Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Phil
Mod
Mod

Re: CaC19 - SrDanielPonces - Hostile Waters

Post by Phil » 07 Nov 2019 23:48

SrDanielPonces wrote:
07 Nov 2019 23:46
-Delete SAS_Fixer.dll. It is fine to delete it because all it does is increase the damage the SAS does using triggers, however, do not delete any other plugin since they are mandatory to finish the level, and without them, the game will be buggy.
By deleting the DLL, the final boss will be immensely nerfed, but that's the only way winXP users have to play it.

Unfortunately it's a matter of time until TRLE levels won't work in winXP, since plugin programmers are tending to use more recent 'tools' to make their work.

Unlike TombTitan is saying, this is not my fault as a builder. I hope you understand and regards!

I didn't see this before posting my previous edit. Thanks, SrDanielPonces. I'll give that a try and report back.

Edit: It worked!!

SrDanielPonces

Post by SrDanielPonces » 08 Nov 2019 00:03

Good to know. However, I don't want to encourage people to delete plugins. The other day I had a streamer delete the Classic Inventory plugin because it was slower than the TR4 one. That, of course, caused many bugs and after a while made the game unbeatable.

Plugins should never be deleted because the players don't know the importance of them in the level.
However, this is an exception since I think it does not break the game (I do not promise it will run without any issue, though it's likely it won't) and is the only way for WinXP users to play it.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 08 Nov 2019 08:38

TombTitan wrote:
07 Nov 2019 21:50
The situation you and Gerty are experiencing is EXACTLY what I talked about over the last few days that many builders are upset about and blame the victim for their error.
Dude can you just stop... this is getting really tiring... of "many upset" people it's only you...
this is like Gorty when he saw several floating objects so he pointed out a "thousand"...
of course then he rated them to 4 which successfully denied sonny the Hall of Fame...
...also, nobody blamed you. This is just a plain lie, you're playing the victim card.
In total, you have pulled more evil cards last week than Pedro is able to in several months.
it's you and only YOU desperately looking for drama and pissing off half of the community.
If this was twitch chat, not our mega friendly forum, you'd be purged after 5 min of such trashtalk.
I don't know what happened to you, maybe you have a problem but please stop this attitude.
I always valued your bug finding skills and I think you should use them for good purposes. :sunny:
woof

Teone

Post by Teone » 08 Nov 2019 13:42

TombTitan is somehow funny. :D He can't do without putting a finger in someone's *** when he gently explains his reasons.
Now he'll probably order me to shut up again, so I hasten to say that I have nothing against you, TT. I know what it means to be a proud man, all focalized on honour and respect. But -if you accept suggestions- in a community like this, a proud man lives better if he takes things in a lighter way.
(sorry for the OT, mods)

The Snarky Lesbian

Post by The Snarky Lesbian » 09 Nov 2019 15:10

he rated them to 4 which successfully denied sonny the Hall of Fame...
Entries to the Hall of Fame are based internally on score and not on a Jury or something? Oh god, now that makes me really self-conscious of times when I rated something a bit lower than may be adequate because I figured "It's an arbitrary score anyway, my thorough opinion is in my Review.". But to think that I may be doing my part in pulling someone away from being feature in a Hall of Fame, which should add quite a bit of prestige kinda makes me feel bad about it. Since I used to always double or tripple question myself if I initially wanted to go with a full score of 10 for a category since I'm still not sure how arbitrary they might be in my head, and how in reference to previous 10s I should put them.

In other news, great level SirDanielPonces. Now this will appear in the review too, but right now I'm both in some state of high from being able to play another TR2-esque level AND in complete awe over how well designed the general structure and framework of this level is. As it is basically the entire TR2 ship segment in reverse, but not just turned around and with parts added to make them fit, but with entirely new elements that are rounded up with Setpieces from the original series, setpieces that everyone kind of remembers, that makes them think "Omg, it's that one Room from this level!". And I had that constantly. And it gave me a warm bit of nostalgia. And that is quite the feat. Thanks a ton!
My Twitch Channel

Do a good for the world and reduce the number of crawlspaces in your levels.

SrDanielPonces

Post by SrDanielPonces » 10 Nov 2019 13:57

Thanks! This means a lot x

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 11 Nov 2019 02:43

Just a brief update. I was able to play both levels without incident. The only glitch - and a minor one at that - was that after conquering the timed run for the third secret (Ruby Dragon) I could no longer save. So I just reloaded and finished without stopping for that secret. Excellent game, as my review will attest.

SrDanielPonces

Post by SrDanielPonces » 11 Nov 2019 11:04

The only scenario where you'd be unable to save is if you die - I made that happen in case some players accidentally save when they're dead.
However, no one else had this issue and I'm not able to fix it unless you did something specific that would trigger the disabling of the save. This may be the deleting of the plugin or not (I don't know), but nevertheless thank you for playing and I'm glad you likes it!