Osvaldo - The Temple of Seth - La camara de arena

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

TombTitan

Osvaldo - The Temple of Seth - La camara de arena

Post by TombTitan » 28 Jun 2018 15:36

1. What does the wall switch in the room to the side of the start of the spiked sand area do? Should it be pulled or not since it does not seem to have any effect on this area to get to the wall symbols room behind the window grate near the start of the level.

2. Is there a cartouche in this level, and if so, where is it? [There is a slot for one.]

3. How do you open the high trapdoor with a partial ladder that needs a pushable to get to it (above the corner in the side room near the pushable puzzle for the switch that reveals a crawlspace in the sand to the crowbar lever that opens the machine door that ends the level)?

I assume the cartouche and trapdoor are related and involve the second secret.

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: Osvaldo - The Temple of Seth - La camara de arena

Post by José » 28 Jun 2018 16:29

Notice that the switch in the small room with the sarcophagus and two vases can be pulled only once. If you pull it you'll miss the second secret.
In fact, if you pull that switch, the trapdoor in the room with the movable blocks you're talking about closes, so don't pull it and when you get there the trapdoor will be open and you can get the secret.

About the cartouche, I couldn't find any cartouche in this level. :dunno:
I assume I could find it in next levels and go back here, but no idea. :dunno:

There is also another issue in this level I couldn't understand: in the room with the second secret there is a wall switch, when you pull it the only change I noticed was some falling sand flowing in the room with the receptacle for that cartouche, but nothing more so I decided to pull this last switch in the secret room, just in case, and jump to the next level. :huh:

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 28 Jun 2018 16:39

Thanks Jose.

I figured that switch was the problem and I have been replaying the latter part of the game to get to the trapdoor without having pulled that switch (since before you posted your reply). I am now at the multiple ladder climb so I will soon know.

Also the floor lever that disables the spikes can be pulled a second time and does not reactivate the spikes. Perhaps that is also involved. I did that do. I'll see what happens.

P.S. In the room with the cartouche slot, 2 of the walls have darker panels if you use a flare. That may mean something.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 28 Jun 2018 19:26

Jose, I got to the next level and there is a gate there which if it opens will allow access back to the sand chamber level. The machine door does not close as it did at the end of the abyss. There is probably a portal (or such) in the underworld level to get to the room behind the gate if Lara finds a cartouche. We will find out.

The question remaining is what to do about that switch that blocks the second secret if pulled before going to the Underworld level. That switch can be used after getting the secret and perhaps it does something. Should it be pulled before starting the Underworld level or after the return to the cartouche area (or never used). That is a puzzling question because it depends on what parts of the sand chamber level will be closed off. I tested this after getting the secret and nothing happened, so pulling it after the secret does not yield the cartouche anywhere before going to the Underworld.

On the other hand, that gate at the start of the Underworld level may only be opened IF you had used the cartouche in the sand chamber.

Since the sand in the cartouche room is activated in a secret room, this entire cartouche scenario probably involves a secret in an upcoming level.

Perhaps you should e-mail Osvaldo about this if Lara does not return to the sand chamber by the end of the four underworld levels. At the moment, the sand chamber level seems to be similar to the Islands of the Underworld level in having a return passage already present, but it is not a hub level.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 28 Jun 2018 22:07

Compared to the last few levels, the 2 secrets in "El submundo" are easy to get.

I made it through the portal to "El octahedro". I haven't found a cartouche yet, but I still have a closed trapdoor in the room at the start of the "El submundo" level, and I need a guardian key for one of buildings.

It is easy to get back to "La camara de arena" from both of the above levels which are linked together by the portal.

I don't know if the 2 future levels (based on the secrets list), "Dentro del octaedro" and "Desierto del submundo" are part of this hub group.