to submit a save but I've never done it before so I hope it works. I really need the 2nd disc and haven't a clue about these lasers.
Attachments
savegame.0
Lasers
(7.56 KiB) Downloaded 129 times

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 11 May 2008 06:56

gail854 this is your answer go back to the crawlspaces whit the shooting laserguy
shoot the palms and find the cellingtrapdoor
look at the pics from pwlmabr
pwlmabr wrote:I am stuck past this gun turret I have found a ceiling tile where there is a red laser blocking my path, can't find a switch to turn it off.

Edit: Here is where the red lasers are located in second shot.

gail854

Post by gail854 » 11 May 2008 07:36

Thanks vimmers. Finally, on my way.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 13 May 2008 15:11

Help, I shot all the palms and still can't find any hidden switch anywhere behind where the double palms were. Those are the only double plants I can think of. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Apart from that, couldn't this be done in different threads to make it easier for all, since it's a multilevel game?

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 13 May 2008 15:48

are u where pwlmabrs pics are on page 2 then u have to crawl into a triangle
crawlspace behind those 2 palms
and ofcourse feel free to start a tread named excape/or whatever
but do remember this are a tr5 level
this forum is to tr4 levels
the tread shuld actually have bieng here
http://trle-community.net/viewforum.php?f=26

damn those mods :)

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 13 May 2008 18:28

Jesus Christ, Golly Gosh, fire and brimstone, hell and damnation! I can't find any crawlspace whatsoever behind those two palms not to mention anywhere else! I even found the large medipack on the other side of the trapdoor but not that! And to think that it was all so simple so far...
Btw, do you mods really, really mind if we open a few new threads for this game here since no one will probably check them out in the unofficial levels area? Please?

EDIT: Found it! The damn crawlspace, with the grey colour and the texture applied just looks like it isn't there, man that was unfair! Anyway, I'm in France now, back in 1985 and without all the things I've collected so far (book of destiny, medipacks, gun and ammo), and if I find myself stuck again I'll probably start a new thread, that is hoping the mods won't get too tough. :)

EDIT2: Finished Old Time France. Very, very easy, no need to ask questions.

EDIT3: New France or whatever it's called (why do they call this France when it is, in fact, Rome?)... I'm at the place with two satues of Roman soldiers that come to life, must be near the end. There's no way you can get stuck here. That makes me think, I was trying to play Legend of the Ancients 2/3 and couldn't finish even using dozy. Yes! I did play the first Legend and it was ok. So, how come people either build such unbalanced levels, either complicated beyond all reason or much too easy? That's one of the things I look for when I review and give a level 10 in gameplay: perfect balance.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 14 May 2008 15:47

Ended at a time when there should have been more. Let's say the ending is a bit on the abrupt side. Entertaining but mostly weak. There's nothing memorable about the settings that mostly look like they are copyed from TR5's less inspired moments. The gameplay is way too simple (I don't mean with this to tell the author it should be complicated beyond reason as some games out there are) and the finest moments all stick to the first base levels. France isn't France at all, it's Rome! The only puzzling moment is when the textures make it almost impossible to spot a triangular crawlspace and that's it and that's not much regarding puzzles. All in all, a very average game albeit entertaining that deserves an average 5.

tersvenn
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by tersvenn » 18 May 2008 00:35

sprysiazni wrote:This should fix the long loading times of this game.Go to programs>book of destiny..delete pc tomb 5 and tr-bod in main folder.(2 red circle 5 )also delete desktop icon and replace with this patch,click on this patch to start..BIG difference,loads in 1 second.after it starts you may have slight delay of a few seconds,but nothing like it was...hope this helps. :D

Edit: For some reason The Extension rar is not allowed. it would solve the problem of slow loading.....nevermind
Can`t make this load patch work. Can someone explain how to do it - I suppose that a TR exe file is needeed? If I delete the "red" file what should replace it.
Indians comes from India :biggrin:

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 18 May 2008 04:30

The patch is an exe file. I couldn't get the patch to work from the desktop (some dll file missing or something), so I used it from where the game itself was (in Programs) and it worked fine.

tersvenn
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by tersvenn » 18 May 2008 07:55

Don`t know what I`m doing wrong, but I can`t get it to work.
Could you describe how to install it? :blush:

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 18 May 2008 08:33

find the game u installed
usally c/programfiles/The Book of Destiny
paste the patch into there

tersvenn
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by tersvenn » 18 May 2008 12:06

Vimmers,
I`m doing as you say but it wont work.
Will have another try later tonight after work.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 18 May 2008 15:53

have u tryed to play the game whitout the loadpatch
i played on vista and i have no probs at all