Osvaldo - The Temple of Seth - La puerta de tres llaves

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

TombTitan

Osvaldo - The Temple of Seth - La puerta de tres llaves

Post by TombTitan » 25 Jun 2018 20:34

After using the three cartouches, the machine door opens. Lara enters an area with 9 rooms and floor platforms having one of 5 symbols and one of 4 color lights on the ceiling. There are no clues as to what the combinations of light colors, platform symbols or tiny black squares on the lights mean. If Lara moves by the direction indicated by the black squares, nothing happens. Sometimes the light flashes, but there doesn't seem to be a pattern to follow. There is a black floor block in the room with the red light, but it does not raise or lower. There are no switches, etc. Lara cannot shoot the lights. And the pesky bats are quite a nuisance. Speed runs on the platforms don't help either. What is the solution? Otherwise the game has come to an end.

EDIT: After a few more random tries of running in any direction, I got the floor block to lower and made it to the switch to cause the earthquake. I seem to have gotten most of the lights to flash, but I have no idea why. I would really like to know what the intended non-random solution to that puzzle is.

TombTitan

Re: Osvaldo - The Temple of Seth - La puerta de tres llaves

Post by TombTitan » 26 Jun 2018 08:20

I finished what I think is the end of this level by reaching "El abissimo" (The Abyss). I never saw any closed gates or blocks, or crawlspaces, in the "door with three keys" level, nor does there seem to be a way back (or need to go back). Yet there is supposed to be 1 secret. I checked everywhere there before and after the flooding and earthquake. Where is the secret?

I have a strange feeling that the secret is similar to one of Colin Benson's levels in that the secret is action-oriented depending upon what is done with enemies or speedruns. If so, I think it involves the mummies and the earthquake. Is that true? [I cannot test it after playing most of the game.]

Also, I have lots of stuff left undone in the "Towers of the Underworld" and "Islands of the Underworld" levels, including getting the 3 secrets there which I am certain I know where 2 of them are because a trapdoor opened with a switch, and a pathway can be seen for another. Does the game go back there after starting "The Abyss"?

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 26 Jun 2018 09:18

TombTitan wrote:
25 Jun 2018 20:34
EDIT: After a few more random tries of running in any direction, I got the floor block to lower and made it to the switch to cause the earthquake. I seem to have gotten most of the lights to flash, but I have no idea why. I would really like to know what the intended non-random solution to that puzzle is.
No idea if there's a logical solution to this puzzle. What I did was randomly run onto the orange tiles until I noticed a flashing light, then randomly run onto the remaining tiles until I notice another flashing light, etc.
The only help is that you never need to run again onto that tiles so the remaining tiles are less and every time you find the next flashing light there are less tiles to look for...
The only "hint" I found was that once you found one of that flashing tiles, the next one has the same picture on it so, if you start with the middle tile in W side ("II" picture) you must look for another tile with the same picture (the one in the NE corner), and so on with the "OA" tiles, the "scarab tiles"... but the search for the next trigger tile was totally random for me. :?
TombTitan wrote:
26 Jun 2018 08:20
I finished what I think is the end of this level by reaching "El abissimo" (The Abyss). I never saw any closed gates or blocks, or crawlspaces, in the "door with three keys" level, nor does there seem to be a way back (or need to go back). Yet there is supposed to be 1 secret. I checked everywhere there before and after the flooding and earthquake. Where is the secret?

I have a strange feeling that the secret is similar to one of Colin Benson's levels in that the secret is action-oriented depending upon what is done with enemies or speedruns. If so, I think it involves the mummies and the earthquake. Is that true? [I cannot test it after playing most of the game.]
I missed the secret in that level too, and I think it's located behind the crawlspace in the room with the timed sequences, next to the room where I got the torch, but since I couldn't go back there when the rooms were flooded, I think I've missed a teleport somewhere... :?
TombTitan wrote:
26 Jun 2018 08:20

Also, I have lots of stuff left undone in the "Towers of the Underworld" and "Islands of the Underworld" levels, including getting the 3 secrets there which I am certain I know where 2 of them are because a trapdoor opened with a switch, and a pathway can be seen for another. Does the game go back there after starting "The Abyss"?
If you got all three cartouches, I don't think you missed lots of stuff in that levels.
I found the two secrets in the "islands" level, but I also missed the secret in the "4 towers" level (I think the secret you are talking about) because there is only the top of one of the towers I never visited. Because there is an arch in front of that tower, I think that secret could be found using another teleport... :?

About the "Abyss" level, I'm currently playing it so I can't know if the game will jump back to previous levels, but IMHO I think NOT.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 26 Jun 2018 13:13

Thanks Jose.

I thought that tile room run puzzle must be multiple solutions (random based on player actions). The way you described it is the process that seems to work, but not easily, and you have to run around tediously a lot until the triggers happen.

Rather than continue playing the Abyss level where I opened up a gate after using the cartouche (and also getting the first secret), I will probably go back to the islands level now before flooding the door level because I am sure I missed some minor things since you said you got both secrets, and I never saw anything that would lead to them in the tower, fire or water levels. I had been checking all the switches, floors, walls, etc.

In the Islands level, I was never able to raise the trapdoor on the side of the building where the last cartouche is, and the switch there must do something. Also, I could never get on the blue water floating platform with the moving spike balls because of the flame tiles in front (maybe that is a red herring). I am not sure if Lara is supposed to jump on any of the floating multi-colored diamond shaped rocks. I also could not get the flame on the tile to stop in front of the crawlspace in the last lava room of the islands level opposite the wall with the gate leading back to the door level to use the cartouches and flood it.

Obviously, it is necessary to climb the outside walls of that fourth tower, use the visible levers and switches there, and get to the top of the tower with the Egyptian statues inside because the trapdoor on the roof leading to the room below above the large grating has already opened. And it must be from the teleport portal next to it which was either missed or comes sometime later in the game.

I don't know what you mean by a crawlspace in the room with the timed runs. I assume you mean the sloping exit ramp on the wall from a room above which seems to have a door/gate in it. There is no way into that except by swimming or using "dozy" if that were possible, or by teleporting there. Perhaps the teleport is from a future level rather than one of the hub sublevels.

The teleports seem to be from the starting level to the sublevel (or to a level parallel to the starting level like the scorpion and column teleports). Thus I assume the access to the "door with 3 keys" inaccessible room is from a future level like the Abyss or later one (or missed previously from the Islands level).

Perhaps you should contact Osvaldo to get the answer to that if that is possible.

So that I don't waste a lot of time would you please tell me where the 2 secrets in the Islands of the Underworld level are. [It was very easy to get distracted, and forget things, in that level due to the constant level changes and the extreme time-consuming puzzles of the fire and water levels, all taking several days to play.] I assume one secret is where that tile has a flame in front of the crawlspace.

Thanks again.

EDIT: I went back to a savegame in the Islands of the Underworld level just before using the guardian keys to open the gate to the cartouche (so that I wouldn't set any closing triggers). I did the rolling spikes floating platform and got on the tile that set a flame. (I didn't realize Lara could jump to the corners of those floating flame tiles.) I then went back to the level start lava rooms and got the grenade secret in the crawlspace which I knew about. Now I've gone back to the Islands of the Underworld to see what else I missed (1 secret and maybe a portal) between the different tower level jumps. I have forgotten most of the pathways because of the very long sublevels between the Islands hub level (a hub within a hub---Islands and Door with 3 Keys). There are 2 or 3 more future Underworld levels, and maybe they have a hidden passage back to the tower (or door with 3 keys level), but as you say, probably not.

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 26 Jun 2018 18:35

Yes, when you step onto that coloured tile in the platform whith the rolling balls the fire stops in the room with the fiery floor next to the exit, and that's one of the two secrets in the floating islands level.

The remaining secret is in that area too:
Before you fight with the series of trapdoors going up and down you start from a yellow floating tile. When you jump onto that tile look to your right to see a block rising in the stone building. This block is timed so after you are success with the trapdoors, don't stop but go inside the building and from the E exit ignore the timed trapdoor and take a standing jump to the ledge to your right, quickly run around the corner, climb the timed block and jump to grab the edge of the roof, shimmy left and around the corner...

About the secret(?) behind the crawlspace, it's in the first areas you play when starting the level "door of three keys"; from the starting room you go through the N passage to a room where you'll shoot several jackals. In that room there is a floor lever which opens a door and closes other in the corner. In that area you'll drag a block from one of that rooms so you can climb the central pillar and start the timed trapdoors sequence. At the top of that central pillar you'll get a "llave de piedra" (guardian key).

Anyway I'll send an e-mail to Osvaldo asking for the missing secrets.

I'm currently playing the "sand chamber" level and found a large sandy area full of spike traps with no clues to know where they are located. Aaaaaarg! :bomb:

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 26 Jun 2018 19:16

Thanks Jose for the reply. I'll check my savegames to see about the swinging trapdoor run secret since I made save points. Otherwise I'll redo it. Then move back to get to the Abyss level. [I did have a gut feeling this morning that there was something more to the swinging trapdoor area but didn't know how to check because when I first played I obviously was not fast enough when I went on the building's side ramp and got a pickup (?) and didn't notice a black square.]

I re-checked all of the Islands of the Underworld level, and the only thing not done is the lowered trapdoor on the side of the building where the cartouche is. There is a wall switch above that trapdoor that can only be used if it is raised. This switch/trapdoor can only be accessed when getting the cartouche. I suspect that is how one (or both) of the two remaining secrets may be obtained. If you actually used that switch, then what did it do and how was the trapdoor raised?

This is the trapdoor and switch on the lower right side:
trapdoorswitch3.jpg

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 26 Jun 2018 20:41

I revised that area again and I got an idea. :idea:
Yes! You are right, that switch is to get the secret in the four towers level. :D
Next to the teleport there are 15 floating ledges, the blue ones are safe, and the red ones are deadly. But if you look to the red ones you can notice that only one of them has fire on its top. (Suspicious...)
That way you can take running jumps over the remaining ones, from blue to blue tiles, so the fire appears in all five red tiles; that way when you pick up the cartouche the nearby trapdoor raises and you can pull the switch.
There's not a camera, but that switch changes the teleport near the 15 floating ledges so before exiting the level the usual way, go to that teleporter and you'll be transported to the "4 towers" level to get the only secret there (if you previously opened the trapdoor at the top of the last tower).
Thanks for the hint. :)

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 26 Jun 2018 20:55

Thanks Jose for the great news about your brilliant idea.

I am now on the tower proceeding to the top. I did get the camera view of the trapdoor opening when I pulled the same switch twice in an earlier area, so if there is no bug or such, the trapdoor should be open. I'll know in an hour or so.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 26 Jun 2018 22:22

Eureka!

I now have all 26 secrets from before "El Abismo"! :D :) 8) :wink:

Jose, thanks again for your breakthrough hint and help! :idea: :2thumbsup: :angel:

After raising the trapdoor at the switch by jumping over the flame tiles as you said, the portal resets and you go to the top of the SE tower. You use a floor lever to raise a trapdoor there and climb to the roof. Dispatch a jackal and go down the roof trapdoor to the room below if you have already opened it by a double-switch elsewhere (I forget where). The secret goodies are in the corner.
SpoilerShow
Use the crowbar lever on the inside window ledge to do something (no clue). Now leave the tower, and go to the NW tower and go in and to the bottom floor of that tower. The trapdoor in the floor is now open (by the SE tower crowbar lever). Go down in it and follow the path leading to the "Door with 3 Keys" level where you slide down into the hidden room. The secret consists of all weapons. Now slide down the wall ramp (which you called a crawlspace) to the timed run room by the lever that opens the 2 doors. Now you can go directly up to the upper levels where the cartouche slots are. This secret completely bypasses the return trip through the Towers of the Underworld and Islands of the Underworld levels (portal, floating islands and lava room) because you would have done all of the required tasks for the cartouche. However, "CAUTION" -- if the player had decided to wait to get the secret in the lava room of the Islands of the Underworld level (triggered by the tile in the spike ball run), it would be impossible. Thus, that secret must be obtained by a side trip to the lava room and return trip to the floating islands before getting the cartouche and using the switch there. [or making the side trip from the SE tower secret and return to the tower level before using the floor trapdoor in the NW tower.]
Jose, I wonder if your walkthrough will be bigger than the one for "Egypt and Beyond" since this is a very long game with lots of levels and details. If you can you should include a few maps like the one for the maze with the four floor levers.

Sylwia
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Sylwia » 25 Jul 2018 21:41

If any of you have a save from the beginning (or not necessarily) of this level?
I deleted mine by accident :bigcry:

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 26 Jul 2018 01:30

can't you just go to trashcan and restore them

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 26 Jul 2018 03:18

Here you go, at the start of the level after using the Eye of Horus to open the wall gate.
savegame.4
(15.58 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
trepsave.4
(12 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Try to periodically keep your savegames in storage folders (or zips). This is a hub level with 7 branching sublevels that can be played in any order. That is also true of 2 different hub levels later in the game (as well as alternate return trip pathways to previous levels for missed items). Thus, it would be difficult in these cases to provide a savegame for help that matches the way the player is progressing through the game. The future walkthrough by Jose (now being edited) will be one way of playing the game (there are alternatives).

Sylwia
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Sylwia » 26 Jul 2018 12:03

vimmers wrote:
26 Jul 2018 01:30
can't you just go to trashcan and restore them
Well I know how Windows works vimmers, bu thx for advice :D

Thank you TombTitan :)

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 02 Aug 2018 01:17

Will someone get me through these timed trap platforms Paleese?
savegame.0
(15.58 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 02 Aug 2018 02:48

Here you go:
savegame.5
(15.58 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
trepsave.5
(12 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Suzanne, I just noticed the inventory in your savegame. How did you activate a cheat mode with unlimited flares, medipacks and weapons?