Max - Above the Horizon - The Shelter

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

STEPH50

Max - Above the Horizon - The Shelter

Post by STEPH50 » 12 Apr 2019 11:56

Hello stuck there missing one mushroom to finish the mission :angry: :? :(
I do not have enough coins to buy the keys so no progress ? Please help …….. :roll:

PedroTheGamer

Re: Max - Above the Horizon - The Shelter

Post by PedroTheGamer » 12 Apr 2019 18:40

you need to buy that box with pieces to open the door that you find in the first level, the object and you make the Ferris wheel turn crap (you need activated one switch) so the vendor will give you a gun that you will need. .. You have to complete one of the missions X or Y that gives you so you can get enough coins to buy (in my case I did the X) I hope I have helped.
I'm actually happy to be here, but so many projects, that I hardly know which one to start / finish, any idea? :roll:

STEPH50

Post by STEPH50 » 12 Apr 2019 22:17

PedroTheGamer wrote:
12 Apr 2019 18:40
you need to buy that box with pieces to open the door that you find in the first level, the object and you make the Ferris wheel turn crap (you need activated one switch) so the vendor will give you a gun that you will need. .. You have to complete one of the missions X or Y that gives you so you can get enough coins to buy (in my case I did the X) I hope I have helped.
Unfortunately not because one mushroom missing so not enough coins to buy :angry: :?

PedroTheGamer

Post by PedroTheGamer » 12 Apr 2019 22:50

idk way of ''Y'' because i played x i play and re-try here :)
I'm actually happy to be here, but so many projects, that I hardly know which one to start / finish, any idea? :roll:

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 13 Apr 2019 00:58

To get all 10 mushrooms, you must go everywhere (except inside the warehouse which is for the rat quest). You need to go to all rooms, go in water, crawl in holes and walls, squeeze between bars, climb up to the top via ladders and make jumps across rooms also using poles. The last one is just before the floor collapse leading to the crypt.

STEPH50

Post by STEPH50 » 13 Apr 2019 09:34

TombTitan wrote:
13 Apr 2019 00:58
To get all 10 mushrooms, you must go everywhere (except inside the warehouse which is for the rat quest). You need to go to all rooms, go in water, crawl in holes and walls, squeeze between bars, climb up to the top via ladders and make jumps across rooms also using poles. The last one is just before the floor collapse leading to the crypt.
OK well this last one mushroom where is it ?? no sign of any floor collapse to me ???? :cry: :angry:

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 13 Apr 2019 10:37

Depending on how you play and how much you backtrack, the last mushroom can actually be any of the 10 mushrooms.

However, the floor collapses after you find the door where the lockpick is used. A mushroom is nearby before you get to that door. Lara is sent down to the crypt after the floor collapses. You reach this area of the lockpick door by sliding down a wooden ramp and jumping to the wall crawlspace from the upper ledges of the shelter area. Lara goes in that crawlspace and drops down. You will then find this mushroom and the lockpick door by wandering around this new area after the crawlspace, and then the floor will collapse when you try to go back out to the crawlspace.

The level is basically the same whether you go for mushrooms or the rat quest. The rat quest gives you the most areas to explore (the warehouse area is only in the rat quest), but maybe less money or ammo. The rat quest can also be the quickest way through the level and does not require backtracking to get the fifth secret (as the mushroom quest often does).

You must explore everywhere because you need to use three valves to turn off the 3 gas jets to enter the passage that leads to the place where Lara can climb to the upper ledges and get to the wooden ramp and high wall crawlspace.

Without a series of maps, or a detailed walkthrough, it is not possible to state exactly where every mushroom is located. This could be done by giving 10 savegames at the places where the mushrooms are, but I am not going to spend hours making those savegames. The builder should do that!

I suggest you watch Doggett's walkthrough video on youtube.com to see if he looked for mushrooms instead of the rat quest. I have NOT watched that video so I don't know if it is useful. However, it will show where the crawlspace and lockpick door are located, as well as the collapse of the floor.

STEPH50

Post by STEPH50 » 13 Apr 2019 11:41

TombTitan wrote:
13 Apr 2019 10:37
Depending on how you play and how much you backtrack, the last mushroom can actually be any of the 10 mushrooms.

However, the floor collapses after you find the door where the lockpick is used. A mushroom is nearby before you get to that door. Lara is sent down to the crypt after the floor collapses. You reach this area of the lockpick door by sliding down a wooden ramp and jumping to the wall crawlspace from the upper ledges of the shelter area. Lara goes in that crawlspace and drops down. You will then find this mushroom and the lockpick door by wandering around this new area after the crawlspace, and then the floor will collapse when you try to go back out to the crawlspace.

The level is basically the same whether you go for mushrooms or the rat quest. The rat quest gives you the most areas to explore (the warehouse area is only in the rat quest), but maybe less money or ammo. The rat quest can also be the quickest way through the level and does not require backtracking to get the fifth secret (as the mushroom quest often does).

You must explore everywhere because you need to use three valves to turn off the 3 gas jets to enter the passage that leads to the place where Lara can climb to the upper ledges and get to the wooden ramp and high wall crawlspace.

Without a series of maps, or a detailed walkthrough, it is not possible to state exactly where every mushroom is located. This could be done by giving 10 savegames at the places where the mushrooms are, but I am not going to spend hours making those savegames. The builder should do that!

I suggest you watch Doggett's walkthrough video on youtube.com to see if he looked for mushrooms instead of the rat quest. I have NOT watched that video so I don't know if it is useful. However, it will show where the crawlspace and lockpick door are located, as well as the collapse of the floor.
Thank you very much for your complete reply :angel: :idea: i will try again everywhere . :2thumbsup:

DoggettTV

Post by DoggettTV » 13 Apr 2019 12:09

TombTitan wrote:
13 Apr 2019 10:37

Thanks ^^ and yes! I did both quests ^^