JesseG - The Wolf Pack - Part2

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

JesseG - The Wolf Pack - Part2

Post by Jorge22 » 03 Sep 2018 19:02

Something about the new moves. Or old-ish, not sure.

Think of that timed run to get to a door just above in a place where the wolf has to jump from a waterfall. The he goes into a crawlspace, always being timed. As I understood, I should be pressing the sprint key (-) to make him get there in time while he's crouching. The problem is nothing happens if press the sprint key. Any ideas?

And a different thing now that we're at it... It happens quite often that I have to use Task Manager to finally get the game to start because it freezes before starting. Then, I get the Task Manager in huge letters. Well, I've been managing after a few tries. But has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks.

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: JesseG - The Wolf Pack - Part2

Post by Ryan » 03 Sep 2018 20:52

I don't know about the freezing issue, Jorge, but are you sure that the sprint function isn't assigned to the "/" key rather than the "-" key? That might be the reason.

nad

Post by nad » 03 Sep 2018 22:11

Jorge22
Are you sure you are playing with the right character?
Only danny (the grey wolf) can roll to be faster while crouching ("-")

TheBoo

Post by TheBoo » 03 Sep 2018 22:15

What's the pattern for the tiles that change when you step on them and get on overhead view. I can't keep it straight in my head which tile changes the others.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 04 Sep 2018 00:13

I did that by insisting. It opens the door nearby.

Yes, I'm playing with the grey wolf. I don't know, I always had a few - just a few - issues with whatever it may be in how the keyboard's configured...

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 04 Sep 2018 01:43

TheBoo wrote:
03 Sep 2018 22:15
What's the pattern for the tiles that change when you step on them and get on overhead view. I can't keep it straight in my head which tile changes the others.
Stepping on a tile toggles that tile and any orthaginally adjacent tiles (any tiles side-by-side, but not diagnol).
Jorge22 wrote:
03 Sep 2018 19:02
Something about the new moves. Or old-ish, not sure.

Think of that timed run to get to a door just above in a place where the wolf has to jump from a waterfall. The he goes into a crawlspace, always being timed. As I understood, I should be pressing the sprint key (-) to make him get there in time while he's crouching. The problem is nothing happens if press the sprint key. Any ideas?
Make sure you are facing a good angle. If you are angled too much toward a wall it will sadly not trigger, so straighten yourself out as much as you can.

And just to make sure: this is for crouching not crawling. You should not be on all hands and knees.
And a different thing now that we're at it... It happens quite often that I have to use Task Manager to finally get the game to start because it freezes before starting.

Thanks.
I’ve encountered this with several levels and I always thought it was just my computer. The tomb4.exe just takes forever (several minutes) to launch on the first attempt, but it works right away after cancelling from task manager and trying again. I’ve never found a fix for this, I’m assuming it is related to TRNG as I don’t think I’ve seen it for levels not using it.

Doggett D. McDogg

Post by Doggett D. McDogg » 04 Sep 2018 03:48

I playing with all your Wolf games!! ^^
I love all your furry characters <3 Luke, Danny and Johnny <3
The story is finished? :(

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 04 Sep 2018 05:24

Doggett D. McDogg wrote:
04 Sep 2018 03:48
I playing with all your Wolf games!! ^^
I love all your furry characters <3 Luke, Danny and Johnny <3
The story is finished? :(
I’m glad you enjoyed it. :) Yes it is finished, at least for now. I could see a prequel happening at some point though.

STEPH50

Post by STEPH50 » 05 Sep 2018 11:32

hello I am stuck very early in this level and no way to progress. I am in the laboratory but no key to put on both sides walls?? I cannot swim through the tunnel and the big wheels despite I have got a key to stop current but where?? Any suggest please !!?? :idea: :hammer:

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 05 Sep 2018 14:26

Sounds like you need to find a lever to pull in order to swim past the giant fan. The lever is in the large lake with many trees, look for the metal.

STEPH50

Post by STEPH50 » 05 Sep 2018 14:31

JesseG wrote:
05 Sep 2018 14:26
Sounds like you need to find a lever to pull in order to swim past the giant fan. The lever is in the large lake with many trees, look for the metal.
I did find this lever and use it but still one giant fan in action impossible to progress in the tunnel and in particular at the bottom of it to reach a passage ??? do I need an other lever??? thanks for your help :?

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 05 Sep 2018 14:33

Underwater lever

STEPH50

Post by STEPH50 » 05 Sep 2018 14:50

Dutchy wrote:
05 Sep 2018 14:33
Underwater lever
sorry understood but one or too underwater lever ? because already done for the first and that is not enough ???

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 05 Sep 2018 16:21

STEPH50 wrote:
05 Sep 2018 14:31
JesseG wrote:
I did find this lever and use it but still one giant fan in action impossible to progress in the tunnel and in particular at the bottom of it to reach a passage ??? do I need an other lever??? thanks for your help :?
That passage is a secret. You will need to pull the lever a second time and find a different way to reach the tunnel. You can reach the secret when the current goes the other direction.

STEPH50

Post by STEPH50 » 05 Sep 2018 16:45

JesseG wrote:
05 Sep 2018 16:21
STEPH50 wrote:
05 Sep 2018 14:31
JesseG wrote:
That passage is a secret. You will need to pull the lever a second time and find a different way to reach the tunnel. You can reach the secret when the current goes the other direction.
ok i did the lever twice but impossible to return on the other side of the tunnel via the yellow cab ....!!! :hammer: