How to play unofficial custom levels

stuck in a level/unofficial level editor

Moderators: QRS, Gerty

Kristina
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Kristina » 04 Mar 2004 21:16

From Henk Eland :)<p>How to Install TR1 Custom Levels <br>How to Install TR2 Custom Levels<br>Ho to Install TR3 Custom Levels<br>How to Install TR5 Custom Levels<p>A general descrription.<p>To play TR1 custom levels you need the TR1 demo.To play TR2 you need the TR2 Gold demo.For TR3 you need the TR3 South Pasific demo and for TR5 the TR5 demo.<p>Demos<p>In some cases the zip files contain a tombpc which is something like the script and English dat files in TR4.So keep somewhere safe the original and place the one from the zip into the TRx demo folder.Also put the level file into the data folder and play.If you have the original games,copy the audio folder from the CD to the demo folder.<p>In other cases you only see the level file in the zip,keep somewhere safe or rename the original level and place the one from the zip to the data folder and play.<p>Some might experience problems with XP so try the following.Right click on the exe,then properties and then click the compatibility tab.Check the 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:Windows 98' and pray it works lol<p>What works for me though for TR2 custom levels and i am on XP PRO is the "Level Kalter Krieg" download from the TR2 demo section at LB.<p>If you encounter crashes lower your resolution to 800x600.That is if there is no other technical problem(s) that's causing the crash.<p>Val please add whatever you see i have forgotten or is wrong. :)<p><br>
"Don't take life so seriously ... it's not permanent."

Moonpooka

Post by Moonpooka » 05 Mar 2004 11:14

Thats fine kris, im still learning this lot myself but that looks right so far. <br>I had no probs with XP on TR3 levels but i did with the TR1's because of the DOS situation.<br>I always change the compat anyway, even for the LE. I think some might need the patches as well so they are also at the demo DL page above.<br>i have a quick and easy install guide which basically says what Krispy says above its just a shorter version, this is for the TR3 levels.<p>Download and install the TR3 South Pacific Demo found at the link above.<br>Download a TR3 level from the links given on the levels page.<br>If the level DL has a tombpc.dat then simply place the two files into the data folder of the demo.<br>If no tombpc.dat is present then rename the levels .tr2 file to shore.tr2. and replace the shore.tr2 in the demo's data folder with the renamed one.<br>You can now play the level.<br>If you wish to add the TR music and you have the origional CD, simply take the audio folder from the CD and place it in the demo folder.<br>Play - enjoy :up:<p><p>

Kristina
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Kristina » 05 Mar 2004 12:14

Thanks Val :)<p>Btw anyone else that has any information to share is most welcome. :)<p>Here are two packages made by Torry,for easier play of these levels.These are posted with his permission.<p>TR1 Package<p>
Unzip it, drop the folder TR1 anywhere on your hard drive, download the level you want to play, rename it to level1.phd and replace in the data folder. Double click the tomb3dfx.exe to play.
<p>TR2 Package<p>
Unzip it to a folder called TR2 and put it anywhere on your HD. Now, in the data folder amongst other things there is a level called vegas.tr2. This is the level you need to replace. SO, download the level you want to play, unzip it and rename the level to vegas.tr2. Put that in the data folder (yes, go on, overwrite the original). Now, double click the Tomb2.exe file. When the game loads and the menu ring comes up, select the passport and go to Load New Game. Here you will find a level called "The Level I Chose".
<p><p>

CC

Post by CC » 30 Mar 2004 09:44

Just as a matter of interest. Level series like regresa/Lara Returns. Do I need to do them in any order? You know, keep a savegame to continue to the next. Or does it matter which one I play each time? I saw the walkthrough for Lara Returns and it does seem to run in a particular order.
The longest journey starts with the first step . . .

Kristina
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Kristina » 30 Mar 2004 09:47

No it doesn't matter,you can play them at any order. :)<p>The walktrhough is not complete,some levels are missing and needs grammar and spelling correction.I will be doing that (getting the author's permission first to correct it) as well as add the missing levels in the future.The levels aren't very long or hard.

CC

Post by CC » 30 Mar 2004 12:20

That's good to hear, :up:<p>Missing levels? Well I suppose if each one can be played on it's own it won't make any difference how many will be added later.<p>BTW Kristina, apart from Lara's Mansion, and the other links here, is there a comprehensive list anywhere? There are some I've read about, but can't find.<p>I wonder if you are thinking of making a list yourself with links?

Kristina
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Kristina » 30 Mar 2004 12:35

What i meant by missing levels is that in the walkthrough you will see that some levels won't appear.Don't be alert :)<p>As for the list,Henk has every level available and he is adding levels all the time.I think he reconstructed his site recently so maybe that's why you see levels missing.I have all unofficial levels on CD so i guess i can open a thread with a list if necessary.<p>Do you have some titles to give me?Which ones can't you find?

Momster
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Momster » 30 Mar 2004 14:57

Quote: CC ( 12:20 pm on Mar. 30, 2004 )<p>That's good to hear, :up:<p>Missing levels? Well I suppose if each one can be played on it's own it won't make any difference how many will be added later.<p>BTW Kristina, apart from Lara's Mansion, and the other links here, is there a comprehensive list anywhere? There are some I've read about, but can't find.<p>I wonder if you are thinking of making a list yourself with links?

Momster
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Momster » 30 Mar 2004 14:58

Quote: CC ( 12:20 pm on Mar. 30, 2004 )<p>BTW Kristina, apart from Lara's Mansion, and the other links here, is there a comprehensive list anywhere? There are some I've read about, but can't find.<p>
<p>Hi CC, all the unofficial levels can be found here also

CC

Post by CC » 30 Mar 2004 16:30

Thanks Kristina. It might not be a bad idea at all to list the ones available. You have them all :eek2: Good for you girl.<p>Hi Momster :hello: good to see you back again.<br>That looks just like what I had in mind. :up:<br>As I've just started doing these unofficial levels I'm still ignorant of all that's available. Thanks for looking in. Talk to you soon . . .

Henk Eland

Post by Henk Eland » 30 Mar 2004 19:30

Hi Everybody,<p>It has been a long time ago since my last post here on this forum. <br>My life has being turning around the last year. But now my wife is doing much better, I am picking up the pieces I left behind. Now I am restyling my TR1,TR2,TR3 and TRC site. TR1,TR2 are finished. From The TR3 section I have completed all levels. Now I am updating the TR3 testlevels.<br>Then the TRC section and finally the updated 'How To Install' pages....<p>Feel free the visit my site:<p>-------------------------------<br>Http://home01.wxs.nl/~eland037/index.htm<br>Henk from Lara's Mansion<br>Keep On Building<br>
please visit:
The mother of all the unofficial TR sites.
URL: Lara's Mansion

Kristina
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Kristina » 30 Mar 2004 19:34

Hi Henk :hello:<p>I have sent you an e-mail,could you check please and reply?Thank you. :)

Henk Eland

Post by Henk Eland » 31 Mar 2004 06:13

Hi Kristina.<p>Did you receive my mail?<p>--------------<br>Keep On Building<br>Henk from Lara's Mansion<br>
please visit:
The mother of all the unofficial TR sites.
URL: Lara's Mansion

CC

Post by CC » 31 Mar 2004 09:23

Hello Henk :hello:<br>Glad to hear things are better for you now. :smile:

Kristina
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Kristina » 31 Mar 2004 12:54

CC follow this link and you will find all the levels in alphabetical order and links.Henk was kind enough to let us use his site and we have to thank him for that.The ones that are in bold have not been added yet.<p>Thanks Henk,much appreciated. :hug: