BtB2016 Sandstorm Over Daraya

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: BtB2016 Sandstorm Over Daraya

Post by Dutchy » 15 May 2017 22:34

No idea how I could make that more clear.. You have been under and on that "structure" at least twice before you got to the point where you didn't know where to go. We direct you onto a ledge about one square away from that "structure".... : :glasses2:

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 16 May 2017 09:44

Hmm... Frankly, I've taken so many twists and turns there, jumping everywhere I could I don't think I remember that "structure" at all.

Maybe something along the lines of: "Once you've finished the slides and landed on the now raised block, jump to the next two until you're by the wall. From there jump to the pool slightly above to your left. You can't surface there and the current may bring you back to the main room but do swim along the wall and to the end of it, past the corner, until you can resurface. From there you'll be able to see an entrance just in front of you. Jump and grab etc."

Do you see? :)
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 16 May 2017 10:49

That will always be the problem, if you are stuck and check a walkthrough, you will have to read "back" to fully understand.

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 20 May 2017 00:17

I got confused by that same part of the walkthrough. I think the issue is that the "Pretty hard" and "The familiar route" paragraphs can be misinterpreted as mutually exclusive directions. But in fact if you follow the "pretty hard" route you have to continue reading in the middle of the "familiar route" paragraph, starting at "Jump to the last ledge against the far wall"...I think if that part were moved to the following paragraph instead, then readers following both routes would be more likely to pick up the reading at the right place.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 20 May 2017 00:39

Yep. Now imagine someone who, like me, had already done the slides before to find out there was no platform there yet, who already knew which way to go. Would you think I'd take the trouble of reading the entire previous stuff? Or even read that part with the two routes calmly?
I mean, the walkthrough is valuable but preferably it could be understood if you only looked at a certain part and knew exactly where you were.
It's all been done by now, anyway. :)
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."