Osvaldo - The Temple of Seth - Dentro del Octaedro

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

TombTitan

Osvaldo - The Temple of Seth - Dentro del Octaedro

Post by TombTitan » 29 Jun 2018 11:43

In the early part of this level, the timed switch to open the gate above at the fire emitter seems pointless. You can get to behind the gate from the open door, and Lara can climb up to the ledges opposite where the reach-in switch is that will raise a platform. Thus a timed run through the open door and pass through the gate before it closes to jump to those ledges is redundant and unnecessary (and the reverse path is useless).

is there any other purpose to this timed switch? I don't think Lara can go back here after using the sands of time and going through the opened machine door.

Still haven't found a cartouche. I am guessing that Lara will go back to the cartouche slot (if that is true) by climbing up the passage under the closed trapdoor at the start of El submundo, and this will happen in the final level of this hub arc of levels. This will probably be an alternate path for pickups, secrets in another level, or different challenges like QRS's Egypt and Beyond. But this is just a guess.

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: Osvaldo - The Temple of Seth - Dentro del Octaedro

Post by José » 29 Jun 2018 12:13

I never found another purpose for that timed switch.
I think that's the intended way to reach the higher ledges, even if you found an alternative way to go up.

After you use the hourglass, I think there's not a way to go back to the first areas, but the secrets to find in this level are located in later areas so I think there's no need to go back there.

Finished this level, and the next one too (desierto del submundo), and still couldn't find the cartouche or any other way to return to "la camara de arena" level where the receptacle is. :?

Missed, at least, a secret in the last level, so I'll open a new thread...

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 29 Jun 2018 14:17

I just reached the portal that starts the desert level. I have missed one secret in the dentro level. I got the one at the base of the ramps where the guardian key is picked up. That is the easiest secret in the entire game so far, If there was a second secret anywhere in the level before opening the machine door to get to the block portal, please let me know.

I did find the way back to El Octahedro and thus El Submundo and La camara de arena. At the area where you place the guardian key to open the machine door to the block portal (and opposite is the room with the deadly tiles and mummies) there is a door to a passage with a sand blocked exit. The floor lever that opens the door to the mummy room also causes an earthquake. This removes the sand that blocks that passageway and Lara can freely go back to the starting point of the level or the breakaway tile run area (but that is a dead end). However, I haven't found a cartouche, so there is no reason to go back yet.

There are 2 portal blocks. The yellow one doesn't work. I suspect that is the return portal (but from where?). I agree that the desert level is the end of this arc. So something must happen in the desert level, and you said in the other thread that you missed a secret.

Again I am missing a secret in this (Dentro) level. Is it obtained after finding the portal to the desert level, or must I go back and where? If it is during the breakaway tile area, I never saw anything that gave a clue. Please advise. Thank you.

P.S. I have to stop playing the game and all games for the remainder of the summer after Monday for personal obligations.

EDIT: I found the second secret---the high crawlspace grenade gun secret.

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 04 Sep 2018 01:40

Will some one get me through this room please :bomb:
savegame.0
(15.58 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter