Igor Gois - The Myth of Khonsu - Level 1 - Khonsu Ruins

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

TombTitan

Re: Igor Gois - The Myth of Khonsu - Level 1 - Khonsu Ruins

Post by TombTitan » 22 Oct 2019 01:09

Drakan, I do NOT use fexinspect or ANY builder-type software!!!!! You are NUTS if you think so!!! I just know how to play correctly after 22 years of Tomb Raider.

And contrary to builders' beliefs, DOZY is primarily used by players to explore areas before reloading a savegame to play properly the same as you use fexinspect. This was something that Mugs and others understood very well.

It is STILL inappropriate to use fexinspect or ANYTHING to find shortcuts instead of playing properly. If you really believe this, then DOZY, etc. should be allowed as Core Design had intended. Builders have an obligation to play fairly too!!!!!

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 22 Oct 2019 03:58

Will someone help me thru this door please? :angry:
savegame.0
(36.54 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 22 Oct 2019 04:44

Suzanne, you are starting what is probably the hardest part of this game (about an hour) with several timed runs, difficult jumps, etc. in several rooms including the lava room area and the later timed run to the wood piece room.

I have attached 3 savegames based on yours to let you continue for the next section, but it will get hard after that.

The first savegame gets you through the door, but you could have done it if you realized that you cannot step on the trigger floor tile that closes the gate around the corner from the switch. However, that switch is a timed run to another area. Thus the first savegame also gets you through the timed gate to the flaming switch.

The second savegame is after using the flaming switch because it is tricky to get to it (you have to crawl to avoid flames).
savegame.1
(36.63 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
savegame.2
(36.59 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
The third savegame is at the wall button (that will open yet another gate to a floor lever) accessed by the non-timed flaming switch (neither the wall button or the subsequent floor lever are timed).
savegame.3
(36.68 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 22 Oct 2019 05:27

Thank you so much TT, I'll try tomorrow, I have to go to sleep now, I'm shacking to much with this disease and can barely type. Had a bad day with it, but thank you so much!
Suz

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 22 Oct 2019 23:41

There is no way in hell that I can do this lava room. You are so right TT, it's just too hard for me. If I can get help I would appreciate it. Or I'll just have to find another level. :(
savegame.0
(36.5 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 23 Oct 2019 02:32

I've got the Improved Shovel, I'm standing at the spot indicated in DoggettTV's video, but Lara won't dig. What's the trick?

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 23 Oct 2019 03:34

There is no trick to using the shovel. You are probably not at the same place as DoggettTV (it is hard to see where to find that place---Igor Gois's text message clue at the start of the area is confusing as several places look the same when looking at the ceiling).

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 23 Oct 2019 03:46

Suzanne, the lava room is long and difficult. The timed lever switches' runs over trapdoors must be done 2 or 3 times in order to get to switches and open doors (including jumping over to pillar tops and climbing up to a floor lever). I'll look at your savegame, and see if I can use it, but I will have to provide multiple savegames to get you to the main timed run to the wood piece (and let you see how the room is done). I may just give you a savegame at the wood piece room. Check back tomorrow because it is not easy to do that room (it took me a long time originally).

Level 2 is mostly just dark and hard to see where to go (there is only 1 or 2 relatively easy timed runs). There is one hard underwater switch puzzle, but the map solution is posted in the stuck thread making it easy to do. Level 1 part 2 is easy (except if you followed the video walkthrough you would still have to do the confusing lever room puzzle to open the pathways for the pushable---that was actually supposed to have been done in part 1). Level 3 is tedious but easy (mostly a long pushable exercise and boring demigod shooting match).

Please check this thread tomorrow.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 23 Oct 2019 07:33

The walkthroughs did several rooms in the latter part of level 1 part 1 in a different order than that intended by the builder. The intended sequence of events in the latter part of this level after climbing the tall ladder (after the flaming corridor and using the rope) is:
1. Do the jumps on the symbol tiles to get to the room to open the trapdoor to the upper floor (first symbol tile run).
2. Go to the upper floor and kill the ninjas. Open the right gate with the pushable to do the trigger tiles to open the gate to the multiple switch/lever corridor and get to the small pillar room (secret #4 there).
3. Go up the small pillars and free the floor lever from the spikes.
4. Open the left gate to the lava room and do the first timed run to get to the switch on the pillar to access the jump switch, and get back to the start of the lava room. Climb up there through the now open ceiling trapdoor to get to the floor lever (a clue is shown to do the high pillar monkey swing area after using the lever).
5. Move the pushable to open both the right and left gates simultaneously.
5. Do the timed run on the trapdoors in the lava room a second time to get to the crowbar door.
6. Do the timed run from the crowbar door switch (via a monkey swing) to the right gate room where the wood piece is and get it.
7. Climb the tall pillars in the main room to get to the high monkey swing and use the jump switch. Note that a wall recess opens high on the left wall showing 4 symbols (2 lighted green and 2 lighted red--the green ones show the path symbols to do the burning floor room).
8. Do the burning floor room puzzle (very dark area where the paths are indicated by the ceiling symbols over the intersections---jump to the safe tiles) (secret #5 there--small medipack).
9. (Second symbol tile run) Go back to the symbol tile jump rows (on the lower floor down the trapdoor hole) and do them again to get to the door opened by the lever in the burning floor room. Go through the timed gate there to use the push button to open the gate in the large starting room arena at ground level at the beginning of the level.
10. Go back over the symbol tiles and down the tall ladder to the flaming corridor and down to the ground to that gate; enter and proceed to the big scorpion battle area. Make a shovel to dig and access level 2.
Last edited by TombTitan on 23 Oct 2019 09:01, edited 1 time in total.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 23 Oct 2019 07:47

Suzanne, here are savegames through the first part of the lava room, etc. Three more saves are in the next post leading to the wood piece.
Savegame 1 is after the first lava room trapdoor timed run and jump to the high pillar to get to the switch that will raise the safety trapdoor to use the jump switch on the wall (another timed run)
savegame.1
(36.61 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Savegame 2 is at the floor lever after using the jump switch and climbing the wall ladder
savegame.2
(36.71 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Savegame 3 is at the start of the pillar jumps to get to the monkey swing leading to the high wall jump switch that reveals the clue to do the burning floor room puzzle.
savegame.3
(36.53 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Last edited by TombTitan on 23 Oct 2019 08:46, edited 1 time in total.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 23 Oct 2019 07:58

Suzanne, here are the next 3 savegames leading to the wood piece. I already moved the pushable to the correct tile to have both the right and left gates open (this is only possible after the first lava room timed run and using the jump switch there). I also got the uzis in the main room which were overlooked earlier in the video walkthrough when starting this area.

Savegame 4 is after using the high wall jump switch in the pillar room. Note the colored symbols high on the left wall which are the clues to the burning floor room puzzle.
savegame.4
(36.51 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Savegame 5 is at the crowbar door in the lava room after the second timed trapdoor run. Open the crowbar door and use the switch to start a timed run via the ceiling monkey swing there to run to the right gate room at the pushable and get into the last door there opened by that switch.
savegame.5
(36.61 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Savegame 6 is after the timed run and Lara is in the room where the wood piece is under the skeleton. Note the screen text at the start of the savegame which is the clue as to where to dig with the shovel when you have it after the upcoming scorpion battle later in this level.
savegame.6
(36.63 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Suzanne, you will now need to do the following to get to the next level:
Pick up the wood piece and use the wall switch twice to open the door. Go back to the room downstairs after the symbol tile rows to get to the open door. Use the timed switch to go through the inner gate to the push button. Use that to open the gate at the ground level in the rope area.

I know you follow the video walkthrough, but you forgot to use that push button before the lava room as the video walkthrough did (but actually the builder intended it to be done last after the lava room anyway).

Go back over the symbol tiles after using the push button and down the tall ladder to the flaming corridor. Go through and down to the ground. Go in the now open gate (gate shuts behind you) and get all pickups. Go to the end of the corridor to go down (no going back up) to the big bad scorpion. It will take awhile to kill it, but it can be done just with pistols so don't waste ammo on it (ignore the video walkthrough ammo use). You need to keep going on the same rocks to avoid the scorpion and shoot it, but you will have to go back down lots of times to lure it to you.

After the scorpion is dead, go for the secret and get the blade from the ladder area to make an improved shovel. Find the place to dig to get the canopic jar and then go to the door to get to level 2.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 23 Oct 2019 08:59

Suzanne, if you prefer to skip most of the steps after finding the wood piece to get to the open gate, here is a savegame at the end of the flaming corridor. Just drop down and go through the open gate which will shut behind you. Get all pickups and proceed down the steep cliff to the big bad scorpion.

Good luck with the rest of the game.
savegame.7
(36.63 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 23 Oct 2019 21:02

What opened the gate to the scorpion? I want to kill that thing! Is it something timed? Because my gate is closed. I forgot the about the walk thru, will read. Oopsy...not out yet :blush: NVM I downloaded the save thanks for letting me kill him :2thumbsup:

astromike1

Post by astromike1 » 27 Oct 2019 00:30

I finally found Dig location for the Canopic Jar in the Scorpion Cave:
Go to the colored door with Osiris picture on it.
Turn right, run down off this mound & continue clockwise until you come to another mound that's not quite against the wall.
Just pass this mound, by the pillar in the shade is the dig spot. Good Luck!

Ref: " You dig with the shovel where there is a light from the sky. Very confusing to find this place to dig near a pillar.
Once you dig, the exit door will open."