BtB2016 - The Prison of the Daeva

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

BtB2016 - The Prison of the Daeva

Post by Dutchy » 16 Apr 2017 09:39

Jumped over a canyon, I go up a staircase, chased by a Fire wraith, only thing I can find is after all the stairs a jump out of a window to a roof with a crowbar door. No crowbar and cannot shake off the wraith... What's up?

Requiemsoul

Re: BtB2016 - The Prison of the Daeva

Post by Requiemsoul » 16 Apr 2017 11:54

There is a hole with water.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 16 Apr 2017 12:23

On the roof with the door?

Requiemsoul

Post by Requiemsoul » 16 Apr 2017 12:53

jump out of the window... and there is a roof.. then you can jump to other roof... and ..you need to watch carefully.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 16 Apr 2017 18:18

Well, this isn't funny anymore...Who came up with this idea...

Theda

Post by Theda » 18 Apr 2017 18:45

Well this is more than weird. First of all at the start there are big issues with the big room with the water trench (you could swim through the door you are supposed to open after draining and pull the ceiling switch but that renders the block unclimable and also the middle island unclimable. If you reload in between you can experience the same issues) And now I just finished this level after about 30 minutes but I clearly have not done everything there is to do (I missed at least one underwater switch in a pool that still had to be filled)

I only found one of the first stone prayer with the wraith on my heels I just jumped over the side into the deep pit where you actually are supposed to have 3 stone prayers and used it but from there got to the final boss. Moved the mirror and the level was over. Definitely not in the higher ranks this one.
Last edited by Theda on 19 Apr 2017 00:29, edited 1 time in total.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 18 Apr 2017 21:45

Several players have stated problems with this level that apparently wasn't beta tested properly by its late entry. At the start of the game on the way down to the water room with 3 jumpswitches high up, there is the ladder down with moving blades. Is there a way to grab the crevice to get into the crawlspace at the top of the ladder/blade area. Lara does not want to grab it no matter what is done. Is this a bug?
[There is still one thing left to do in the large room below after pulling all 3 jumpswitches and I assume this crawlspace is part of it.]
crevice-small.jpg

Theda

Post by Theda » 19 Apr 2017 00:27

You get there from the other side, when you moved the cage to get back to the switch I believe behind the cage.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 19 Apr 2017 01:10

Theda, that is wrong! It can only be reached from the top of the shaft where the "up and down" death bars are. Perhaps it comes later, but there doesn't seem to be a way back to this area after using the blue key obtained from the "birdman" where the yellow globes were way down below the sarcophagus. I will post a savegame later in case someone doesn't encounter the apparent bug in this game.

Btb bird where are you (mugs / gerty) to answer this inquiry?

Theda

Post by Theda » 19 Apr 2017 02:22

TombTitan wrote:
19 Apr 2017 01:10
Theda, that is wrong! It can only be reached from the top of the shaft where the "up and down" death bars are. Perhaps it comes later, but there doesn't seem to be a way back to this area after using the blue key obtained from the "birdman" where the yellow globes were way down below the sarcophagus. I will post a savegame later in case someone doesn't encounter the apparent bug in this game.

Btb bird where are you (mugs / gerty) to answer this inquiry?
Maybe I mixed that up with another game, sorry. It's hard to remember this was just a strange level.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 19 Apr 2017 05:42

I will post a savegame later this week where the crawlspace is to see if anyone can LEGALLY grab it and get inside. It is only entered this way ---- not from behind! I believe this is a bug with respect to grabbing the crevice/crawlspace.
closeddoor-small.jpg
Before I post the savegame I want to open this last door in the large room below where the 3 jumpswitches are up high and reached by crevices jumped up on. This door is still closed AFTER all of the jumpswitches and ceiling lever are pulled, and the water valve is used. How does it open? There is no apparent button, switch, etc. ANYWHERE before the blue key is used.

EDIT: Solved this closed door. I found out how to open it!!!!
Still can't grab that crevice. Will post a save game for that later if I can't after another set of tries. It is necessary to get into that crawlspace!!!

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 19 Apr 2017 20:34

OK, I solved my problems: I opened the closed door in the large room and I got in the crawlspace in the shaft with the moving blades. There is a trick to how and where Lara must make the jump and grab to the crawlspace/crevice. Continuing on with the COMPLETE version of this level.

EDIT: Finished this game with all 4 secrets!

Mazeh

Post by Mazeh » 20 Apr 2017 16:10

Well, Tomb Titan, I congratulate you for finishing this game. My Lara had no problems for grabbing, and the game proceeded smoothly from the initial pool with four passages (both N and S ones leading to the same area), to the canyon, where Lara found a very boring door-opened-by-a-wheel sequence that involved a circular running by broken ledges, and stopped the game. But anyway, I'd like to know how you opened that other door in the 3 jump switches' room, please.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 20 Apr 2017 19:58

Getting through the door with the circular wheel is not very difficult (at least compared to the one in Sandstorm Over Daraya).

Hint (but not the answer) to the door in the 3 jumpswitches room:
SpoilerShow
When Lara turns the valve to lower the water in the room so she can open the doors to the ceiling lever, where does the water drain to?

Mazeh

Post by Mazeh » 20 Apr 2017 22:54

WOW, good question! Thanks, I'll return eventually to this level and try to answer it. :wink: