BtB2016 - The Buried City of Susa

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: BtB2016 - The Buried City of Susa

Post by Treeble » 20 Apr 2017 22:35

The fire room gives you another of the four swords you need, though it's not where I lit my torch. Safe spots on the upper floor are directly above the rocks on the lower level. :)

I lit my torch on the flame emitters near the main temple doors, where you fight off two giant statues.

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 20 Apr 2017 22:44

Thanks Treeb, I'll do fire room last!

Nina Croft
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Nina Croft » 21 Apr 2017 19:40

I picked up the Laser Sight, Revolver and something for the well... I solved the mirror and pushblock puzzle and half-drained the pool...

I cannot get up now. I tried to RJ from the protruding ledge to the left of the closed entrance, but the crack is too high... On the other side, it seems that the crack is not too high, but Lara won't grab it anyway...

Any hint?

PS: there is something blue in one corner of the upper (drained) pool... No idea what to do with it...

Anything you can buy with money is cheap (Remarque)...

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 21 Apr 2017 20:01

Flood the room again to swim up in the block puzzle room. I don't think that blue light is for anything.

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Post by Gerty » 21 Apr 2017 20:02

You have to flood the place again so you can get into the opening where that push puzzle was.
Hope that was what you were looking for?

As for that blue light...
SpoilerShow
for when you encounter a wraith
Oops, I did it again... Image

Nina Croft
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Nina Croft » 21 Apr 2017 23:14

SuzanneJack wrote:
21 Apr 2017 20:01
Flood the room again to swim up in the block puzzle room.
Gerty wrote:
21 Apr 2017 20:02
You have to flood the place again so you can get into the opening where that push puzzle was.

Well, I can't... The door to the mirror room has closed, I tried to reopen it by using two UW levers, but it remained closed...

Isis

Post by Isis » 21 Apr 2017 23:35

The BtoB Budgie said this:

The blue light in the corner is only to kill the wraith which appears when you are in the narrow corridor with the moving blade and the second wheel switch.

When the caves are half-drained, you must go to the very beginning of the level, (when Lara starts to swim near the ceiling with a fixed camera), now on foot, and move a small statue there to get an important item.

Once you get that item, return again to the narrow corridor with the moving blade to use the wheel switch again an fill the entire cave. Now you can access to the desert area and use the item you've got at the back of the blue structure with the well to deactivate the spikes and get access to the well.

EDIT: The lasersight is no needed to do any task or finish the level. It's only to shoot enemies from the distance if players want to do it so when exploring the buried city area.
Friends of Felines Rescue Centre http://www.ustream.tv/ffrc

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 22 Apr 2017 00:55

There is an apparent bug with respect to the secret door. It will not open by the end of the game even when Lara has all 5 of the objects mentioned earlier in this thread (and the only hint in the readme file). There is no place to put them to activate a trigger in the game to open the door, nor is there any hidden area, switch, lever, button or whatever. The builder seems to want the door to open automatically, but it is then a bug because of the type of linear gameplay. It does NOT matter whether Lara goes to this secret door before or after getting all 4 swords, or before or after placing the swords at the door to the final boss, or before or after killing both shivas, or before or after entering the room with the final boss. The door simply will not open, nor is there a way to open it.

If there is a fixed single way to do this, what is it? Otherwise it is a bug because most players seem to finish the game without the secret despite having all 5 required objects!

Nina Croft
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Nina Croft » 22 Apr 2017 08:51

I am trying to re-flood the entire pool in order to get back to the level beginning. Picked up the Star, as well.

However, whenever Lara tries to use that valve in the blade room, the game crashes to the desktop.

I attached my savegame at this point. Please turn that valve for me, flood the area, save the game and send me back the savegame file...

Thanks in advance...
Attachments
trepsave.0
(12 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
savegame.0
(15.58 KiB) Downloaded 21 times

eRIC
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by eRIC » 22 Apr 2017 09:16

I never had any crash in this game.

Anyway , what you have asked :)
savegame.1
(15.58 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
trepsave.1
(12 KiB) Downloaded 21 times

Nina Croft
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Nina Croft » 22 Apr 2017 10:20

Thanks, eRIC, the savegame works. BUT...

The pool is still half-drained. The door to the mirror room is closed (the UW levers won't open it again).

How to flood the entire pool and get back up?

Still stuck... :hammer:

EDIT: I apparently encountered a bug (the pool remains half-drained after turning the valve in the blade room for the second time). I managed to work around it. If this bug appears in your game as well, you have to load an earlier save, before you turned that valve for the first time. Then it'll work)

eRIC
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by eRIC » 22 Apr 2017 10:46

okay thanks :)
but there is NO bug in my game , the cave is fully flooded in my savegame. And becomes back fully drained after using the artefacts with the big doors opened at the bottom of the cave. :2thumbsup:
I really do not understand why some players have bugs :dunno:

Nina Croft
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Nina Croft » 22 Apr 2017 11:08

I am playing my game on Windows 10, you know? It took me a couple of hours to set the game up properly. Maybe that has something to do with the glitches?

It's good that I can play this level further. It would be sad if I had to abandon it, because it's very good, puzzles are extremely interesting...

Will bring my old PC tomorrow, so that I can play these levels on the old OS.

Thanks for your help, eRIC :super:

eRIC
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by eRIC » 22 Apr 2017 11:42

that's maybe the reason :) i play with windows 7

Nina Croft
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Nina Croft » 22 Apr 2017 12:25

I finished the level...

Question:

I found the Desert Rose, Sword of Damascus and Scapegoat Timewaster. Could you give me any hint as where the other two secret items are? (no need to give the precise location, just hints)

Also, one door remained closed (the room with the white coffin). What's behind it?