sonnyd83 - Return to Luds Gate

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Theda

Re: sonnyd83 - Return to Luds Gate

Post by Theda » 09 Jun 2017 19:52

Figured it out after several crashes and restarts. What a frustration. It ends after I paddled by that dragon?

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 10 Jun 2017 13:42

after the second dragon (you killed the first one) the level ends...

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 12 Jun 2017 03:18

I'm in a section where there is a sliding slope, and on two sides two crushing pistons. I don't know how to proceed here... :dunno:
A black belt is a white belt who never quit.
-Mr. Thompson

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 12 Jun 2017 10:41

You'll need to time the pistons and take a running jump from the entrance to the openings with the pistons so you land there when the piston is up and you can go through.
The jump to the piston to your left is not really necessary (secret) so you can take a try only with the right one.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 12 Jun 2017 17:17

The block puzzle in which you have to get four blocks to the top of a structure must be the most annoying block puzzle ever conceived by any builder so far. I don't even know why, I'd managed to get three of the blocks up. Lastly, as I'd been trying to get the fourth and last one up to its place for at least half an hour I made a stupid mistake and was set on fire. Really? Pffff.... I'm giving up on this for a while before I have to take some tranquilizer.

This is a rant. Nothing specially against sonny because I actually think he's a good guy but still a rant. Call me an idiot if you will. Right now I don't care.

Oh - and if, instead of providing a starting clue, somebody helps me get through this part quickly and easily, I'll be forever grateful, needless to say.
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 12 Jun 2017 20:11

Not so tedious for me, I had to go down to the pit with many switches only three times.
SpoilerShow
- First go down and pull al four switches in the very corners; this will raise all four blocks outside. Climb and move all four blocks onto the marked tiles (raising blocks).
- Go down a second time and this time pull four more switches to raise all four blocks again. According with the hint you must pull the 3ºs counting from the very corners. Climb and move all four blocks onto the marked tiles (raising blocks).
- Finally go down a third time and this time pull four more switches to raise all four blocks again. According with the hint you must pull the 5ºs counting from the very corners. Climb and move all four blocks on their final positions.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 12 Jun 2017 20:17

Jorge22 wrote:
12 Jun 2017 17:17

Oh - and if, instead of providing a starting clue, somebody helps me get through this part quickly and easily, I'll be forever grateful, needless to say.
not sure what u mean with this
but start with lever 1 in all 4 ends go up and move the blocks
then use lever 3 in all 4 ends go up and move the blocks
then use lever 5 in all 4 ends go up and move the blocks
move all 4 blocks to the middle and a door open
rgs vimmers
hit f5 often in the forum

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 12 Jun 2017 20:41

Thank you both, what I meant was exactly what I typed. I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere...
Thanks again. :)
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 13 Jun 2017 03:42

Thank you José, that solved the problem. :)
A black belt is a white belt who never quit.
-Mr. Thompson

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 13 Jun 2017 17:29

Yes indeed, José. Many thanks for making it so clear. You should write walkthroughs. :)

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 14 Jun 2017 00:59

So, I finished the block puzzle, climbed here and there and ended up at the station where it all started still without any keys? Surely I must be missing something important...

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 14 Jun 2017 07:55

i can't recall now
but are you back at the trainstation
then you should have a revolver or crossbow and lasersight
look after a gas canister to shoot
but again not sure
after you opened the gates you go left path and use a lever i think
then go back to the right path
rgs vimmers
hit f5 often in the forum

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 14 Jun 2017 11:09

Jorge22 wrote:
13 Jun 2017 17:29
Yes indeed, José. Many thanks for making it so clear. You should write walkthroughs. :)
I suppose everybody knew I'm a walkthrough writer, I've wrote dozens (or hundreds?) of walkthroughs for many years ago.
My last walkthrough was for the "The hidden dagger" adventure (not published yet, but coming soon).
Jorge22 wrote:
14 Jun 2017 00:59
So, I finished the block puzzle, climbed here and there and ended up at the station where it all started still without any keys? Surely I must be missing something important...
As usual, vimmers is right.
Once you go back to the underground area with the train, you should get there with the crossbow and explosive ammo. There is a crack in a corner, opposite the train; shoot it with explosive ammo to break the wall.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 14 Jun 2017 11:15

I think I understand what you both mean, I obviously missed a detour after the gates. Thanks a bunch!

@José: sorry I didn't recall you wrote walkies. :blush: No bad feelings, eh? :wink:

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 14 Jun 2017 13:34

Jorge22 wrote:
14 Jun 2017 11:15
@José: sorry I didn't recall you wrote walkies. :blush: No bad feelings, eh? :wink:
Bad feelings? :-o
I never had a bad feeling here with anybody, even with all those who fiercely criticize my levels and give/gave them low ratings. :wink:
I'm a very peaceful member, who only tries to help. :)
On the other hand, I recognize that some builders have "bad feelings" with me, 'cause sometimes I give low ratings for their levels (or, at least, lower ratings than other reviewers). :lol:
Never worry about my opinions or feelings. For me this is only a game, a hobby...