Astraf - Escaping the Werewolf

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Sethian

Astraf - Escaping the Werewolf

Post by Sethian » 20 Sep 2020 12:17

Has anyone succeeded with the timed run after stepping on the white tile? I just can't seem to do it, or even get close to the door in question. I'm assuming the door is open for the length of time that the ticking music plays? Hard to know since it's such a long trek back there.

If anyone has made it, is getting through that door also the finish trigger, or is there more after?

Teone
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: Astraf - Escaping the Werewolf

Post by Teone » 20 Sep 2020 14:02

If you saved after a first try then you can't do it.
In the Readme.rtf the author says that the door opens only once.

nad

Post by nad » 20 Sep 2020 15:02

Sethian wrote:
20 Sep 2020 12:17
Has anyone succeeded with the timed run after stepping on the white tile? I just can't seem to do it, or even get close to the door in question. I'm assuming the door is open for the length of time that the ticking music plays? Hard to know since it's such a long trek back there.

If anyone has made it, is getting through that door also the finish trigger, or is there more after?
Behind that door waits von Croy and the game ends.

Sethian

Post by Sethian » 20 Sep 2020 15:19

I'm following the readme, and not saving or re-loading after I step on the tile. But does the timing of the door match up with the timer audio, or do I still have a few seconds left after the audio ends?
nad wrote:
20 Sep 2020 15:02
Behind that door waits von Croy and the game ends.
Lol thank you for spoiling actually. :D Maybe I'll just leave it then, if I can't do it.

I'll try a few more times. I'm guessing the fastest way back is by dropping into the water and swimming along the passage or is there another shortcut in the map?

*EDIT*
I did it.
For future walkthrough writers: yes, the ticking music is exactly as long as the length of time the door remains open.