CaC19 - Sleeping with the Fishes by Tombraiderxii

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

The Snarky Lesbian

CaC19 - Sleeping with the Fishes by Tombraiderxii

Post by The Snarky Lesbian » 06 Nov 2019 23:30

So, really liking underwater sections I went with this one first... and oh my god is it difficult. In many areas it looked like the level creator went out of their way to make a timed run and a swim as absolutely insanely balls to the wall hard as was possible, and there is a point where it is really noticeable too because you start safe scumming a lot.

So here would be my question. How are you supposed to do the swims in the great cave for these colored pencils? Even with safe scumming through it and only taking the absolute best segments for it I cannot make it back to the surface without using a lot of med kits.

Also I opened an area with my yellow plug that is supposed to contain some diving gear, but I'm not sure how to reach that area at all. So I opened the door to the Diving Supplies Room, but don't know how to reach the room it is situated in.

Otherwise good work so far, graphically it is very beautiful. And I like water, even if this level tests my patience in places.

Edit: I actually found the area, turns out one of the underwater areas with a glas ceiling had a hole inside the ceiling and I'm an idiot. (In the area where the block was pushed into the water).
My Twitch Channel

Do a good for the world and reduce the number of crawlspaces in your levels.

Mulf

Re: CaC19 - Sleeping with the Fishes by Tombraiderxii

Post by Mulf » 07 Nov 2019 16:15

I've done the two consecutive timed runs for a secret in a glitchy crawlspace, turned off all the burners and am now stuck with the timed run for a door far, far away, beyond the burners and a large number of obstacles in my path. I can't even reach the burners before the door slams shut. Please tell me that I've overlooked an obvious shortcut, because if it's one of those timed runs that you need to attempt so often that the required moves become part of your muscle memory, this kills the gameplay for me.

The Snarky Lesbian

Post by The Snarky Lesbian » 07 Nov 2019 17:08

I don't know if I know the specific one you are referring to (the one past the burners?), but yeah, the amount of ultratight timed runs in this level is staggering.

Speaking of problems, after opening the big underwater gate that opens once you put all blue-yellow pencils into their sockets you enter another underwater cave, in there I pressed an underwater switch that shows a door opening from the perspective of a crouchgab sized corridor. The door is yellow and I have no idea where that is. And man have I doubled checked the entire level twice by now.
My Twitch Channel

AgentXP

Post by AgentXP » 07 Nov 2019 17:10

There is a video walkthrough out for this one too, in case anyone needs it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jgz23kU7T0&t=1953s :)

The Snarky Lesbian

Post by The Snarky Lesbian » 08 Nov 2019 19:34

Oh damn that is very useful! Thanks a ton Agent!

Edit: Wow, it was actually in the very same cave that I swam through multiple times and still missed the cave. Hotdamn my skills at spotting areas are bad^^
My Twitch Channel

Mulf

Post by Mulf » 15 Nov 2019 13:50

So I made it through that timed run where I left off, and am immediately stuck because I need a yellow plug that I don't have in order to (I very dearly hope) acquire some diving gear. Where is that yellow plug?

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 15 Nov 2019 17:11

aren't it in the big pool before the timed run
if it's not that i haven't found it yet cos i am stuck at the timed run
and don't go near the timed lever again or it will be reset

Mulf

Post by Mulf » 15 Nov 2019 20:27

No, that's the blue plug; I passed that one by at first too, but eventually I spotted it, and have used it already (in some place after the burners).
The plug I'm missing now is yellow and goes into a receptacle near the pushblock that you shove into the water.

I guess I'll just wait for you to complete the timed run and become stuck where I am as well. :?

P. S.: You're right, the timed run starts all over again if you merely step on the trigger tile. Well, somebody done fukked up!

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 16 Nov 2019 03:13

have you looked at the video link posted earlier

Mulf

Post by Mulf » 16 Nov 2019 03:20

No, I haven't. I don't want to slog through twenty minutes of footage and see bits and pieces of stuff I haven't done yet, I just want one specific piece of information.
Playthroughs have their uses, but they're a wasteful way of communicating information.

ultraXgiotr99

Post by ultraXgiotr99 » 16 Nov 2019 10:22

yellow plug is in the big underwater cave with sharks and small submarines and a flyby show it when you reach that cave. You must open an underwater yellow door but if you have already used the blue plug...it must be open :)

Mulf

Post by Mulf » 16 Nov 2019 11:07

Thank you! I've been to that underwater cave, but it's of course a thing that's easy to miss (the hint in that worker's note notwithstanding), what with all the things going on there.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 22 Nov 2019 06:44

anyone up for a timed run for me
Attachments
savegame.0
(41.87 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

Mulf

Post by Mulf » 22 Nov 2019 07:38

There you go, vim.

I don't think I ever did a perfectly nasty timed run that early (or that often). :hammer:
savegame.0
(41.71 KiB) Downloaded 18 times

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 22 Nov 2019 07:54

thank you my friend
it's not often i need help with a timed run
but i ran out of patience with this one