Osvaldo - The Temple of Seth - La Columna

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

TombTitan

Osvaldo - The Temple of Seth - La Columna

Post by TombTitan » 24 Jun 2018 09:23

I finished the level with the cartouche piece, but I am missing 1 secret. Where is it? It is not possible to go back to the caves in this level.
SpoilerShow
1. I got the crossbow secret at the start of the level.
2. There is a green wall block near the top of the rock column (opposite the flame switch) just below the area of the cartouche that never lowered. It is the only place that seems to be a secret, but I have no idea where the switch to lower it is. If the second secret is elsewhere, then it is disguised by the rock textures and darkness. Any ideas how to get the second secret?

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: Osvaldo - The Temple of Seth - La Columna

Post by José » 24 Jun 2018 11:31

That block in front of the reach-in switch with the fire emitter only opens from inside, once you've got the secret.
There is another of that blocks in the other face of the big central pillar. To lower it:
After the long crawlspace timing several fire emitters and the steam emitter in the lava room with the vertical ropes, you arrive to a room with a mummy and a wall switch. That switch will open the trapdoor inside the big pillar.
SpoilerShow
Pull that switch a second time.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 24 Jun 2018 12:07

Thanks Jose.
Hopefully this is not time-limited so that I can do it just before using the guardian key at the elevator so that I do not have to replay most of the level.
This is the second time this type of trick has come up. I've got to slow down and stop being distracted by mummies, bats, etc.
This game is too good to put down. It is just as addictive as IceAge3/24 or HyperSquare. Now on to the "submundo" level.

EDIT: I was able to get the secret by going back just before using the guardian key. However, there was no screenshot this time as there is when you do it before the long torch and guardian key puzzles. I had to keep playing hoping it would work (it did) when there was no screenshot. I had loaded an earlier savegame which showed the screenshot but that was before most of the level was played. Also, the block never lowered when I first played the game, so the lack of a screenshot is either a bug or caused by the guardian key puzzle sequences. Will never know.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 24 Jun 2018 18:20

i must say it's a bad behavior that he uses a lever to open 2 different doors
espicial to an item there are necessary to continue the level
i was missing a half cartouche
and needed to use a lever in el rio de lava
had to view 1 of adrielvicio videowalk (what a mess)
to se what i missed somewhere