CMS - Ice Age 3 - Global Seed Vault

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

CMS - Ice Age 3 - Global Seed Vault

Post by SuzanneJack » 01 Jun 2018 03:04

I'm lost...shock. I have the cable and don't know how to proceed. What is next? can't find any thing else.

TombTitan

Re: CMS - Ice Age 3 - Global Seed Vault

Post by TombTitan » 01 Jun 2018 03:27

What cable?

To start this level:
1. Go into the office and up into the vent crawlspace. In the next room, turn off the button that turns off the lasers back at the door in the starting corridor. Go back to the office and take a keycard from a desk.
2. Use the keycard in the panel next to the door where the lasers were.
3. In the new corridor, there are three doors you can kick in. You can ignore the JS above the middle door for now because you will not be able to get to the area it opens until much later. [or you can do it now so you don't forget]
4. Shoot the cameras to get three electrical wires you will use a great deal later.
5. There is a crawlspace in the end of the right room that you need to go into to get to the next area.
[You will come back to this camera area much later]

To get to the crawlspace in the right room, side flip over the fence by standing on the sacks or by grabbing up to the stream vent and climbing on it to back flip over the fence. [You can get over the fence in the left room by using the crate. You cannot get over the fence in the middle room (it will open much later)].

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: CMS - Ice Age - Global Seed Vault

Post by SuzanneJack » 01 Jun 2018 04:29

Thanks so much, I will try in the morning. :)

billie2001

Post by billie2001 » 01 Jun 2018 12:44

I am in the freezer room but it looks like I need an item.
What is it, and most importantly where is it? :D

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 01 Jun 2018 14:13

billie2001
not sure what you call freezer room
but is it where there are some plants on tables
then you shall pick up a plant

billie2001

Post by billie2001 » 01 Jun 2018 14:45

I got a freezer key and went back to almost the start of the level, in one of the three rooms (left one) and unlocked a room with this key.
It seems that I have to place something in there.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 01 Jun 2018 16:46

ahh yes in the middle or the first seed vault
look after a crawlspace
i think there was some shootable stuff in front of it

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 01 Jun 2018 18:13

Billie2001:
You need the frozen seed sample. It is in the freezer in the room before the balancing pipes where Lara was shot at while she was going over them.

billie2001

Post by billie2001 » 01 Jun 2018 21:06

Thanks, guys. Let's see if I can find my way back there. :roll:

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 02 Jun 2018 01:25

TombTitan wrote:
01 Jun 2018 03:27
What cable?

To start this level:
1. Go into the office and up into the vent crawlspace. In the next room, turn off the button that turns off the lasers back at the door in the starting corridor. Go back to the office and take a keycard from a desk.
2. Use the keycard in the panel next to the door where the lasers were.
3. In the new corridor, there are three doors you can kick in. You can ignore the JS above the middle door for now because you will not be able to get to the area it opens until much later. [or you can do it now so you don't forget]
4. Shoot the cameras to get three electrical wires you will use a great deal later.
5. There is a crawlspace in the end of the right room that you need to go into to get to the next area.
[You will come back to this camera area much later]

To get to the crawlspace in the right room, side flip over the fence by standing on the sacks or by grabbing up to the stream vent and climbing on it to back flip over the fence. [You can get over the fence in the left room by using the crate. You cannot get over the fence in the middle room (it will open much later)].
Thank you so much! I'm just starting to play again today. I don't have any more revolver ammo, can the camera's be shot with pistols? Thanks again!

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 02 Jun 2018 02:34

Yes, the cameras can be shot with pistols. Climb up on the seed storage units to shoot. However, you will not be able to shoot the middle room one until you can go back there when the fence is open. Thus, you should use the jumpswitch at the start (not later) to open up the trapdoor there to avoid needless backtracking.

You can find a small amount of revolver ammo in the area you are going to before you go back to the open trapdoor in middle area.

Although it is too late now, the revolver should not have been used to shoot enemies in this game until the latter part of the Global Seed Vault level when the mutants are released in the electrical area where the bomb is used (some of the enemies there can only easily be killed by the revolver and not the bazooka) and maybe some of the mutants released from the prison cells.

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 02 Jun 2018 02:45

So, in other words I'm screwed or will need a save? Thanks for the help.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 02 Jun 2018 05:17

7 revolver ammo left
Attachments
savegame.6
(64.78 KiB) Downloaded 26 times

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 02 Jun 2018 06:04

Thanks vims I'll go back tomorrow when I'm well :D I'm just so addicted to tombraider and can't do much else, but watch tv, I thank you so much!
Like Phil say's " it's like going thru with drawls when the site is down. :bomb:

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 02 Jun 2018 07:33

Suzanne, you are not screwed.

You can play very well from where you must have been when you posted about this.

You can either use Vimmers' save or play with your own.

You can easily find about 13 rounds of revolver ammo in the areas from the start where the cameras are to when you get back to the cameras after the laboratory areas, and the only effective use of the revolver in that section of the game is to shoot the enemy agent at the place where the bean in planted (in order to save medipaks) and possibly over the balancing poles. But the revolver is not really necessary for any of that. And you will find revolver ammo before you get to the place where the bean is planted.

You do not need the revolver to shoot any of the three cameras----pistols will work if you stand on top of the seed cabinets which are easily climbed.

You will also be able to find an additional 40 or more rounds of revolver ammo from the place where the electrical wires are used at the start of the light beam puzzle area to the end of the mutant maze area when you get to the area where the bomb is used.

You do not need any weapons in the final level which is merely a timed escape from a submersible to the surface and a final cutscene [any maybe a search for a secret].