Thierry Stoorne Templiers - La cité perdue

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

TombTitan

Re: Thierry Stoorne Templiers - La cité perdue

Post by TombTitan » 15 Apr 2020 19:10

Attached is a savegame with Lara looking at the slope next to the alcove with secret 2. She cannot jump/grab it from this location.

Also, Lara has a gate key she got in another area on an upper floor (after using a jumpswitch opening a gate, and going up a spike-trapped ladder elsewhere, and also using 4 levers to open a room to the key). There is no keyhole anywhere in the level that is currently accessible.
savegame.3
(15.58 KiB) Downloaded 29 times

nad

Post by nad » 15 Apr 2020 19:22

TombTitan wrote:
15 Apr 2020 19:10
Attached is a savegame with Lara looking at the slope next to the alcove with secret 2. She cannot jump/grab it from this location.

Also, Lara has a gate key she got in another area on an upper floor (after using a jumpswitch opening a gate, and going up a spike-trapped ladder elsewhere, and also using 4 levers to open a room to the key). There is no keyhole anywhere in the level that is currently accessible.

savegame.3
Hold strg
Attachments
trepsave.3
(12 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
savegame.3
(15.58 KiB) Downloaded 31 times

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 15 Apr 2020 19:51

nad wrote:
15 Apr 2020 19:22

Hold strg
it's ctrl in english

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 15 Apr 2020 19:58

Thank you nad---I don't know how you got Lara to grab (I had tried a hundred times).

Vimmers, I did figure that out, but thanks for the translation.

Anyway, I still have no idea where a keyhole is for the gate key. Does anybody know?

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 15 Apr 2020 20:06

TombTitan wrote:
15 Apr 2020 19:58
Thank you nad---I don't know how you got Lara to grab (I had tried a hundred times).

Vimmers, I did figure that out, but thanks for the translation.

Anyway, I still have no idea where a keyhole is for the gate key. Does anybody know?
it was for nad
but you only got that key
up where the 4 lavers are
there are still 3 doors to open and a skull to obtain
and to get that secret you need to get really close to the corner
and turn sharp left
so you are almost near the corner when she grab the ledge

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 15 Apr 2020 21:24

Thanks Vimmers for the description of how to jump in this case. I tried it again following your advice, and after 40 tries, I was able to grab the slope and get to the secret.
Now I can say I did it myself.

Thanks again Nad for the temporary secret save until I was finally able to do it.

Vimmers, regarding the key. I still haven't found the keyhole, but I finally got the levers to open another door. There is no visual clue, and the sound level was too low. It is too easy to be deceived that nothing is happening because the builder provided no clues.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 15 Apr 2020 21:44

clues are the lighted torches above four doors
and levers are more and less straightforward
3 to each door

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 15 Apr 2020 22:07

Vimmers, thanks for the info. I never noticed the torches (too busy running around to pay attention to the walls and fixtures).

FYI, and to all, there are actually 2 ways to get secret 2 in this level as I had suspected: 1) by jumping to the adjacent slope and shimmy to the alcove, or 2) from above (shimmy along the building edge) and dropping down to grab the alcove edge which is much easier. The latter way is done after using the skull and levers. However, this second method requires backtracking to the levers to jump to a different location with the statue, etc. The first direct-jump method is shorter, but definitely harder.

nad

Post by nad » 15 Apr 2020 22:11

vimmers wrote:
15 Apr 2020 19:51
nad wrote:
15 Apr 2020 19:22

Hold strg
it's ctrl in english
Oh, thnx vimmers for the translation :2thumbsup:
But more importantly, TT has understood me :D

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 16 Apr 2020 04:01

I finally finished this level. It was one big source of frustration, confusion, and hypertension to figure out what to do and where to go. The level was attractive, but it was full of unnecessary areas that begged to be explored, etc., that created a significant need for an unavailable map! The next level is presumably a remake like the Setback levels. I wonder what the final new level will be like.

At present most players will drool for a walkthrough to "The Lost City'" level, but currently there is no written or video walkthrough.

DoggettTV

Post by DoggettTV » 20 Apr 2020 15:31

TombTitan wrote:
15 Apr 2020 11:59
Would someone please get Lara into the room behind the waterfall. I want to see what it looks like there. This move is without doubt the most difficult move of ANY custom level or Core Design game (without exception). It is essentially an unfair move since the keyboard cannot properly control Lara's movement to grab the monkey swing and the starting terrain is a significant obstacle; nor can you jump directly into the room with a long jump. Even DoggettTV abandoned this game at this level!!

Apparently, according to a previous post in this thread, Lara must enter this room behind the waterfall from this location.

Thank you for help in this endeavor.
savegame.0
I never said I abandoned this Custom Level :annoyed: