players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Seth94 - Relics of Power 4 -Remnants of Tinnos

Post by Jorge22 » 13 Apr 2017 23:31

Ok. All parts are bad! :roll:

When the sickly earthquake starts what's the way out?
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 14 Apr 2017 00:24

Through the pit created.
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 14 Apr 2017 00:32

start on the left side using a crevice to shimmy across - beware falling ceilings....
Of doggie candle fame!

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 14 Apr 2017 08:35

That part is annoying. It's easy Lara dies again and again when trying to shimmy along that crack 'cause the falling debris. Another fragment of the walkthrough:

"Go back to the big cave to find the way blocked by a lava pit. Approach from the left and see a safe low ledge near the corner. Take a standing jump to the corner of the ledge pointing the lava and quickly jump back to grab the edge avoiding the falling debris; hoist up and patiently wait for two giant wasps; check your health and jump to grab the crack in the E wall (there is a trick here: if you start shimmy from the very left of the crack it’s very possible you die at middle way. What you can do to avoid this is, calculate the jump so Lara grabs the crack a bit right from the start of the crack, that way she will trigger the debris at the very limit of the trigger tile and have enough time to shimmy back. Of course, you’ll need to be lucky with this jump); shimmy right but beware with more falling debris when shimmying (shimmy right and immediately left when reaching the trigger tile). When you are on the next safe ledge in the corner..."

I hope this can help...

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 14 Apr 2017 11:00

Yep, it will definitely help, thank you. :)

I'd actually noticed the crack. I'd also been killed by the debris at the start several times because (so it seems now) I wasn't quick enough in jumping to the edge.
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

MrJavi94
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MrJavi94 » 14 Apr 2017 11:43

This level's gonna be a pain the *** for a speedrun. It'll take my time to master some things like this cave you guys are talking about precisely...

Titak

Post by Titak » 14 Apr 2017 14:09

MrJavi94 wrote:
09 Apr 2017 22:25
As soon as you pick up the key, the earthquake will start and the flood will collapse. First falling debris happen to fall on that safe tile. What I did at first was to roll there and immediately backflip to the starting point. Then shimmy to the right using that crevice (but pull up before going any further since the next falling will kill you if you're still shimmying). There's a total of two more debris that will fall in this entire part, I'll leave that for you to find out. :)
I managed to jump to the edge of the rock, and then hopped back and grabbed its ledge before the debris would kill Lara. :D

I'm now in the final section, the water section with the rotating blades...
Those annoying blades! :anxious:
And ofcourse, I first went for some goodies only to find out there wasn't a switch there to open the grate. So back again past that first blade to find another passage or something. Which I've found, but that only lead me to even more blades! :lol:
Well, they are not going that fast, it is quite possible to get past them. However... I guess with the way I'm going with this, there's more chance of Lara running out of air than getting hit by a blade. :lol:
Nothing is in contradiction with nature,
only in contradiction with what we know of it.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 14 Apr 2017 15:27

'nnoying, ain't it now? :computer:

Anyway... Room with fire ledges and several levers, four that I've seen. So, I've used the four levers, the last of which through a hole on the wall. I don't know where to go from here, I must be missing something "unobvious"... :-|

MrJavi94
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MrJavi94 » 14 Apr 2017 15:51

Jorge22 wrote:
14 Apr 2017 15:27

Anyway... Room with fire ledges and several levers, four that I've seen. So, I've used the four levers, the last of which through a hole on the wall. I don't know where to go from here, I must be missing something "unobvious"... :-|
It's weird to see the fire room hasn't been picked as your first choice, as it was mine. :)

Yes, there are four levels in total in that portion of the room, one of them raises the trapdoor that grants you access to a secret - so you've done part of the secret hunt for this in particular. :)

After pulling the three levers, you'll have opened the exit door, but you can't just yet get out of there until you don't reuse one of those levers (and won't tell which one it is - I'll leave it for you to figure out).

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 14 Apr 2017 18:12

The first room to the left seemed simpler. :)

Anyway, what a bloody mess this is! I did manage to get to the upper platform opposite the ledge that I raised. I can see a locked gate in the distance. There's another locked gate where I'm standing. Maybe I'm too stupid to be playing Tomb Raider customs but I still enjoy it! :D

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 14 Apr 2017 18:14

Jorge22 wrote:
14 Apr 2017 15:27

Another fragment from the walkthrough:

"Now that you know the behavior of this fire pillars, from the entrance, take a running jump to the W pillar, to the pillar NW and to the N pillar attached to the N wall; situate Lara in either corner next to the wall and when the fire is off, quickly jump / grab the edge and hoist up. Pull the switch there to change the configuration of the pillars in the room.

From the pillar next to the opening, jump to the E one, again to the taller E pillar and from here a long running jump to the entrance of the room. Now jump again to the W pillar, to the pillar with the constant fires attached to the W wall, shimmy left and hoist up in the very corner and quickly take a standing jump NE to the corner of the taller one. From here a last standing jump to the high opening in W wall. Pull the switch to change again the configuration of the pillars.

Take a standing jump back to the pillar next to the opening (not from the very edge, but one or two steps back, hitting the ceiling when jumping to land onto the very corner), from here a long running jump to the pillar attached to the N wall, now comes a series of jumps from pillar to pillar in a E direction to finally reach the top of the high pillar attached to the E wall under the opening.

For a secret: turn right and take a running jump with grab to the opening with the broken window in NE corner; pull the switch to raise a trapdoor somewhere and take a running jump back to the pillar under the opening.

Jump into the E opening and pull the switch to open the door in front of the entrance (N wall). Now from the nearby pillar take a standing jump to the W one and from here a long running jump to the ledge near the entrance. From here, repeat the series of jumps from pillar to pillar until you reach the high opening near the NW corner; pull the switch there to lower the pillar in front of the open door and take a couple of jumps to land onto it (it’s possible to jump with a left curve from the right side of the tallest pillar near the N wall to land in a corner, timing the fire). From this low pillar, take a final running jump N to the opening with the open door."

cory

Post by cory » 24 Apr 2017 21:27

I can't do the four pushables puzzle, unless it's not the gate in the same room that's supposed to open. I know the sequence must be 'tree, bull, bull, human' and 'fish, bird, bird, human' and I did that - twice. First the bulls were on the left of the entrance to this room and the birds on the right, then vice versa. Each time three of the fires were lit, which is supposed to mean that three boxes were in the correct spot? But if that's true, then there's only one spot left for the last box but that one doesn't light. This doesn't make sense. And from what I see, there are only TWO ways of placing these boxes anyway: either you put the bulls left of the entrance and birds on the right, or birds on the left and bulls on the right. I can't see how I could be doing anything wrong here. There's nothing else to rearrange here.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 24 Apr 2017 21:53

As I recall, fires once lit went out for some reason during the process of moving the blocks to match the screen shots posted earlier in this thread. I tried pulling those blocks back out and pushing them back in, and the fires became lit once more. When all four are lit at the same time, the door in this room opens.