TR3 - Franco Bula - The Pagan Reaction - Chapter 1

stuck in a level/unofficial level editor

Moderators: QRS, Gerty

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

TR3 - Franco Bula - The Pagan Reaction - Chapter 1

Post by Jorge22 » 25 Mar 2020 19:30

It's a bit hard to explain because it's all rather dark, almost pitch black in places but still I'm going to give it a go...

Level 1 - Lonely City: Lara has just managed to jump across a few rooms and piles of boxes to get to a button that opens a door elsewhere. From there, she finds a crack on the wall, grabs it and reaches yet another room where she's welcomed by a rat, where she find a secret under those boxes and where there's a door and a lock but no key yet. In this room there are are all those piles of boxes and they're basically used for sliding. I *think* I see some entrance to some place, up in the distance, with some red light. Or not. It's all so dark that not even using flares can be of much help. I've tried several things but I always end back on the ground. Any ideas?

Phil
Mod
Mod

Re: TR3 - Franco Bula - The Pagan Reaction - Chapter 1

Post by Phil » 26 Mar 2020 01:51

Jorge22 wrote:
25 Mar 2020 19:30
it's all rather dark, almost pitch black in places...
Don't forget that in TR3 levels you can adjust the gamma to increase the brightness. Sure wish that option was available for TR4 levels.

DoggettTV

Post by DoggettTV » 26 Mar 2020 08:31

I finish the First Level but I think a Secret is bugged...
There is a timed switch inside the initial house which should open a door outside just before entering the big frustrating labirinth. Shotgun Shells can be seen inside this door... but the trigger doesn't work :/

The Snarky Lesbian

Post by The Snarky Lesbian » 26 Mar 2020 08:48

It's almost like that author read my post in the wishlist thread, since there are no default pistols. But everything else is kinda meh. The first level is called "The Lonely City" and that is quite fitting, it feels lonely as ****. The textures are super barebones, I don't know where I am half the time or even moving in the right direction and it really depresses me how dark everything is.

Might have to push back my playing of this for better times, cause staying at home all day is making me depressed and lonely already xD
My Twitch Channel

Do a good for the world and reduce the number of crawlspaces in your levels.

DoggettTV

Post by DoggettTV » 26 Mar 2020 14:35

Is there any way to contact Franco Bula?
I was browsing through Fexinspect. And I noticed an Antitrigger on the missing Secret door that I can't open. I think it's a game bug... :/
I'm not an expert, but I'd like to know

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 26 Mar 2020 15:13

Yes, it's uncommon. Maybe try to reach him through Michael?

Better yet: I just noticed he's a member. Why don't you try and PM him?

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 27 Mar 2020 01:41

Phil wrote:
26 Mar 2020 01:51
Jorge22 wrote:
25 Mar 2020 19:30
it's all rather dark, almost pitch black in places...
Don't forget that in TR3 levels you can adjust the gamma to increase the brightness. Sure wish that option was available for TR4 levels.
Phil, could you, please, let me know how one does that? Thanks.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 27 Mar 2020 13:27

Go to "Detail Levels." The gamma option is down at the bottom. As the number increases (default is 3, I think) the light increases. I usually play at 9 or 10.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 27 Mar 2020 13:33

Thanks. :2thumbsup:
Last edited by Jorge22 on 27 Mar 2020 18:24, edited 1 time in total.

DoggettTV

Post by DoggettTV » 27 Mar 2020 13:47

Jorge22 wrote:
27 Mar 2020 13:33
Thanks. :)
You can change the gamma also in the game ^^
Go in the red sunglasses in the Ring Inventory :)
here:
Attachments
Screen.jpg

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 27 Mar 2020 18:24

Thanks. :2thumbsup:

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 30 Mar 2020 18:45

So, any luck moving beyond that point? I can't find the door opened at the end of the long sequence of jumps over the crates, plus the red room seems to be where we should be coming from, not getting to. However, once inside that room you can't crawl back outside for some reason. :2thumbsup:

I'm looking all over the labyrinth with the crates for anything else of interest, perhaps the key needed in that room, but I'm not making any progress at all.

EDIT/ Oh nevermind not even knowing where the door is. It's a timed button as well! :2thumbsup: But I didn't find anything else among the stacks of crates. So I'm guessing there must be a way to negotiate the sliding jumps in that dark room with the rat...

EDIT2/ Ok, after a million plus one tries, I managed to land on the second flat box in the dark room with a running jump to the slope and an angled jump to the side. It's a pixel precise jump and I have not been able to replicate it, so I'm posting a savegame here. Stats are awful plus it might not even be on the right path...

EDIT3/ Oh hey I think I found the door. It's just shortly after that stupid pixel precise jump. Do I have the willpower necessary to go over all the crates and try rushing back here? There are a few other doors in this room - the one that would provide the perfect shortcut for the potential timed run is timed so no bueno -, and then yet another labyrinth by dropping through the floor. Why is the author punishing us?
Attachments
savegame.0
Videogames are fun!
(13.59 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Raider Daze (pt-br) | Do more of what makes you happy!

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 30 Mar 2020 19:49

Treeble wrote:
30 Mar 2020 18:45
EDIT3/ Oh hey I think I found the door. It's just shortly after that stupid pixel precise jump. Do I have the willpower necessary to go over all the crates and try rushing back here? There are a few other doors in this room - the one that would provide the perfect shortcut for the potential timed run is timed so no bueno -, and then yet another labyrinth by dropping through the floor. Why is the author punishing us?
I used the corner bug to skip the stupid jump and here's an updated savegame right past the timed door so you don't have to do it. A key lies at the top of the crates ahead of Lara, and the way out is through a hole in the ground. Where to next, I still don't know.
Attachments
savegame.0
(13.59 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Raider Daze (pt-br) | Do more of what makes you happy!

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 31 Mar 2020 00:21

You know, it's a bit too confusing to be entertaining. And dark as hell too. Oh well, maybe I will change my mind...

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 31 Mar 2020 02:13

From the comments thus far, it sounds like a game to stay away from. Any feedback, builder?

Edit on 6 Apr 2020: Given the remarks in Treeble's review, are we even sure this is Franco Bula's work product? Might be something worthy of investigation.