Moderators: mugs, Gerty

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: DJFull - Cakeworld

Post by DJ Full » 25 Sep 2017 23:28

Jorge22 wrote:
25 Sep 2017 21:30
If you mean the one that opened a door to the river, yep. Did it do anything else? Oh, I think I see, I'm back in the room where I first landed but I haven't been able to jump back again from the box. I guess maybe I should try some more?
Hm, doesn't sound like. The switch I'm talking about is down the furnace where you picked up the diode bulb. It opens a trapdoor in the room which leads back to the purple stream in the calendar puzzle room. That's where you go.
Teone wrote:
25 Sep 2017 22:43
"102 AllThatLives.ogg" Who is the composer?
Me. This, flexagon and fight tunes. Codo did original version of Binary Star. Elio (Lara's Boyfr.) wrote the tunes from intro, attic, canyon and rotating lamp rooms. And there are some tracks of Peter Connelly's compilation which was a part of calendar extras.
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 25 Sep 2017 23:40

DJ Full wrote:
25 Sep 2017 23:28
Jorge22 wrote:
If you mean the one that opened a door to the river, yep. Did it do anything else? Oh, I think I see, I'm back in the room where I first landed but I haven't been able to jump back again from the box. I guess maybe I should try some more?
Hm, doesn't sound like. The switch I'm talking about is down the furnace where you picked up the diode bulb. It opens a trapdoor in the room which leads back to the purple stream in the calendar puzzle room. That's where you go.

Right. The furnace. And then Lara finds the bulb underwater and then the switch and she makes an escape to the stream, she gets out and her body stops flickering, correct? Do you mean I shouldn't have left that room? I can easily go back, of course.
"I waved to my neighbour/My neighbour waved to me/But my neighbour/Is my enemy/I kept waving my arms/Till I could not see/Under fifteen feet of pure white snow"

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 26 Sep 2017 07:08

Jorge22 wrote:
Right. The furnace. And then Lara finds the bulb underwater and then the switch and she makes an escape to the stream, she gets out and her body stops flickering, correct?
Nope. When you pick up the bulb you open the door to the grated room. Pulling the underwater switch next to the underwater shells opens a trapdoor in the same room, that's where you go :)

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 26 Sep 2017 08:59

I think I do remember some trapdoor opening......... Which exactly is the 'grated room'?

Never mind, I think I misread you. I must be blind, I haven't seen the trapdoor yet but I'm going back.

Found it! Anyway, now "I really hope there's a hint for that"....... :idea:
Last edited by Jorge22 on 26 Sep 2017 11:33, edited 2 times in total.
"I waved to my neighbour/My neighbour waved to me/But my neighbour/Is my enemy/I kept waving my arms/Till I could not see/Under fifteen feet of pure white snow"

Teone

Post by Teone » 26 Sep 2017 11:08

DJ Full wrote:
25 Sep 2017 23:28
Teone wrote:
25 Sep 2017 22:43
"102 AllThatLives.ogg" Who is the composer?
Me. This, flexagon and fight tunes. Codo did original version of Binary Star. Elio (Lara's Boyfr.) wrote the tunes from intro, attic, canyon and rotating lamp rooms. And there are some tracks of Peter Connelly's compilation which was a part of calendar extras.
So, double congrat for the design and the music! :2thumbsup:
Now I'm stuck after the calendar puzzle, I found a secret and I can't get back.
Anyway I'll try to help myself.

EDIT: Ah! I found the way!

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 26 Sep 2017 15:45

Ok, in the Treedad area (I had to laugh at all that) I got the revolver and then used the wallpaper which opened the entrance to that area (I guess maybe I should've been there before instead of crossing it like a ghost). I don't know what to do after that.

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 26 Sep 2017 16:37

Utterly and completely lost here.
lost.jpg

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 26 Sep 2017 16:38

Focus on the room with the stars, this is open for a reason. Little hint:
SpoilerShow
You got the necessary stuff in the gift boxes there.
Big hint:
SpoilerShow
shoot the stars with the sight revolver
maybe I should've been there before instead of crossing it like a ghost
What do you guys actually cross? the rotating door?
From what vim has said I thought he took effort to phase through.
But now you sound like if the gate was entirely missing collision, is that it?
SuzanneJack wrote:lost here
Remember what Lara said about the map.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 26 Sep 2017 16:41

Go ahead and Lara will find that picture you can see in your image strange. Approach, enter and use the lever or you'll explode (to your left, there's plenty of time). Get out and through the new entrance to your left. From there to a new entrance on the opposite side. Go to the far left, let the treedad smash the glass window and pick up the secret. On the a room opposite where you'll climb a few blocks and from there you'll be able to use the secret and find a revolver. That's all I know really...

@ DJ: yep, that's it.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 26 Sep 2017 16:45

Jorge22 wrote:
26 Sep 2017 16:41
@ DJ: yep, that's it.
OK, I'll take a look at it... that's very strange, didn't happen in older versions...
and the object is unmodified since. I hope it's no stuff like collision limit or what...

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 26 Sep 2017 17:00

It's not really an issue in that area except for the fact that you can tell it wasn't meant to be that way.

So the revolver with the laser sight? I actually thought about shooting the stars and shot them to no avail but I hadn't noticed the revolver had a laser sight. I'll check that out, thanks.

Or it may simply happen that I didn't look well enough... :blush:

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 26 Sep 2017 17:28

it don't have a lasersight before you pick it up in the same room
and combine them

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 26 Sep 2017 17:29

Precisely. The laser sight is on the opposite side of the room. Morals of the story: don't rush it.

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 26 Sep 2017 17:53

Yes DJ I went thru the door also before using the wallpaper. Can someone look at my save? The tree is stuck hitting the wall and won't come after me.
savegame.0
(45.56 KiB) Downloaded 19 times

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 26 Sep 2017 17:54

So... whatever happens when Lara places the Brooklyn cubes, the cogs start to roll and the platform goes up? I tried using the binnoculars but I didn't find anything useful.

Btw, I did jump and both Lara and the tree exploded! :D

Suzanne, have you tried shooting at it for a while?