Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Phil
Mod
Mod

Re: Sabatu - Quest of Immortality - Underground City

Post by Phil » 15 Jan 2018 18:46

Dutchy wrote:
15 Jan 2018 17:54
Yeah you probably can, in the first level it was possible to get through the doors by only using one Ankh, so that one will stay in your inventory.
I thought it was just me, but Dutchy has confirmed otherwise. The first time I played, when I got to the door with the ankh receptacles the one on the left was already occupied. (At the time I had two ankhs in my inventory, so I know I hadn't placed one earlier.) When I replayed from an earlier save, both receptacles were empty. Have no idea what might have caused that.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 15 Jan 2018 19:28

It's a dark and mysterious place..... everybody saw that Phil...

@ Jorge... Had this in my head when ı wrote that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeeJhEpeUfc
Paul Young - Come Back and Stay, till the end of times...

TheBoo

Post by TheBoo » 25 Jan 2018 16:40

Dutchy wrote:
12 Jan 2018 10:33
So, I found a Gem after the UW labyrinth, now where? Do we HAVE to go through those gates (which looks like an illegal move)? As I see no other way to get there

Ah, I now see I missed a passage behind the S building... :blush:
Well....either I have missed something, or I have a glitch...I have the gem that is reached via the timed doors. I think the second one is via the gate that is south of the roof where you shoot the hanging ball? That gate is closed, and if I am reading the posts correctly, it is opened by the two levers in the area (I met a lion on the way) where one of the levers must be reached by getting across two flame emitter platforms. I've done the two levers but the gate is closed. Is that the correct way to open the gate? This is the passage Dutchy mentioned behind the South building.

Edit: After posting, and making yet another trip back to the room with two levers, I realized there are three levers....I missed the top one. Thankful for the forum effect.

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 16 May 2018 23:01

I'm trying to figure out how to raise two grates to get to the area with the ball to shoot in the ceiling.

The first grate is raised by activating a switch at the opposite end of the walkway (and dealing with scorpions in the process), but I don't know where the second switch is. I seem to have activated other switches (notably the area with the sliding slopes and the vertical flames), but I can't seem to retrace my steps to figure it out... :dunno:

Thank you in advance. :)
"With effort and persistence, a beginner can become an expert!"

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 17 May 2018 06:59

This is from where you got the Lasersight.
(But maybe it is best to go back to where you entered this area and follow the Walkthrough)

"Walk back onto the bridge along the left side, when Lara is in front of the Timed doors (W, later), turn around and look down to the right to spot the Sight through a window in the NW building, jump in there with Ctrl and get the Laser Sight.

Raise the Block, Raise Trapdoor 3.

Step back into the N window and run jump down into the water swim into the structure and left around the second pillar to use the underwater lever there, a block will go up somewhere (*). Get out of the water, turn around and look up E, a bit to the left you can see a brass ball in the ceiling, shoot that to raise a trapdoor (#3) up in the E side of the cave. Now we have all trapdoors in place for a Timed run later."

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 17 May 2018 14:10

Thank you for your assistance, Dutchy.

Unfortunately, I still can't quite figure out what to do. I did look at the walkthrough, but the issue is figuring out how to raise the second platform. I raised the first platform, I shot the ball, I did raise a block underwater earlier, but the second platform is still down.
quest_immortality.jpg

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 17 May 2018 15:26

have you used all the levers
in the room with the 2 torches in the left of the pic
i think there was 3

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 21 May 2018 02:56

Thank you vimmers. By focusing on that direction, I jumped into the building ahead, and found a switch I didn't activate. And now I can continue. :)