Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Zreen

Emoo - Island of the Silver Moon - Underneath the Volcano

Post by Zreen » 01 May 2017 16:27

Hello chaps!
I'm in a pickle here.
Final stretch of the level, according to Dutchy's Walkthrough:
The Lava Spike Room.

Jmp to the other side, follow the path on the Picture. Start with the 1st ledge R and standjmp to it when the Spikes are about to go up, do a runningjmp with sharp L curve to the 3rd, (discard the 2nd) and a standjmp will get you to the safe 4th. Runjmp to the 5th from the L side of #4 when you expect the Spikes to come up and a runningjmp will get you to the ledge at the switch. Pull it (see the lave turn to water) and from this ledge, runjmp back to the 5th again at the moment you expect the Spikes to go up and a runningjmp to the safe 4th. Don’t use the 2nd ledge again and standjmp to the 3rd when you expect the Spikes to go up. A runningjmp with a sharp R curve will get you to the 1st and a runningjmp will get you to the exit. Go to the room with the lava pits, near the Blade pool room and go both sides to throw 2 levers and pick up some goodies, dodge the Skeletons and go to the Demigod room, shoot the Twins and leave these wonderful levels through the gate E.
I see no levers at these sides of the pool, and each area is closed by a door. Is there a trigger/switch somewhere I missed on the way or some glitch related to saving/reloading?
http://i.imgur.com/j2D9lbG.png?1

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Emoo - Island of the Silver Moon - Underneath the Volcano

Post by Dutchy » 01 May 2017 17:48

really can't remember anymore, but will try and investigate...

I think me mentioning to only use ONE lever in this part is important, I think that if you use both, one opens the doors and the other closes them again...
The Bladepool room.
Dive in and use the UW lever under the entrance ledge, go back to the Key room and the gate in S wall is open, throw only one of the levers and use the Key. A gate opened in the other end of the Bladepool room.

But these are the levers for those doors you found closed... go back there, use one of the levers and see if that did the trick Oh, you can only use them once... Still have a savegame from before that?

Zreen

Post by Zreen » 01 May 2017 19:18

Unfortunately I do not have a save from before, but I can find my way back there.

I didn't use the walkthrough the whole way, just parts where I was stuck, I did indeed pull both levers where you put in the key.

I'll make my way through the level again and see if it works. Thank you!

PS it's a great level set!

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 01 May 2017 19:21

yeah, but if it is indeed the problem with pulling both levers, than that is a game stopper... you cannot trow them back and you have to way of knowing what you did wrong...I think

Zreen

Post by Zreen » 02 May 2017 23:43

It worked. I pulled just one lever (either one, just don't pull both) and a music cue triggered. After solving the puzzles after that, the doors that were closed previously were now opened. Game finished! I'm thinking both switches were there to choose at the player's leisure which one to pull, but with a bad side-effect that they're on/off switches and pushing both levers results in an off position that can't be undone.

As you said, game stopper if no previous save.

Thank you, Dutchy!

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 03 May 2017 09:23

Good thing I decided the walk needed a revision, I started the level again... I got stuck using my own walk.. But it seems this level was also changed without notifying the ones that wrote the walks.

Fist level; my version- into a tunnel in the water, throw a lever opening a gate, go back out, into that gate.

This version; first go to the gate and use the lever next to it to open a gate in the underwater tunnel, use a lever there to open the gate next to the first lever. So the same lever got a different function
lever.jpg
Not possible I made a mistake like that, even back then.

LoreRaider

Post by LoreRaider » 03 May 2017 12:12

This wall switch open the gate on the underwater tunnel, the floor switch open the gate near the wall switch :)
I had problems me too with this walkthrough, but find the way to continue the game :)
Apologize that I didn't reported that :blush:

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 03 May 2017 13:45

Dutchy wrote:
03 May 2017 09:23
Not possible I made a mistake like that, even back then.
Perish the thought.