players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Talos - Louloudaki Island

Post by Jorge22 » 27 Mar 2018 13:19

Once again...

I played this game without issues until I got to where Lara entered the window and a bit after that. Then, I closed my PC.

When I got back, the exe file was quarantined. So, I added it to exclusions, like so: C:\Users\Jorge\Desktp\AspideEasterTime2018LouloudakiIsland and then I restored it back its folder. When I tried to play again, there it was, back to quarantine. The freaking Avast seems to be ignoring my exclusions.

I also have tomb4.exe excluded.

Any bright ideas someone? Please? Thanks.
"I waved to my neighbour/My neighbour waved to me/But my neighbour/Is my enemy/I kept waving my arms/Till I could not see/Under fifteen feet of pure white snow"

Talos

Re: Talos - Louloudaki Island

Post by Talos » 27 Mar 2018 13:23

Jorge22 wrote:
27 Mar 2018 13:19
Once again...

I played this game without issues until I got to where Lara entered the window and a bit after that. Then, I closed my PC.

When I got back, the exe file was quarantined. So, I added it to exclusions, like so: C:\Users\Jorge\Desktp\AspideEasterTime2018LouloudakiIsland and then I restored it back its folder. When I tried to play again, there it was, back to quarantine. The freaking Avast seems to be ignoring my exclusions.

I also have tomb4.exe excluded.

Any bright ideas someone? Please? Thanks.

Mmm...
But it is always the same Tomb4. exe that I also used in the Citadel... But why do the antivirus block?!
Turn it off Avast.

Or if you have in the PC my other levels (type A Sailor Xmas), use that Tomb4

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 27 Mar 2018 14:25

are u sure it was avast and not windows defender
cos it excluded it here
and i only have that

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 27 Mar 2018 14:48

I *don't think* I have Windows Defender anymore (and I'm on a cell). On the flip side, I'm 100% sure it was Avast (currently considered the best -or one of the best according to other sources - free antivirus programs). Jeez... I wouldn't like to have to disconnect it...
"I waved to my neighbour/My neighbour waved to me/But my neighbour/Is my enemy/I kept waving my arms/Till I could not see/Under fifteen feet of pure white snow"

Talos

Post by Talos » 27 Mar 2018 14:53

Jorge22 wrote:
27 Mar 2018 14:48
I *don't think* I have Windows Defender anymore (and I'm on a cell). On the flip side, I'm 100% sure it was Avast (currently considered the best -or one of the best according to other sources - free antivirus programs). Jeez... I wouldn't like to have to disconnect it...
Try using my other tomb4. I use the same tomb4 for years, I change only the icon with Ng Center. But every time the antivirus report... even when edited! :beadyeyes: :bomb:

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 27 Mar 2018 17:37

I turn off avast until I restart my computer, but I didn't have to here.

I'm stuck at the beginning, shock! :lol: I need a key and to open a window. Can't find anything else :?

Talos

Post by Talos » 27 Mar 2018 17:48

SuzanneJack wrote:
27 Mar 2018 17:37

I'm stuck at the beginning, shock! :lol: I need a key and to open a window. Can't find anything else :?
SpoilerShow
Loulodaki' streets? Did you talk to the characters? The interacting characters have the green crystal.
If you talked to him... Search Rooftops;)

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 27 Mar 2018 17:52

Talos wrote:
27 Mar 2018 17:48
SuzanneJack wrote:
27 Mar 2018 17:37

SpoilerShow
Loulodaki' streets? Did you talk to the characters? The interacting characters have the green crystal.
If you talked to him... Search Rooftops;)
At the very beginning, I talked to one, then what? How do I get to the rooftops?

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 27 Mar 2018 18:06

Talos wrote:
27 Mar 2018 14:53
Jorge22 wrote:
27 Mar 2018 14:48
Try using my other tomb4. I use the same tomb4 for years, I change only the icon with Ng Center. But every time the antivirus report... even when edited! :beadyeyes: :bomb:
I think I may have solved the issue by replacing the exe by the Dragon's Dagger exe (every other exe I tried didn't work).

Talos

Post by Talos » 27 Mar 2018 18:38

SuzanneJack wrote:
At the very beginning, I talked to one, then what? How do I get to the rooftops?
Climbing on climbing plants.

@Jorge:
I don't know what to say... Boh, I do not understand the antivirus

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 27 Mar 2018 19:05

Talos wrote:
27 Mar 2018 18:38
SuzanneJack wrote:
Climbing on climbing plants.

Thanks Talos, I did try plants, I'll try again.

McRaider

Post by McRaider » 27 Mar 2018 19:32

Found a projectile fired, old station key and the admiral grave-diary..also found the water hole next to where you pick up the long play but I cannot open that door for now.I don't remember if was after I pushed a white block that fall to the ground or after using the jump switch in one house, i saw a door opens but where is it?

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 27 Mar 2018 19:49

I don't how to help as I didn't see a jump switch, only been in one house with the chest to open.

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 27 Mar 2018 19:58

I'm stuck again, pushed the block, found the hole in the ground with closed doors, found the water hole and have been in one house to open the chest. Hint please

McRaider

Post by McRaider » 27 Mar 2018 20:04

I found the door I was looking for and get the laser sight..now I have the railroad ticket,rise of tomb raider artbook (in admiral's fleet chamber)
Used another jumpswitch near the house where you play the long play,,running around like headless chicken..

Suzanne,in one house there is a JS,very close to the beginning another one and other that open the doors to the admiral's fleet (right to the lion with gem,there is a hole,go there)
Last edited by McRaider on 27 Mar 2018 20:09, edited 1 time in total.