Ranpyon _ The Dragon Pearl-Mountains

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

TombTitan

Re: Ranpyon _ The Dragon Pearl-Mountains

Post by TombTitan » 28 Apr 2019 23:27

Suzanne, I can't send a savegame because Ranpyon is using the same game engine approach as Psiko's HyperSquare (i.e. large savegames, etc.). I can only use trle.net to load saves.

However, you can probably make it if you create 2 savegames on the way up. There is enough time to do that if you use F5 fast, and move immediately on reload. Save on the third or so platform, and also the one 2 platforms down from the top. I did that and it was possible to make it with a number of tries. It is not easy, and this is definitely the worst part of the first level besides that awful target shoot in the tree which you need to be told exists. (It is nearly impossible to reliably make that timed run in one attempt without breaking it up since you can't see where you are going.)

Contrary to what Ranpyon thinks, it was not possible to download the revised game version from dropbox due to some file creation problem on dropbox.

Good luck!

Ranpyon

Post by Ranpyon » 28 Apr 2019 23:34

TombTitan wrote:
28 Apr 2019 23:27
and this is definitely the worst part of the first level besides that awful target shoot in the tree which you need to be told exists.
Yeah, for this reason I've released the new version: in this way not only the object is more bright, but Lara also looks towards it, so now is impossible not to spot it. :)
TombTitan wrote:
28 Apr 2019 23:27
Contrary to what Ranpyon thinks, it was not possible to download the revised game version from dropbox due to some file creation problem on dropbox.
Which problem? Blu from Aspidetr and Teone were able to download that file without problems, and I've tried by myself to download it from my father's pc (he hasn't Dropbox, and it's not necessary to make a DB account for downloading it). I'm trying just now... and it works without problems. :anxious: So, what kind of problem do you have exactly? Do you get an error message?

Anyway, if anyone finds/faces some kind of problem with the download, I will be really grateful if he/she could let me know: if for me it works, I can't imagine that for someone else it doesn't work as well... And I keep on going peacefully thinking that it is all ok, but instead it's not so and I don't know it: if nobody tells me, how can I know it? But if I know, I could even provide a solution, if I'm able to. I'm always available to help if I can, I tend to meet players' requests, so I really appreciate some kind of collaboration. Thanks for the attention! :heart:

@SuzanneJack: I suspect that the big savegame is due to the savegame panel (that uses also a screenshot of every savegame), because otherwise I haven't done anything different about savegames. I can suggest you to upload them in an online temporary storage service, or if you prefer you can send it to me by PM on Aspidetr, or by email (too bad that this forum doesn't support .zip files... is there anything that Michael can do about this?).
Anyway the method suggested by TombTitan is not bad at all... I've also used it sometimes.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 29 Apr 2019 00:49

FYI, it still does not work on dropbox as most files on dropbox will work. Perhaps it is the mirror site used by dropbox in my part of the world. I just checked it again before this post.

What shows on dropbox is a directory of the zip files. The download button on dropbox does not work, nor does using the "save target" windows feature. This does not happen on files posted by other people.

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 29 Apr 2019 01:38

Please don't worry guys... I am the only one that can't do it. I was having such a great time whit this level that I knew it would come to some thing I couldn't do soon or later ( too much fun for me) that means a no finish for me. It's not a hard timed thing, it's my brain and hands disorder. I just love this level and I'm not good enough :(. I'll try again in the future. :cry: I'm not doing well with mobility.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 29 Apr 2019 06:39

TombTitan wrote:
29 Apr 2019 00:49
FYI, it still does not work on dropbox as most files on dropbox will work.
look here
Attachments
r2.jpg

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 29 Apr 2019 08:05

Vimmers, I know all about that. As I said, that does NOT work for this file. It does for every other file.

Anyway, I finished the game with the existing trle zipfile, so this is now a moot issue.

Christian

Post by Christian » 29 Apr 2019 08:17

I pushed the vase and went up to the roof via the rope. On the other side of the pagoda I find nothing to do, using the zip-line and killing the dragon doesn't make sense without the key.
Any hint?

@Ranpyon: Thanks for this great game!

EDIT: NVM.... Made it over the wall....

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 29 Apr 2019 12:53

TombTitan wrote:
29 Apr 2019 08:05
Vimmers, I know all about that. As I said, that does NOT work for this file. It does for every other file.

Anyway, I finished the game with the existing trle zipfile, so this is now a moot issue.
i know you finished the game i saw your trophy tread
but still can't figure out your problem with dropbox
do u use a script or popupblocker
i use scriptsafe

and can you please show me a pic of the site you first come to

Ranpyon

Post by Ranpyon » 29 Apr 2019 19:26

TombTitan wrote:
29 Apr 2019 08:05
Yes, but it could happen to other users too, so I'd like to understand where the problem is (at least until Michael doesn't update the file here). For example, are you able to download this file? https://www.dropbox.com/s/fe0pf0pflnvur ... 4.jpg?dl=0 (it's just a photo of one of my cats)
SuzanneJack wrote:
29 Apr 2019 01:38
Please don't worry guys... I am the only one that can't do it. I was having such a great time whit this level that I knew it would come to some thing I couldn't do soon or later ( too much fun for me) that means a no finish for me. It's not a hard timed thing, it's my brain and hands disorder. I just love this level and I'm not good enough :(. I'll try again in the future. :cry: I'm not doing well with mobility.
Please, don't say this! :wink: If you like this game, it's a pity to renounce (but this applies also to other games, not only this one). Come on, send me a savegame by email (you can find my email address in my author profile)! I will be happy to make the timed run for you (and this is the only timed run, by the way). :balloon:

@Christian: Thank you for playing it! :2thumbsup:

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 29 Apr 2019 20:21

Sent it Ranpyon :)

Ranpyon

Post by Ranpyon » 29 Apr 2019 20:44

Ok, I've replied with the solved timed run :D

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 29 Apr 2019 22:56

Ranpyon wrote:
29 Apr 2019 20:44
Ok, I've replied with the solved timed run :D
:2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :D

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 30 Apr 2019 06:25

Ranpyon:
I downloaded your updated game version from aspidetr.com to see what you changed in the first level. Why did you make the change which now requires all players to use the trampoline which can only be seen if you use a flare in a place you wouldn't think of using a flare? The first game version (which also has the trampoline) was easier to get to where you want to go by using the walls and a left backflip (if you can't find the trampoline). Now that latter technique is no longer possible due to a wall change.

Also savegames from the first version no longer work in the updated game for the first level, however saves from the Izumo River level will also work in the updated version.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 30 Apr 2019 06:35

I was able to get the cat picture by a direct dropbox download, but that is not a good test because there are multiple ways to download a picture. On the updated game, Dropbox hangs up after the forced registration pop-up, and does not want to pop-down the download button to get a direct download option for the game because you are using a folder rather than a zip or rar file. However, with a lot of fiddling it did work for this cat picture.

However, I suggest you abandon this dropbox approach for the game because it is currently available on Aspidetr.com and anyone can download the game from aspidetr.com (unlike the levelbase) or treditor.hu.

Other players who have posted saves, games, etc. on dropbox have used zip or rar files.

Part of the problem is dropbox itself, because it wants to force people to register or pay money, and they harass as long as they can. Dropbox is also notorious for malware problems.

EDIT: It has been suggested to use zip files for large savegames, which is currently not allowed on trle.net.
Note that a savegame from "The Dragon Pearl" is 936 kb. If this file is put in a standard zipfile, it is only reduced to 613 kb. The freeware program 7-Zip will reduce it further to 489 kb in a 7z file. However, this is still much larger than the file size limitation on trle.net.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 30 Apr 2019 07:39

TombTitan wrote:
30 Apr 2019 06:35

EDIT: It has been suggested to use zip files for large savegames, which is currently not allowed on trle.net.
Note that a savegame from "The Dragon Pearl" is 936 kb. If this file is put in a standard zipfile, it is only reduced to 613 kb. The freeware program 7-Zip will reduce it further to 489 kb in a 7z file. However, this is still much larger than the file size limitation on trle.net.
i use 7zip and it zip it to 360kb
and my friend i still want to see how your pages looks like compared to mine
so please upload some pictures/screenshoots of your dropbox
cos i believe that everyone see the same page at start of dropbox
and it's only the language there probably differ