PedroTheGamer - Return to the game of Senet

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Marksdad
Mod
Mod

Re: PedroTheGamer - Return to the game of Senet

Post by Marksdad » 19 Oct 2017 22:34

Hmm. I can't press that button again.It seems like a one-shot to me.

I hate to say this,but....was this level tested?

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 20 Oct 2017 10:09

Who knows?

Anyway, this is how I did it: I pushed that button that raised the cages.
Went to the left side and played some Senet (or is it Seneth?) until I won although the cages were already there.
Jumped over the cages to the other side and did whatever I did (my mind is mostly blank on this part and I may not have found the other half cartouche there but I must have done something besides noticing a cartouche receptacle I never got to use).
Went to the side opposite the game of Senet(h), climbed up and used the full cartouche on the left side of the hallway (don't even ask me where I got the second half but I did).
Entered another room and proceeded from then on, doing every task so as to get a crystal.
Got back to the hallway.

And now, a spoiler:
SpoilerShow
As soon as I placed the crystal the game ended. Probably the most rushed-off, sudden ending I've seen.
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

Marksdad
Mod
Mod

Post by Marksdad » 20 Oct 2017 13:01

OK,I reloaded from an earlier save;played the Senet game again;and this time,a hatch (possibly even two) opened in the floor. These were absolutely NOT open the first time.

Lots of other oddities throughout the level,though.

PedroTheGamer

Post by PedroTheGamer » 20 Oct 2017 13:39

where there is a cage understood from her side to something to find, you activate when you finish the Game of the board, it is so to process :hammer:
I'm only here for convenience, I'll soon be far from here! :bandana:

raikutee

Post by raikutee » 20 Oct 2017 15:57

I have replayed the Senet game multiple times and never had any trapdoors open!!
What am I doing wrong.
Also, near the beginning of the game, you climb down to an area with 2 ninjas. Then you push 2 objects to squares. Climb down to the lower level, get another half of the tablet,which opens a door in the lower level to get a complete tablet. Has anyone done this or can you use the half tablet from under the movable to continue and use it to complete the second tablet?
If you don't Stand for something..... You will Fall for anything.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 20 Oct 2017 16:06

Honestly, I don't remember.

The trapdoor issue... To me it opened every time I lost the game. But I didn't really go down there as I thought it was a trap door. :D
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

raikutee

Post by raikutee » 20 Oct 2017 18:11

So it seems that you have to "lose" the game then use the button to raise the cages?

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 20 Oct 2017 18:13

I don't know. I raised the cages before playing the game. Then I reloaded over and over (well, just a few times) until I won. In the meantime, I did lose and went down to try the trapdoors but as I kept falling to my death I decided maybe I'd better simply win. :D

Marksdad
Mod
Mod

Post by Marksdad » 20 Oct 2017 19:28

Raikutee, try playing the game again;dropping down to the floor after every few 'spins' to see if anythings happened.
I'm pretty certain,from the way that the heavy triggers were set,that it's basically random.

raikutee

Post by raikutee » 20 Oct 2017 20:40

Ok, thanks Marksdad

raikutee

Post by raikutee » 20 Oct 2017 21:48

I tried that, I lost the game but the trapdoors opened. There is only 1 or 2 you can go down safely.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 21 Oct 2017 16:42

If you win the Senet game, the other three cages rise (so that pushing the button down below is not necessary if you hadn't already pushed it beforehand). However, when you win the Senet game the floor trap doors down below do not open, and I found no way to get them open thereafter. There's a half cartouche piece down one of the trap doors (the other two are red herrings) that you need in order to progress, so losing the Senet game appears to be necessary to finish the level. I was able to finish by going back to a previous savegame, losing the Senet game and taking the steps mentioned by others in this thread. If anyone is able to finish the level after winning the Senet game, please let us know how this is done.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 21 Oct 2017 17:16

I have no idea but I have. I have indeed found the two half cartouches before going to the are I spoke about. Maybe it was hidden somewhere? Maybe some baddy dropped it? Maybe it was after jumping the cages (well, I guess not)? So, maybe the half cartouche one finds when one loses the game is due for the receptacle that I think I saw on the opposite side from the entrance (and then there'd still be one half missing).
Sorry if I can't be of any more help but do believe me: you don't need to lose the Senet game and go down some open trapdoor in order to get to the area behind where the Senet face is.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 21 Oct 2017 18:43

Thanks, but after replaying the game I'm convinced that you must lose the Senet game in order to complete the level. Check out my walkthrough for details. If I'm wrong, let me know why I'm wrong and I'll post an amended walk with due apologies and proper credit.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 22 Oct 2017 12:35

Hmm... You know... How did you finish the game? Did it end at the time you placed the crystal? Or is there any more to it that I missed (but one can be easily misguided to think that's how it ends) like opening the door at the other side of the cages with some other cartouche and that exends the game in a whole different direction?
Let me know, please.
And Ian's right, this can't have been tested at all.

Anyway, I'll replay the thing again if I have the patience. Then, I'll let you know.