LB Advent Calendar 2018 - tombraiderxii - Croftmas Manor

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Phil
Mod
Mod

Re: LB Advent Calendar 2018 - tombraiderxii - Croftmas Manor

Post by Phil » 31 Dec 2018 18:35

Players whine, builders whine, everybody whines. It's part of life. Happy New Year!

Mulf

Post by Mulf » 31 Dec 2018 19:05

Hi-di-ho chop-chop throatwobbler mangrove!

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 31 Dec 2018 20:34

Mulf wrote:
31 Dec 2018 16:56
There may have been harder sequences in original TR, but my understanding is that Christmas levels are expected to be on the softer side; and are also rated higher by default. It’s that ‘Christmas spirit’ thing. I don’t get it either.
You gotta be kidding. No, I really hope you didn't mean it seriously. Didn't you notice enemies skipped in this one and hints provided in every room to make puzzles easier. Didn't you notice extra seconds given for timed runs. And this remark in reviews about "need for better betatesting" is another slap in the face. It's just like always, we fix 300 errors, you pick one error we missed and downrate the game for it. I once was on your side but it has changed within the past year, so you can keep the new year wish to yourself because it will be even worse than the past one, since more and more builders get demotivated and consider quitting because of this notorious crap from you.
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

sandy2

Post by sandy2 » 01 Jan 2019 01:33

Thank you so much, Dutchy !

Mulf

Post by Mulf » 02 Jan 2019 16:14

DJ Full wrote:
31 Dec 2018 20:34
You gotta be kidding. No, I really hope you didn't mean it seriously. Didn't you notice [...]
Whoa, hold your horses, Jim-Bob! Didn’t you notice I haven’t actually reviewed the level in question, nor uttered a single peep about it (or any other level, for that matter)? I haven’t even played it. I was merely reminding you of the general consensus that has emerged over the years vis-à-vis Christmas levels (not that you really needed it). It’s okay though; you obviously needed to vent a grudge you appear to have been nursing. I hear it’s bad to keep stewing in a broth of resentment, so if there’s more where that came from, bring it on. Or don’t, which I guess is the option that the administration of this site would prefer. Either way, I’ll follow up my “notorious crap” at my leisure, just as I’m sure you’ll follow up yours.
Happy new year!

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 03 Jan 2019 00:39

Wasn't talking this precisely against you, rather against the trend - because just like you noticed the "general trend" with xmas levels being overrated, I noticed the "general trend" with levels which suffer beyond necessity.
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 03 Jan 2019 20:39

Phil wrote:
31 Dec 2018 18:35
Players whine, builders whine, everybody whines. It's part of life. Happy New Year!
The well spoken words of a wise man. :)

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 04 Jan 2019 12:28

DJ Full wrote:
31 Dec 2018 12:35
Sorry but you people are really whining. There's nothing "nasty" in this level.
There were harder sequences in original TR, yet you made it because you tried.
It's really horribly demotivating when we put effort into making a gift for you,
yet we're accused of being "mean" each time you guys fail to execute a move.
No whining here (except in a nice glass). But not everyone can handle a jump like that easily, I hated moves like that in the original TR too and certainly if there's absolutely no need to use the double jump (in this level)