Master Chatter

Psiko - HyperSquare - Masai village and the cradle of life

Post by vimmers » 25 Apr 2018 11:11

not stuck yet
just a question shall the detector run all the time

psiko

Re: Psiko HyperSquare-masai village and the cradle of life

Post by psiko » 25 Apr 2018 11:13

yes, it will turn off automatically once you picked up 8 masai masks :) it helps you locate them throughout the big map of this level :)

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 25 Apr 2018 13:25

i have released the ball where do i open the door
Attachments
9.jpg

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 25 Apr 2018 13:35

I think you've already used the switch inside the high crowbar door (to the right of Lara, in your pic). That switch stops the fire emmiter in the pillar just below it near the yellow ledge. That way you can take a running jump to grab the climbable surface there, shimmy, and use a jumpswitch...

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 25 Apr 2018 16:47

thanks i never saw that it was burning
just through it was a shortcut up or down

i missing 1 mask
so how/where do i release this ball
Attachments
1.jpg

psiko

Post by psiko » 25 Apr 2018 17:36

at the opposite corner of this room there's a climbable wall, you'll reach a high temple ruin with a floor switch nearby :)

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 01 May 2018 17:44

I'm currently in the propeller boat water canal area at the climbable pole after Kosa has raised wooden bridges, and the exit door to the bridge area for the jeep has opened. I am not stuck in this area since I still have things to do there.

However, I was never able to pick up the unknown object on the floating double platform with the sliding wall back in the main mask hunt area between the medical station section and the jeep idol statue section. I don't know how to avoid being killed by the sliding wall since it seems impossible.

I don't want to proceed any further in the water boat canal area with hippos if I am supposed to have that object when I
encounter Kosa and the propeller boat.

How does Lara get the mysterious object from those floating platforms with the sliding wall if that was supposed to be done before using the jeep?

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 01 May 2018 18:46

by jumping around on the backside of the moving wall
not on the frontside
but how did you get the jeepkeys
and wasn't it a mask to the right of the chair

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 01 May 2018 22:40

Thanks Vimmers. I now see what you mean. I had a different idea last night of how to do it (from above via 2 other platforms), and I didn't even bother to notice the obvious when I got the ignition key after the fmv/dvdclip played. Up until the end of that video, I also had a different idea of how to get that mask (from below by jumping up), but fortunately I did see the obvious for only the mask after the video and I dropped down after getting the mask.

It is usually the simple visual details that are forgotten when there is so much frustration in playing this game due to the constant crashes to the desktop caused by necessary reloads from difficult action moves or precarious pixel jumps---and this level has the most so far in this game! [The first HyperSquare in 2014 did not have these fmv, crash or sluggishness problems on the same never upgraded Win7 x64 PC that I am playing season 2 on.]

I checked this out using an earlier zip archive savegame at the jeep key pickup place. I now need to reload my final current savegame in the boat area and make the trek back to the platform with the sliding wall and attempt to do it.

psiko

Re: Psiko - HyperSquare - Masai village and the cradle of life

Post by psiko » 02 May 2018 09:35

sadly the guilty of those crashes is the engine itself, something I can do nothing about. It got too instable in its latest versions, the last one is different from the one I used when releasing hs1. Obviously I hadn't all those crashes on my end, or I would have avoided to release it. The game is fine for me, and many savegames I receive to test, do not reproduce the crashing, they are fine when I load them, even if the sender tells me they were crashing on his pc. Paolone, who is the author of trng, the engine I am using, is no longer interested in developing solutions, as he was before, so we can only hope for future releases of the engine after he passes through this bad time he is in at the moment. The engine is going to stay unstable, then, for an undefined time..

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 02 May 2018 12:53

Too many crashes at difficult actions and it is impossible to go anywhere from the top of the island building (which is where Lara is supposed to be) reached by the pole or from below. It is too far to jump normally. There are no ropes, and the 2 trampolines on the corners cause Lara to always hit her head and fall or if she does jump she always misses the destination. The rockets are impractical because if they do work Lara goes way too high and falls down dead. There is no way to control the use of the rockets with the trampolines. There was no tutorial as to the sequence of keystrokes with trampolines if it is possible.

Thus the game comes to an end! I doubt the eventual walkthrough will help in these matters.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 02 May 2018 13:12

you are to close to the jumpers/trambolins
i think it's around 1,5 to 2 squares from it

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 02 May 2018 13:21

Don't be discouraged. You are very near of the end of this level.
You are righ. It's not very obvious the way to use that jumpers, but there is a trick to properly jump here.
Fragment of the walkthropugh:

Notice the jumpers in NW and SE corners of this platform. Start with the NW one (situate Lara near the W border and take a standing jump trying to land onto the very N side of the jumper) and jump N to the high small ledge with the switch (1/5).

That's the trick. If you fall onto the closest part or the middle part of the jumper, Lara will jump more vertically, and she will heat the ceiling. That way, situate Lara in a position to take an standing jump and fall onto the jumper. If the jump is not successful, reload, take a single step forward, save, and try it again. If this new jump is not successful, reload, take a single step forward, save, and try it again.

That way, taking small steps forward, eventually Lara will land onto the farthest border of the jumper and you'll get it.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 02 May 2018 14:30

Jose, thank you very much. That made all the difference and was extremely helpful in making the jumps. I have already used 3 switches, but I will have to stop playing for now as I have other things to do over the next several hours.

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 03 Jun 2018 22:49

I know the walkthrough is out but I'm (hopefully) halfway through this level and am trying to pick it up again after a whole month away from it. I barely remember a thing, but reading the posts above I understand I'm supposed to locate 8 masks, is that right? I've probably done everything out of order (and wouldn't even remember what I have done a month ago), that's my biggest issue with non-linearity... everytime I reload a save I spot a different path altogether which goes on for miles, such a massive level -- it was a terrible idea of mine to "take a break".

Speaking of break: lots of high ledges mean lots of broken necks, and thus several reloads in quick succession, which lead to crashes to desktop. From the next level onwards I'll follow the walkthrough closely as I want to finish this series before starting any other custom levels.