Osvaldo - The Temple of Seth - El Santuario de los Escorpiones

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Osvaldo - The Temple of Seth - El Santuario de los Escorpiones

Post by José » 22 Jun 2018 16:27

Finished this level but missed the last secret.
I found one of them from another level, being teleported here.
The second one is easy to find, in the room with balconies, many wall switches and fire tiles at the bottom.
I think the last one is in the final room with the cartouche. One door opens so you can go back to the "La alberca de Seth" level, but the other one is still closed.
I can finish the level in two ways, but I think the shortcut to the previous level is to look for a hint so the player knows what switches to pull in the ledge with the 5 switches to open the secret door.
But in that level the sequence I found (the scarab, the eye and the vertical bars) doesn't work here to open the secret door.
Any hint?

EDIT: Finally discovered the sequence of switches to open that door, but never a hint to know what switches to pull. If anybody knows something about this, please let me know to include in the walkthrough.

TombTitan

Re: Osvaldo - The Temple of Seth - El Santuario de los Escorpiones

Post by TombTitan » 22 Jun 2018 18:39

Jose, I saw your PM. I had tried looking at the walls in the block room yesterday (since that seemed the logical place by location), but I didn't see the clue you mentioned. I'll try again.

I just finished the "la alberca de Seth" level and I still need 2 secrets. I could not open 2 water gates and I have absolutely no clue what the UW lever does in the room where the water is raised (I tried all kinds of combinations to find out).

I will play the scorpions level next but not till tomorrow. Thank you for mentioning that is where the second door to the way back to the "la alberca" level is. Now I will be able to open the return passage (since I have one door open already), but I still have no clue how that will help in finding the missing 2 secrets.

I have also not yet found the secret in the hub level ("la puerta") but I still have more exploration there since nine (?) levels are connected to it.

This game is structured a lot like QRS' Egypt and Beyond.

Since I have not played the scorpions level yet, I don't know about the switch puzzle you mentioned. In "la alberca" the sequence [eye, scarab, vertical bars in that order] was never used in the wall tile puzzle, but the other 5 combinations were. There is also a wall design in the room where the water level is raised and perhaps that is a clue [but I am only guessing since I have not yet encountered your switch puzzle yet]. The underwater room accessed by the very narrow passage has the clues to the wall tile puzzle, but it is really not needed.

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 22 Jun 2018 23:13

TombTitan wrote:
22 Jun 2018 18:39
Jose, I saw your PM. I had tried looking at the walls in the block room yesterday (since that seemed the logical place by location), but I didn't see the clue you mentioned. I'll try again.
Unfortunately, I have not enough savegames to go back to that room, but here is a fragment from the walkthrough, in case it could help:
SpoilerShow
"Shoot a bat and run back to the E area with the big gate and N again to the corridor with the circular blade, this time the trapdoor will keep closed so time the fire to use the reach-in switch and go back outside: the opposite door in the far S wall is now open. Go there, slide down the ramp and quickly run to the SW corner, go inside the crawlspace and up the ramps to find an orange block to move at the end (move it only once), shoot the scorpion.

Optional for a secret: notice a light near the NE corner so move the block back to its original position (once to the E) and 4 times to the N to see a door opening somewhere.

Now light a flare and explore the NW corner to notice another movable block, this time a bit high so, move the first block all around the room to that corner so you can climb it and push the second block to clear the exit."
Last edited by José on 22 Jun 2018 23:42, edited 1 time in total.

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 22 Jun 2018 23:41

TombTitan wrote:
22 Jun 2018 18:39
I just finished the "la alberca de Seth" level and I still need 2 secrets. I could not open 2 water gates and I have absolutely no clue what the UW lever does in the room where the water is raised (I tried all kinds of combinations to find out).
About that 2 secrets, I don't know the levels you've played, 'cause once in the level "La puerta de tres llaves", the players have many options to jump to several levels and finally get the three required cartouches here.

I've missed a secret in the "four towers" level and another one in "the door of three keys level" (still playing the "la columna" level to get one of the cartouche pieces) but I still need to go back to that hub level.

If you mean the secrets in "La alberca de Seth" level, I found all:
SpoilerShow

1- The easy secret in the room with several ledges, timed switches and timed trapdoors with a fire timed tile near the top

2.- In the room with the movable statue, where you need a very tedious work with the blocks to place the statue on the marked tile:

"Detour to prepare a secret for later: use the blocks in ground floor to create a bridge so you can move the higher block onto the orange blocks attached to the S wall; move it next to the corner (placing one of the blocks in its original position) to see a door opening somewhere. Go back to the hub room."

Later, in the main pool area:

"Detour for a secret: swim left (W) through the narrow passage to the NW part of the pool; if you moved the block in the room with the statue the UW door is now open and you can swim inside to get SECRET #19: flares, 2 X shotgun shells and the shotgun."

3.- Once you've flooded the huge rooms in the main pools area:

"Now swim to the very bottom of this pool and through the E opening. In the next room pull the UW lever in W wall and the N door opens (I think the UW lever in the SE corner you pulled near the beginning is needed too); swim there to get SECRET# 20: revolver ammo and the REVOLVER itself."
Good to know that you are playing this big adventure. I think you can help me a lot in the next levels to complete the walkthrough. :)

At this moment I've played about 11 or 12 levels, got two cartouches and a half to use in the level "La puerta de tres llaves" and I think the last half cartouche I need I can get it in the level I'm playing now: "La columna".

Anyway, the gameplay to get all three cartouches is very complex, 'cause I had to jump between levels a lot of times in the underground level with 4 towers. :bomb:

Even so I'll try to continue playing the best I can. :?

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 23 Jun 2018 05:13

Thanks Jose for the info.

I got the secret you mentioned in "El Gran Pasillo". Thanks for the help. However, probably due to my monitor, I never noticed the clue. Thus it is more of a "trial-and-error" ploy. Also, this secret must be obtained immediately when encountered, because Lara cannot go back. This is the only pathway Lara cannot go back to in this level.

I never tried the actions for the second secret in "La Alberca del Seth". I'll check it out. An oversight because it has been a long time since I played a level like this and have forgotten some of the tricks.

There may be a problem with the third secret since I originally did what you said and nothing ever happened. I'll try it again but I'll have to replay some sequences with levers because there may be a timing or action limitation.

It will be many days before I get as far as you, and I will have to stop playing in 2 weeks for awhile due to other priorities. I will keep you posted on these issues as I get there. Thanks again for the help.

Also, I can't believe all of the jaded "preselected in-crowd" reviewers and other players on the LevelBase and trle.net have ignored this game because it is one of the best gameplay levels in years. It is certainly better than all of the BtB2018 levels (a pretentious and irrelevant contest since players cannot rate the levels). But I suppose most of these people only want "eye candy" texture levels. They should play hidden object games or Xbox games instead.

EDIT: OK, the third secret works now. I went back to a savegame near the end of the level and did the SE thing again and it worked. I can't tell if that is done twice or I forgot to re-pull it when I may have replayed from a savegame.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 23 Jun 2018 17:31

Jose, I found the clue for the switches you are looking for:
SpoilerShow
There are 2 symbols on the walls where the guardian key is used---scarab and OA-pair symbols. They are the 2 switches to use to open the secret door. However, this is a very arcane clue since there is no rationale to know that 2 switches are used instead of 3 like elsewhere. I assume Osvaldo intended for the player to try all 22 combinations of 0,1,3,4 and 5 switches to no avail. Then the player would realize it was two switches and use this clue because there are lots of 2-switch combinations to try. In any case that location is where the clue is.
I finished this level and only need the secret you mentioned when you teleported back to the level, but I have not yet started the other levels. The path to "La Alberca de Seth" is probably only for getting a missing secret there since both pathways to exit the scorpions sanctuary level lead to the same place.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 23 Jun 2018 18:00

TombTitan wrote:
23 Jun 2018 05:13
Also, I can't believe all of the jaded "preselected in-crowd" reviewers and other players on the LevelBase and trle.net have ignored this game because it is one of the best gameplay levels in years. It is certainly better than all of the BtB2018 levels (a pretentious and irrelevant contest since players cannot rate the levels). But I suppose most of these people only want "eye candy" texture levels. They should play hidden object games or Xbox games instead.
What a sourpuss. Was that gratuitous dig really necessary?

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 23 Jun 2018 19:09

(a pretentious and irrelevant contest since players cannot rate the levels).
Why not?

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 24 Jun 2018 11:37

TombTitan wrote:
23 Jun 2018 17:31
Jose, I found the clue for the switches you are looking for:
Finally I was able to find a savegame near the end of the level and go back there to notice that. Very difficult to figure out!
Thank you.

ultraXgiotr99

Post by ultraXgiotr99 » 14 Jul 2018 17:37

Hi :)
I started this complicated levelset yesterday :D
I see that you are searching for all secrets... I can help you with some secrets that you haven't found yet if in case I find them :2thumbsup:
I am playing on Aspide and I am playing this level now after "La alberca de Set" and I found all secrets for now (I miss the one in the hub level but I think is for later) :)

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 14 Jul 2018 18:23

Yes, the hub secret is done later. Thanks for your offer.
Jose and I have been playing for some time. I have already reached the end of the game and I am missing only 1 secret which is in the last level (I do know where it is, but not exactly how to get it). Jose is probably on the last level now as he is also writing the walkthrough at the same time.
Good luck playing. It takes more than a day of "statistics time" to play this game with 34 levels.

Also, the end credits do not play. There is only a black screen with music.
Last edited by TombTitan on 14 Jul 2018 18:41, edited 1 time in total.

ultraXgiotr99

Post by ultraXgiotr99 » 14 Jul 2018 18:33

So I can't help much :lol:
Vimmers advised me to help but you have already finish it... Good job :lol: :2thumbsup:

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 15 Jul 2018 01:29

i didn't know they was that far
but it was also a advice to you to read if you was stuck on getting a secret

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 24 Aug 2018 23:50