Colin Benson - The Nightmate Curse

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

cory

Colin Benson - The Nightmate Curse

Post by cory » 11 Sep 2017 20:32

How do I get the artefact from the water room? I kileed a big scorpio there but the gate at the end of that corridor is closed, I pulled the lever in the tower next to the artefact and I opened some door after swimming through the tunnel in the underwater area. But I don't know where that door is. I know there's another gate in that water room, high up, but I haven't got there, and then past the room with ropes where I went to put the cartouche there is another closed door. What did I miss?

Colin Benson

Re: Colin Benson - The Nightmate Curse

Post by Colin Benson » 12 Sep 2017 03:20

I'm not really sure where you are in the level and what you mean by artifact. Could you tell us what level part you are in and post a screenshot (press F3 during the game) or two?

I've also made a walkthrough and added it to the download. G&D productions expanded upon my walkthrough and added further information including Secret Sapphire locations. (I think that's what you are looking for, right?)

http://www.trle.net/walk/2993.htm

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 12 Sep 2017 10:12

I have more or less the same problem as you. I have the rope in the middle of the water room, I've opened a gate in a room and a skeleton came from inside but there's still a closed gate behind that one and the gate that leads to the rope, after the big scorpio (jump to the left-hand ladder, right if you're entering the room), remains closed. The artifact is the Cthulhu artifact (I already have one from the lava room).
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 12 Sep 2017 10:49

A lever behind the pedestal with the shotgun, in the area with the skeleton on the loose, will also open a gate near the rope
Last edited by Dutchy on 12 Sep 2017 12:51, edited 1 time in total.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 12 Sep 2017 10:52

I'm not sure I have the shotgun but I'll go there again and check it out. Thanks. :)

Many thanks for the heads up, Dutchy! :2thumbsup: Now I just have to try and remember where I can use the silver key...
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 12 Sep 2017 11:33

Hint... somewhere below where you found it... :D

sandy2

Post by sandy2 » 13 Sep 2017 21:15

Are we no longer allowed to attach a file? I am having a problem with the timed run after the push-pull blocks part 2. I do not see a way to attach my save file ??

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Post by Gerty » 13 Sep 2017 21:32

You have to click on the (in my case) green Attachment (next to the options).
That should do the trick :D
Oops, I did it again... Image

sandy2

Post by sandy2 » 13 Sep 2017 21:51

Thanks ..... loosing my mind, I guess. Anyway, I cannot seem to do this timed run after the push-pull blocks in part 2. Would someone be nice enough to do it for me? Thanks.
Attachments
savegame.0
(38.38 KiB) Downloaded 14 times

Colin Benson

Post by Colin Benson » 13 Sep 2017 22:12

sandy2 wrote:
13 Sep 2017 21:51
Thanks ..... loosing my mind, I guess. Anyway, I cannot seem to do this timed run after the push-pull blocks in part 2. Would someone be nice enough to do it for me? Thanks.
Done.
Attachments
savegame.0
Here you go. I saved right after the timed run.
(38.38 KiB) Downloaded 13 times

sandy2

Post by sandy2 » 13 Sep 2017 23:26

Thank You!

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 17 Sep 2017 15:09

I'm going insane with the Infinata rooms (does that sound familiar to anyone?). I managed to get one artifact but now I can't even seem to go back anywhere. And there's still the second Infinata room to go. And the walkthrough starts off a bit strange right from the start when it says "walk forward one block, turn North (ignore the button) etc." - I don't know how I did it exactly to get to one of the articats but the fact is it doesn't work that way... or maybe I'm in the wrong Infinata room. And this feels infinite...
Does anybody have any save after the Infinata room that he/she could, please, share?

Just in case it's an easy job for some amazing expert, I'm also posting a save right before the first Infinata room. Thanks.
savegame.2
(38.35 KiB) Downloaded 11 times

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 17 Sep 2017 16:41

you see the eyes on the walls ?
don't step on a tile where an eye can see you/lara
use the switches to block the eyes view so you can pass
not sure about it's the right save you have uploaded
cos you don't have any in invetory
and i see colin call floor tiles blocks
so if you change blocks with tiles maybe you better understand it
rgs vimmers
hit f5 often in the forum

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 17 Sep 2017 16:46

I just found out that was at the start of the second room in the walkie, not the first. Thanks though, vim! :)

Mazeh

Post by Mazeh » 17 Oct 2017 03:06

Hello... I'm loving this game, but I simply can't manage those rope jumps over the lake, at Part 2, even once, and it seems that they must be done two or three times for the necessary pickups, even forgetting all the other goodies. So, if anyone has a save just after ALL the necessary rope jumps, I would accept it quite gladly. I cannot post my save (with Lara grabbing a rope, in front of a W ledge) and ask someone to do the jump for me, because I would have to do it again, and it would be quite impossible. Can anyone help me?