ROC - Airport - China

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

High Priestess

ROC - Airport - China

Post by High Priestess » 14 Apr 2017 20:48

I posted about this in the Chat board and was advised that no thread was available on here (the stuck threads), and to post my savegame here.

Please can someone do this jump for me? I have struggled with many elements of this level-set and tried this a trillion times even with the YouTube visual walkthrough.

Thanks for this :)
Attachments
savegame.11
(15.58 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Last edited by High Priestess on 15 Apr 2017 07:09, edited 1 time in total.

Mulf

Re: ROC - Airport - China

Post by Mulf » 14 Apr 2017 21:08

I hope this is what you're supposed to do here, a running jump across a triangle with a curve toward that ladder wall...? (I've never played this level set and am entirely clueless about the situation Lara is in.)
Attachments
savegame.1
(15.58 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 14 Apr 2017 21:30

I assume Mulf's savegame is correct. I am not going to check it. In any case, you will immediately encounter a deadly spider once you drop down. The savegame should work in any version of Reign of Chaos -- trle.net or original complete game (all levels). At least, the one I made does, but I am not going to post it since Mulf posted first. Good luck.

Also, you should have all the secrets so far.

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 15 Apr 2017 07:03

Mulf wrote:
14 Apr 2017 21:08
I hope this is what you're supposed to do here, a running jump across a triangle with a curve toward that ladder wall...? (I've never played this level set and am entirely clueless about the situation Lara is in.)
Hi there, Mulf,

Thanks so much for this savegame and you have landed me in the exact right place :D :2thumbsup:

Believe me that this is a level-set well worth playing. The Mexican part (the first location) plus the airport that you return to after each excursion is MIND-BLOWING! I've never had so much fun, not to mention challenges. There is a video walkthrough on YouTube and I see that the uploader had to edit their video in order to finally incorporate footage of this exact jump and I lined Lara up several hundred times with minor adjustments each time but still ended up facing the wrong direction!!

It used to be rope-swinging I couldn't handle. Now it's both corner jumps AND banana jumps :hammer: Therefore I had to ask for help. I may come back for more as this is quite a challenging entry.

Allow me to share the link to part one on YouTube to give you a feel for this and thank you once again. Please keep a check on the thread lest I need more rescuing :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8AaUEPegCo

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 15 Apr 2017 07:08

TombTitan wrote:
14 Apr 2017 21:30
I assume Mulf's savegame is correct. I am not going to check it. In any case, you will immediately encounter a deadly spider once you drop down. The savegame should work in any version of Reign of Chaos -- trle.net or original complete game (all levels). At least, the one I made does, but I am not going to post it since Mulf posted first. Good luck.

Also, you should have all the secrets so far.
Yes it is the exact spot. Thanks for checking in, TombTitan. Thanks too for the warning about the giant Boris :D

I encountered one earlier in this particular level - just after jumping a lava/toxic pool. I actually evaded it by jumping back across it again and the spider got stuck in said pool but I killed it anyway because it was making an annoying scratching sound LOL :D